Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I'm not really sure the DDG did much for me, I'm finding the Drunk Elephant night serum a bit more effective at least in the short time I've tried either.  The Kirkland wipes I go back and forth on, I don't hate them, but I like the price ( I'm cheap when it comes to wipes!). I found them to sting my eyes a bit as well so I don't use them on my face, but keep them at camp to clean up where potable water is more valuable.  

Interesting about the DDG.  Have you tried the more intensive ones that aren't meant for sensitive skin.  That's what I'm using even though my skin is on the more sensitive side and it does seem to make a difference in skin texture and helping my serums absorb.

I adore all your loves. I just started using the Alterna Caviar conditioner and OMG IT IS SO HYDRATING

I was skeptical of a moisturizing set at first since I really oily roots, but both this set and the bumble and bumble hairdressers oil have been fantastic.  Theyre usually paired with the hairdressers primer or oil or the caviar cc cream.  They've completely changed my hair. 

Glad to hear it.  If that is the set they had for black friday I got a couple and have yet to try them out but figured they would be good for traveling.

Ha ha... They sure are from Black Friday, I still have two more sets as well!  I'm hoping I can get more this year and stockpile again!

image.jpg

Just a few empties in March

MAC Pro Makeup Remover 

Tarte Maracuja Oil 

Caudalie Instant Detox mask 

Cane + Austin Miracle Pad +

Sephora Blush Sweet on You 

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid 

YSL Black Opium

Stella McCartney Stella

Great empties!  I really wanted to love that Caudalie mask since I love everything Caudalie but for some reason I think I'm allergic to something in it because it makes my skin unpleasantly itchy in a way it's usually not with similar kinds of masks.

I love the YSL Black Opium (not quite enough to buy it), but it is very nice. What did you think of it?

I liked it but I only used it like 2x so I have to use a few more samples up before I can say I like it enough to buy it

Anonymous Insider

I love it too, bought a rollerball months ago. Or is it a spray? I never like a perfume enough to finish a big bottle, so those rollerballs are perfect.

I know what you mean about big bottles.  I just recently finished one and I've been working on it for YEARS and am kicking myself for buying another bottle.  Rollerballs are plenty.

I love it too. Just need to save up some money before I can buy it, perhaps for my birthday..

March empties. Not terribly impressive this month, concentrating more on using up some of my full sized products so I can finally move onto better ones in my stash.

Loves:

2016-04-09_Empties-Love.jpg

Spoiler
Skyn Iceland Hydrogel Eye Patches - These really depuff my eyes and are really cooling, which is super nice now that AZ is heating up for summer (already hit triple digits and it's only April >.< )
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum (sample bag) - OMG, my face looked brighter, more glowy and is more moisturizing than the OH Truth Serum! It does have an oilier feeling and a funky smell, but this is my new HG Vit C serum. Already purchased a full size for when my OH Truth Serum runs out.
UD All Nighter Setting Spray - Keeps my make-up in place longer and doesn't make my face any oilier.
UD Naked Skin in 3.0 - I really love this foundation during late fall/winter even though I am in between 3.0 and 3.5 (this foundation doesn't really cater to my neutral/hinting warm undertone). Sadly this breaks down and separates on my skin in unflattering ways during the spring and summer.
UD B6 Prep Spray - I thought this was a like/meh product originally, until I ran out. Once I stopped using this spray my foundation didn't go on as nice, I was more oily (though this is due to season change as well) and redness was a little harder to cover. I have no idea what magic is in this product to make me go meh when using it and then !!!! 😧 when I run out, but I'll continue to get this to get this since it actually does do something even though I can't tell that when using it.
Nexcare 3M hydrocolloid acne bandages - How did I not know of these until a week and a half ago?!?!?! They are expensive for how fast I go through them, but OMG they are a lifesaver to my skin! It prevents me from picking, helps popped pimples flatten and heal faster/nicer and helps a little bit with the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Like:

2016-04-09_Empties-Like.jpg

Spoiler
OH Night Invigorating Gel - I like it, but the DE T.L.C Night Serum knocks it out of the park.
Amika Dry Shampo - First one that didn't make my scalp itchy and absorbed oil! Though it left a noticeable white cast on my dark brown hair and I am not partial to the powder coated feeling all dry shampoos leave on my hair. If I liked dry shampoos in general, I would continue to get this one.
Satin Care Shave Gel - Was nice and did its intended job with a nice smell.
Belief Aqua Bomb - Moisturized my skin nicely, but tends to leave me a little oily and doesn't play well with oils layered over it. If it wasn't for those 2 things I would continue to get it.
PTR Camu Camu Vit C Serum - Felt similar to the DE C-Firma day serum, but didn't give me the same results.
Sephora Blush in Sweet On You - I really liked the color and the formula. If there weren't other brands that had similar colors and nicer formulas I would purchase this in the full size.
Tony Moly I'm Real Pore Care - First cotton sheet mask that I used and absorbed into my skin well! I didn't notice any amazing pore benefits, but my skin felt and looked nice after using it.
MUFE Face and Body in #20 Ivory - If it had a smidge better coverage for my nose redness and didn't smack me in the face with fragrance I would have gotten the full size during the spring sale. 😞
PC Resist 2% BHA liquid - So far I like it, but a little drying.
Origins Ginzing Eye Cream - This was the delux sample that never ended! I got this in Aug 2015 and just finally finished it. A nice cream that plays well under makeup, but didn't do much for my dark circles or puffiness.

Meh:

2016-04-09_Empties-Meh.jpg

Spoiler
DryBar Sake Bomb Shampoo and Conditioner - Nice, but I was expecting more for an expensive shampoo and conditioner.
MUFE HD R330 - A little to cool for my neutral/hinting warm skin. Also felt heavy later in the day and didn't do very well with my face oils.
Tree Hut Mango Sugar Scrub - Smells amazing and very scrubby, but did next to nothing for moisture. This would only kind of work for me in the dead of AZ summer.
Jose Maran Argan Oil - It was nice, but not high price point nice.
Marc Jacobs Noir Mascara - Black, full lashes are nice, until raccoon eyes happen. 😞
Skindiava Oil Control Primer spray and UD De-Slick Spray- broke me out and didn't control my oil one bit.
FAB Face Cleanser - Played well with my skin, but rather forgettable.
Miss Spa Damage Defense Hydrogel Mask - Didn't do much for my skin. So slippery that it didn't stay on my face and the serum felt heavy on my skin.

Hate:

2016-04-09_Empties-Hate.jpg

Spoiler
Laneige Waterbank Soothing Hydrogel Mask - People keep raving about the sleeping pack, so I thought I would try the mask first. OMFG, this is pure perfume! While my face has an ok fragrance tolerance, I don't get any other side effects from heavy fragrances and I habituate to the smell quickly. This is the first fragrance product to give me a headache and make me smell it for the entire 20 minutes. Ended up with breakouts the next day too, talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Only ok thing was that my face did feel hydrated after using this. 

Great empties!  Looks like you did a great job of using up full sized items as well as making it through some deluxe samples and foils.  What did you like about the Urban Decay B6?  I really wanted to like it and I swore I saw results when the girl in the store rubbed it into the back of my hand as a demo, but on my face, not as much.

I read good review after good review on the skyn iceland eye masks, but I do not notice much of a difference. Someone suggested sticking it in the fridge for a bit first, so I am going to try that.

I know.  I feel similarly to you notcreative about them, though I can see how putting them in the fridge would make them better.

@notcreative, sorry these aren't working out for you so far. 😞 I don't have a huge amount of eye puffiness, just enough to be noticeable and make me look even more tired with my dark circles. I also picked up the Tony Moly version of these to see if they'll be a nice, cheaper, replacement. 

Sticking them in the fridge is next on my list of things to do with them. I love that they depuff, but the cooling sensation is the biggest perk for me.

I keep getting so busy with work and forgetting to take photos!  ... but here are my March empties.  I was traveling for about half the month, so not as many this month, but I am so excited to have finished two full sized lip products (I never finish lip products!). 

Loves: 

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Meh: 

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Looks good to me.  I hear you on taking pictures.  I have all my empties from all of 2016 so far.  Really need to take pictures this weekend and throw them out but keep getting busy!

I adore that Dior balm!

testing