Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

How did you use all of these up?  I'm impressed!

Hah well, a  number of them are in the "purge" category; all the mascara DSes are either old and dried out, or the fiber ones that I tried once and decided to ditch. Same with the TF Melted Fuschia (I have the FS and this one kinda exploded)

The rest of it is basically a bunch of stuff finishing all at once, like the FAB pads and the philosophy Clear ones, both of which I've had for months and just happened to finish at the same time.

I have one of the Amorepacific cushions as well from Nordstrom's, when they offered it as a GWP.  I wanted so much to love it -- the formula blends in so well, the applicator doesn't soak up too much product, the high SPF...but WOW is the fragrance strong in this product!  On me, the scent lingers for hours after I apply it, and my skin has a couple more little bumps after using this (probably from being irritated by the high synthetic fragrance content).

The drybar Hydrating Shots were a new-found love for me this month as well!  I redeemed one for 100 points, tried it and loved the results so much that I redeemed for a couple more!

What product is in the compact in the first picture?

It's the Burberry Earthy blush mini from the beauty box set they had when the brand launched at Sephora. I already bought the FS replacement lol. I use it for contour basically every day, it's great for my fair/light skin and for once not too warm.

Thank you, I thought it was an eye shadow lol!

It is actually the same size/case that their eyeshadow singles use, so you are not entirely wrong! (and that is a foam applicator like the shadows have, too)

You didn't like the amorepacific cushion?  I've been eyeing them for a while now.  What was it you didn't like?  

That one specifically is the wrong color, too dark and too pink. I have another in a better color match that I'll keep until I use it up, but in general they are too sheer for my personal preference.

I'm curious to try this!  I got the sample from Nordstroms and used color IQ to get something that seemed like it would be close.  i actually tend to prefer things that are a bit more sheer.  (My skin is far from perfect but I seem to like the look better when I use concealer for my problem areas.)  So perhaps this might be for me!

I have that NYX color corrector but never use it. I received a sample of 3 of the Becca color correctors and really liked Papaya. I never really used correctors so I pulled out the NYX but there was no comparison. I went ahead and purchased the full size Becca in papaya.(it was in my haul pic from yesterday)

I've been getting better at using up things! Let me know if you have questions or would like some feedback.

Loved (have or will purchase):

image.jpeg

Liked (would like to try some more):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay (Wouldn't buy but did the job):

image.jpeg

Like but I've had for awhile so time to toss:

image.jpeg

Didn't like:

image.jpeg

I am glad Ulta picked up Soap and Glory after Sephora dropped it. Love the Hand Food.

@notcreative I am too! When Sephora had them on sale I bought a few and finally ran out, I just bought a full size from Ulta. 

Great empties.  Looks like you made some really nice progress across categories.  I have that mabelline mascara open right now and I want to like it but it just doesn't seem to be working for my lashes, though I can't seem to put my finger on why.

@kelloua I've been trying to use up a lot of products I already have opened before opening new ones specially masks. Also trying to use up foil samples.

I actually really like that mascara. It worked great for my lashes and its buildable. It gives me great length!

Some of my empties from April that I remembered to keep:

empties1.jpg

Spoiler
LOVED:
Cleansing Tissue from Daiso- effectively removed my makeup with no burning. 
Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 moisturizer- makeup applied very well on top!
NARS Deep Throat- this color will always be my jam
B&BW Endless Weekend body cream- my new favorite scent. I usually get EVERY last bit before I toss them out. 

MEH:
Tresemme dry shampoo- it made my scalp itch
Yes to Grapefruit facial wipes- burned
Origins GinZing eye cream- didn't see any difference

Just for Funsies:

funsies.jpg

Spoiler
*HEART EYES*
Uji Matcha
Sakura Matcha

Those Kit Kats!

Great empties!  Love the kit kat empties. 😉  I have some yes to coconuts wipes and I really wanted to like them because facial wipes can be expensive and I love the smell of coconut but mine stung a bit too and it felt like they were leaving a residue behind that I didn't care for.

Kit Kat envy!

Spoiler
Before your pics I never thought of cutting the bottles in half to get at the remaining product - thanks for that!

1 Reply
testing