Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yeah it's really nic I just have way too many cleansers right now! But I will most likely buy this when I have used up a few.

Ha, I'm the same!    I'll be trying out many many cleansers on the next little while trying to get through all the deluxe sized samples that have built up.  

Great empties!  I never quite got into that Pure Truth melting cleanser but I do really enjoy OH cleansing cloths.

Anonymous Insider

pic3.jpgpic2.jpgpic1.jpgHere are my empties for Jan through March. The only thing I despised was the Orofluido conditioner, that stuff did nothing for my hair was like water sadly.

Spoiler

Conditioner like water!?!  That sucks.  I would have been annoyed.  Looks like you made some good progress in those months.

Anonymous Insider

yeah the conditioner was very thin and watery and did nothing for my hair didn't even leave a scent which was the only thing it had going for it. I had to use like 6-7 pumps of the stuff to get enough out for my hair and still nothing sadly. Now I know why Ulta had it on sale.

Ugh yuck!  Conditioner should never be like that!

Its been a few months, so lots of empties. 

LOVED:  I will order/reorder, if I have not yet already done so. Many have become staples & favorites already.   

Empties_2016_04_LOVED.jpg

Spoiler
YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil:  This will become a great, easy staple for the summer. 

Dior Addict Lip Glow:  Another soon-to-be-staple once it arrives. 

Ahava Bright Nights Serum:  It just works for me. Brightening and calming on my skin. It has replaced my old standard (Clarins Double Serum) for nighttime use. 

Tatcha rice enzyme powder:  My face likes this a lot, and I now use it daily. 

G. Armani Luminessence CC Moisturizer:  Great, sheer coverage tinted moisturizer with SPF. 

Lush Charity Pot Body Lotion:  Works well & I love the smell. 

LIKED:  I enjoyed them, and they worked well. I just don't feel compelled to rush out and buy them for various reasons. 

Empties_2016_04_LIKED.jpg

Spoiler
Aura Cacia foam bath:  It was nice. I have a lot of bath products I need to use up. I've also discovered Lush bath bombs. This is a great lower-cost alternative to Lush. 

Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel:  Got the job done, but I have a pile of other makeup removers I need to use up. I also like the OH remover a little better. 

Giovanni Shampoo:  I got this from a hotel stay, and it is a nice natural-procuct shampoo. I liked it, and would consider buying it in the future once I use up all the other shampoos in my possession. 

NOT FOR ME:  I used these up, but have no intention to ever repurchase. 

Empties_2016_04_NOPE.jpg

Spoiler
Tony Moly Sheet Masks:  They didn't do anything for me, and I'm not one to sit around for 20-30 minutes doing nothing. I think I'm just not a sheet mask kind of gal. I'll suffer through the rest of my variety pack, and not repurchase after that. 

Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow Foundation:  It was pore enhancing on me. It would be lovely on someone younger with smoother skin, but wasn't for me. 

Tarte BB Tinted Primer:  I tried this out as a SPF tinted moisturizer, and it was quite nice. The coverage was a little heavier for my natural-looking preferences, and I like my bases to be a little more radiant & dewy. It was quite nice, and it would be great for someone looking for a medium-coverage SPF tinted moisturizer. 

They're Real mascara:  I loved how it looked and how well it lasted, but it was torture to remove. 

They're Real mascara remover:  Stung my eyes. Plus, I object to any mascara that requires it's own special remover. Counter and drawer space is too precious for a product that behaves like a special snowflake, but in reality, isn't. 

OH Sheer Transformation:  Just not the right moisturizer for me. I already found something that works for me (Clarins Extra Firming line), and this isn't it. I  used it up as hand cream. 

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion:  (same summary as OH Sheer Transformation above). 

Benefit Pore fessional:  I'm just too lazy to ever want to use a primer. I seek out high-performing foundations that minimize the appearance of pores (some day, I may need to revisit this approach). 

ABH Brow Powder:  Brow powders are not my friend. They always look too heavy on me, and not natural. I have a bunch of matte eye shadows that I can use (and have used) for brow powder in a pinch when I need brow powder, so keeping a brow-specific powder is not necessary for me to use twice a year. If I used brow powder daily, I would love this as an option so I didn't hit the pan on my eyeshadow pallets of the brow color before touching the rest of the pallet. It was nice, just not for me. 

Hask Almond Oil Conditioner:  Whoopsie. This should have been in the NOPE NOPE NOPE / couldn't finish category. 

NOPE NOPE NOPE:  I couldn't even finish. 

Empties_2016_04_NOPENOPENOPE.jpg

Spoiler
Hask Almond Oil:  (I put this one in the wrong category). The smell is something I couldn't get over. I used part of one packet, and dumped the rest. 

L'Oreal EverStrong Thickening Shampoo:  There are so many shampoos out there I like better, including 4 different kinds I own that I'd rather be using. I tried once, and pitched the rest. 

Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Concealer:  It didn't cover or mask the dark circles under my eyes, and it settled in my fine lines. No need to keep using it when I have something else that works for me already. 

Guerlain Lingerie BB Cream:  This would be an HG product if it didn't settle in the pores of my nose and make it speckled. I tried twice, and both times I had to struggle to remove (surface removed easily, but not so much from my pores) and apply something else. Perhaps there is such a thing a pigments that are too fine. 

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate lip in some sort of plum color: The formula was ok, but the color was sparkly in a dated way. If I saw it in store, I would have never bought it. Online regrets. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 465 Plumalicious:  Didn't like the formula, and the color had a similar weird sparkly dated appearance. More online regrets. 

Too Faced Lip Creme in Naked Dolly:  The formula is fine, and I enjoy it in darker colors. Naked Dolly is so light on me that it is unwearable. 

Great empties!  I appreciate the detailed reviews as it's always interesting to see why certain things were loved, liked or loathed by others.  I've been trying to use the Tatcha rice powder more regularly.  It's definitely interesting but I'm not sure if I'm seeing a difference using it on top of a chemical exfoliant....will continue and see.

@kelloua, I like seeing complete commentary, too, and I like to process what I liked and didn't like. I also feel bad about "not liking" a product that may be great for someone else, so I like to elaborate on those especially. 

I use Tatcha rice powder on mornings when I'm not doing anything else for exfoliation. It's fast, easy, and gets the job done for me in a way that my face is fresh & non-irrated before heading out the door.  When I have time in the evenings, I will substitute Tatcha for a heavier-duty exfoliator if I feel my skin would benefit from it and if I have time/energy. 

I am not a fan of TONY MOLY products especially their sheet masks.

They are also quite expensive!

I'd highly recommend you search for Innisfree or The Face Shop sheet masks. They work so much better and WAY cheaper too!

I will have to check those out, thanks! 

First time posting on empties...I am at work so notmuch time to write- ask if you have any questions.

This is my daughter and I in March...

pic1.jpgpic3.jpgpic2.jpg

Great empties.  And I love that like me, you also cut the tops off to get every last little bit out!

@kelloua  I always cut them off after seeing someone else on here doing that.  Theres so much product left inside!

These are my March empties. I liked everything except for the Oscar Blandi spray dry shampoo on the left. This thread has really motivated me to work through my stash!

Empties.png

Looks like great empties.  What Tatcha item is that?

@kelloua it is the Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask. Its my absolute favorite hydrating sheet mask but it's sooooo spendy. Hoping they will have a F&F sale soon or another gilt deal so I can stock up!

I know.  I'm keeping my eye out for a sale.  I picked up a few things before and now there are even more I want to try.

I  didn't have anything I really disliked in March.  I think you can tell what most items are, the eyeliner is KVD (the only liqid liner I've been able to figure out) and the lip gloss sample is UD revolution bittersweet. 

Loves

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great empties.  Thanks to a TSB I discovered Dr. Dennis Gross's peels and am now obsessed.  I'm not sure I've found anything I like better for exfoliation.  I didn't love those Kirkland wipes though.  I wish I did because the price is right but I feel like they stung my skin.

2 Replies
testing