Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

First time empties poster.  This is only the second half of April cause that's when I started.  

image.jpeg

Which Pathology mask is that? I have a funny fascination with that egg mask. It is sticky, but I still like it.

Welcome!  Great empties.  I like how you labeled what is what in the photo.

Good empties for half a month!

I love the MB spray too!

Thanks...I feel all you ladies are putting me to shame here.  I better step it up lol

April Empties!! Proud of these... I finished probably my first FS moisturizer this month!! Again, probably won't go through and itemize because there are SO many, but if you're curious about anything just ask!3

Loves: Have or would repurchase

FullSizeRender (60).jpg

FullSizeRender (59).jpg

Meh: Just ok, would use but not pay for

FullSizeRender (58).jpg

FullSizeRender (61).jpg

Nope: Hated, in some cases didn't even finish

FullSizeRender (57).jpg

Spoiler
Some of these were just the wrong color, or are being purged because they dried out. The coconut+cream hand lotion was too greasy, the Strivectin stretch marks cream I got no results from (this is the 2nd or 3rd DS I've used, too), the NYX white eye base was just ew to work with, and I've decided I hate fiber mascara do that accounts for most of those DSes.

Great job. So many great things here.

This is EXTREMELY impressive.  I bow down to your empties.  Looks like you made some really, really nice progress on full size items, deluxe samples and foils.

The PTR was just ok. It wasn't drying like other clay/mud masks usually are, which was nice, but I didn't feel like it did a great job clearing out pores or otherwise actually helping my face. It doesn't hold a candle to the Origins Charcoal mask, for example. But if you don't need heavy-duty detoxing, and normal clay/mud masks are too drying for you, this might be a good option.

The philosophy Clear things are salicylic acid pads. I got them from the Outlet section of the direct site (aka their old stock clearance aisle), so I'm not sure if they're still making them. They were comparable to the FAB pads, maybe a bit stronger. If you like those you'd like these too. 

How did you use all of these up?  I'm impressed!

Hah well, a  number of them are in the "purge" category; all the mascara DSes are either old and dried out, or the fiber ones that I tried once and decided to ditch. Same with the TF Melted Fuschia (I have the FS and this one kinda exploded)

The rest of it is basically a bunch of stuff finishing all at once, like the FAB pads and the philosophy Clear ones, both of which I've had for months and just happened to finish at the same time.

I have one of the Amorepacific cushions as well from Nordstrom's, when they offered it as a GWP.  I wanted so much to love it -- the formula blends in so well, the applicator doesn't soak up too much product, the high SPF...but WOW is the fragrance strong in this product!  On me, the scent lingers for hours after I apply it, and my skin has a couple more little bumps after using this (probably from being irritated by the high synthetic fragrance content).

The drybar Hydrating Shots were a new-found love for me this month as well!  I redeemed one for 100 points, tried it and loved the results so much that I redeemed for a couple more!

What product is in the compact in the first picture?

It's the Burberry Earthy blush mini from the beauty box set they had when the brand launched at Sephora. I already bought the FS replacement lol. I use it for contour basically every day, it's great for my fair/light skin and for once not too warm.

Thank you, I thought it was an eye shadow lol!

It is actually the same size/case that their eyeshadow singles use, so you are not entirely wrong! (and that is a foam applicator like the shadows have, too)

You didn't like the amorepacific cushion?  I've been eyeing them for a while now.  What was it you didn't like?  

That one specifically is the wrong color, too dark and too pink. I have another in a better color match that I'll keep until I use it up, but in general they are too sheer for my personal preference.

I'm curious to try this!  I got the sample from Nordstroms and used color IQ to get something that seemed like it would be close.  i actually tend to prefer things that are a bit more sheer.  (My skin is far from perfect but I seem to like the look better when I use concealer for my problem areas.)  So perhaps this might be for me!

I have that NYX color corrector but never use it. I received a sample of 3 of the Becca color correctors and really liked Papaya. I never really used correctors so I pulled out the NYX but there was no comparison. I went ahead and purchased the full size Becca in papaya.(it was in my haul pic from yesterday)

I've been getting better at using up things! Let me know if you have questions or would like some feedback.

Loved (have or will purchase):

image.jpeg

Liked (would like to try some more):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay (Wouldn't buy but did the job):

image.jpeg

Like but I've had for awhile so time to toss:

image.jpeg

Didn't like:

image.jpeg

testing