Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great empties!  It does look like you went through a lot.  Kudos. 

I still love Wen, too. I have not used it exclusively in a while though. 

full size

13214497_10154921625373840_1904656996_o.jpg

yassssss  

middle child syndrome  

bye felicia  

deluxe samples

13214431_10154921625248840_2059348891_o.jpg

yassssss

middle child syndrome

bye felicia

• formula x top coat  this was super disappointing!!! i didn’t even get a chance to use this! i opened it up and not only was it dried up and virtually empty but the brush was broken off in the remaining polish.

foil samples

13199237_10154921625308840_1295012085_o.jpg

yasssss

middle child syndrome

@sparklekai Can I just say that you have the best review scale I have ever seen? YASSSSS!! 😄

its a combo of i use a lot of crap :P, i wear makeup at least 5 days a week and really trying to use stuff up! 

She is the Queen of the Empties!

@njattanathose were some serious work over some serious time! and also not totally finished.  just got to the point where they were old, sticky and i'd used enough to be ok with getting rid of them

Great month of empties. You destroyed my stash. I am using that OH cleanser right now and think I am in love. It smells divine. 

I've turned my man onto that cleanser!   He loves it!   

Completely forgot to share April Empties:

Empties April 2016.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

InstaNatural Neck Smoothing Cream- This thin, bright orange cream moisturizes well and smells like oranges and lemons. A little goes a long way.

AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream- This is still a FabuFind. It is instantly soothing and seems to moisturize from within.

Schick Hydro Silk Razor- This razor is still a FabuFind, because it gives a close shave and rarely cuts me. The moisturizing serum along the blades helps the razor glide. I just upgraded the handle.

bliss Aloe Leaf + Peppermint Foot Patrol- This is not the best smelling foot cream, but it is far enough away from my nose that I do not mind that. It is thick and penetrates deeply.

Tree Hut Shea Butter Coconut Lime- This really smells like limes and coconuts, so it is impossible to apply this without singing Put the Lime in The Coconut. Limes and coconuts compliment each other surprisingly well. The cream is thick but rubs in easily and moisturizes nicely.

Essentielle Beauty Super Oils Cream- Megan was kind enough to send me a generous sized cream to sample. While I mostly used this on my face, it worked wonderfully on elbows and other areas of extremely dry skin. The cream consists of: jojoba, hazelnut, rosehip, macadamia, and kukui. This formula is not overly thick, but it is deeply moisturizing thanks to the impressive blend of oils. My skin glows.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle- I love the way this smells. It detangles and reduces frizz. My hair feels softer when I use this.

h2o+ Sea Salt Body Wash- This wash smells very fresh and clean. The lather is lovely.

Alterna Daily Root & Scalp Stimulator- This is still a FabuFind. My scalp feels less dry and tight since I started using this. It helps my scalp flake less.

Julep Konjac Sponge- This is still a FabuFind. It lathers well and cleanses nicely with very gentle exfoliation.

Secret Clinical Strength Smooth Solid Light & Fresh- I bought the wrong 3-pack of deodorant from Sam's Club by accident, so I still have 2 more of these left. Thankfully, I do love this, but I do not love it as much as the Invisible Solid, which is a FabuFind. This does everything I expect from deodorant but it is a little more messy than the Invisible Solid.

h2o+ Sea Salt Hydrating Body Butter- I prefer this to the body lotion, which has the same wonderful scent. This is a thicker cream that moisturizes better than the lotion. There is something in it that does not play well with eczema, but it feels great on my skin.

Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava Body Butter- This is thin for a Pacifica Body Butter. It is still medium density, so it would classify as a normal body butter from most lines. Like every Pacifica product I've tried, it smells unbelievably good. Even though it is thinner than most, it moisturizes well.

Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream- This light/medium color is too dark for my skin, but I like the formula. It sits well, wears comfortably, and I love the added SPF it provides. I'd love to try this in a lighter shade.

365 Foaming Hand Soap Herbal Mint- This has a fresh scent. The only thing that keeps this from being a FabuFind is the inconsistency and potential product waste. Sometimes, one pump is enough and does a thorough job foaming (as it should according to the product name) and cleansing. Other times, it takes 2-3 pumps to get the same effect. While I am unsure why this happens, I am not okay with it. Unless a soap is very cheap, it is unacceptable to use multiple pumps for one hand wash. My husband really loves this, so he keeps repurchasing.

365 Foaming Hand Soap Pumpkin Caramel- I love all things pumpkin, the taste, the smell, anything. It really smells incredible without being overpowering, which is something Whole Foods does well. The only thing that keeps this from being a FabuFind is the inconsistency and potential product waste. Sometimes, one pump is enough and does a thorough job foaming (as it should according to the product name) and cleansing. Other times, it takes 2-3 pumps to get the same effect. While I am unsure why this happens, I am not okay with it. Unless a soap is very cheap, it is unacceptable to use multiple pumps for one hand wash. My husband really loves this, so he keeps repurchasing.

Radical Skincare Youth Infusion Serum- This is a beautiful serum that adds moisture to my skin and prepares it for the products that come after. It helps everything else absorb deeper into my skin.

Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands- The citrus scent in this is light and refreshing. It rinses very clean. My only issue is the mess it makes on the sink when my kids spill it.

Willing To Try Again

Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara- This mascara only adds color to lashes. It does not do much in the way of volume or definition. I think this would be a great mascara for a teenager or for a really natural look.

Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Olive Oil Conditioner- I love the smoothing cream, so I wish the conditioner did more. It did not seem to help much with frizz or tangles.

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash- The lather was okay and the scent was pleasant. There was nothing wrong with this, but I did not notice anything that made it special again. I'd use it again, but I would not purchase it.

Not for Me

Maison Caulieres Tourbillon Vegetal Perfumed Bath Oil- I do not take baths, but I received this in the Vanity Affair Limited Edition Birchbox and decided to give it a try. The scent is strong but not bad. Instead of applying it to my bath, I applied it directly to my skin after cleansing and rinsed it off. It does add moisture to the skin in a way similar to other rinse off in the shower products. While I am unsure if it was the oil or the perfume, I believe I am allergic. My skin developed a slight rash when I used this.

Glad I'm not the only late one.  I've been debating whether to post now or just wait another month since at this point I have them from Jan 1 on. 

Your empties look like a good mix of stuff and as always I appreciate the detail in your reviews.  Sorry to hear you had rash in response to the bath oil.  Ever since I got one this fall (though my derm thinks it was stress triggered and not product triggered) I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

@kelloua Last year I forgot to photograph my empties, but I kept saving them. I ended up photographing the whole lot spread all across my dining room tablee at the end of the year. It was really quite fascinating to see them all there together and to find random foils of stuff I'd have sworn I'd never heard of before, but had apparently used up.

I was actually disappointed with how little I wrote on each sample this month, but I was already so late and not into it that I decided it was enough. 

Rashes stink. Glad he was able to identify your culprit, but stress rashes suck. You can avoid certain products, but it is a lot harder to avoid stress. Sorry about that. 

20160510_151219-1.jpg

I love and will repurchase all products except for the Elnett hairspray and the Savannah Bee Company body wash. I didn't care for the fragrance or performance of those two items.

I keep getting samples of that hairspray (and gift dupes), but I know what you mean on hairsprays with bad scents. It is the main reason I hate hairspray.

Hairspray is a frustrating purchase for me. It is difficult to find one that doesn't have an offensive fragrance and offers light hold.

Yeah I think that is part of what scared me off of hairspray for so long.  I think I can still smell the scent of my grandma's hairspray from my childhood.

I wonder if she used Aqua Net. I still have nightmares from the hideous smell. 

I've been curious about Savannah Bee Company's body products.  I LOVE their honey, but I haven't tried anything else.

Good to hear some feedback, even if it isn't entirely positive.

@Harpier82 I  love the company and many of the products. I  highly recommend their lip balms, especially the tupelo honey one! I just found the body care items too highly fragranced for my liking.

I somewhat recently discovered BT and have silently been stalking this board!  It really inspired me to start working through my stash!  Here are my empties for the past couple of months...

Loves:  I have repurchased all 3 of these!

20160501_110805.jpg

20160501_110917.jpg

Dislikes:

20160501_111034.jpg

3 Replies
testing