Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've found the Sephora brand ones to be a nice substitute if you don't like the sticky-togetherness of the Shiseido.  I have the same issue with Shiseido.  They are nice and soft, but I'm still not 100% convinced.  The Sephora ones are nicely finished at the edges and whatnot, and they don't stick together.

Oh thanks, I'll check them out.

@heartsmyface Yes I do remember that.  I cannot use the drugstore ones at all.  They're so terrible.

It's not a great primer by any means but since it does ok I keep getting it.  I am always looking for DS/foils of non illuminating primers that don't leave a white cast on my skin.

I just checked through my stash.  The only priner I have that meets your criteria is the Too Cool For School oil control primer.  It's very mattifying.  The only reason I own it is so that I can do other people's makeup.  I love shiny skin.  

Ahh interesting.  I am always afraid of mattifying primers since I have such dry skin as it is. 

I just can't do glowy primers for daytime because I already have a natural glow to my skin and I always wear a separate highlighter.  If I wear a glowy primer before that I'll look like a greaseball.

image.jpeg

Loves / Likes / Not for Me

The perfume vial is MJ Decadence & the clear bottle above it is the Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

I finally finished up my Sephora brush cleanser! The bottle lasted forever!

I have a bottle of that brush cleanser that is lasting me forever, too. I also love it.

Is that cucumber supposed to have a face on it?   Lol, I love it! <the face, I've never tried them.  

I must be really wasteful with the brush cleaner cause I think I go through a big bottle every couple months.  I use the big bottle to keep refilling the little bottle for travelling cause the price is better.

lol! The cucumber wipes are baby wipes from Target! The hard plastic tab fell off inside my Empties ziploc bag and I figured no one would even pay attention 😂 I loooove using baby wipes on my face. I'm sure there's something wrong with doing that but until someone tells me... Haha

well....... they generally have A LOT of alcohol in them and aren't the greatest even for baby bottoms, but that can be said about a lot of makeup remover wipes as well.  

I guess it would be alright as long as you're not leaving the chemicals on your face.  A quick splash with water afterward kinda deal.  

I was thinking the same thing, @heartsmyface - I go through that brush cleaner so fast; I must be using too much 😮

I'm not sure what others do but I spray each brush three or four times and swirl it on a cotton pad til no more color comes off.  I just thought I was paying a premium for being too lazy to actually wash my brushes.  

That's basically what I do, too, but I was using Dr Bronners for deep cleaning intermittently, too, so the spray bottle just stretched a long time for me. Then one day I picked the bottle up and felt how little was left. I was excited, thinking I was almost through it, but then it even stretched out for an additional month! Haha I just felt like a little goes a long way with it - very effective! @heartsmyface

image.jpeg

March/April Empties

I didn't hate anything here. I have or will repurchase UD primer potion, Hourglass Ambient in Dim Light, OH Truth Serum, Fresh Advanced Therepy, Nars all day luminous.

Here's the finished Dim Light next to my new one. It took me 16 months of daily (generous) use as an all over face powder to finish it!

image.jpeg

Nice. That lasted a long time for something used everyday. 

Wow, I only have the ambient powder palette and I've had it for a year and haven't made a dent yet. I always wondered what it would look like once I hit pan. 

That is incredible! 

Oh wow!  Great job on emptying the ambient powder!   I'm in awe. 

Thanks! Now if I could manage to finish just one lipstick...

I've finished two in my lifetime.  Just two.  

I'm nearing the end of MAC Barely Lit soon.  Sigh.  By the end of summer perhaps cause I just don't have it in me to wear the same lipstick everyday. 

I think that's my problem too. I have no problem committing to neutral face products like face powders and foundations and concealers, but when it comes to colored cosmetics? Total commitment issues. 

1 Reply
testing