Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Maybe if I see one of their kits in Costco but for now won't buy it. 

My March Empties!

Would Definitely Repurchase:

20160406_100245.jpg

Spoiler
The Body Shop Moringa Soap: One of my favorite bar soaps, great scent
Glade Spruce and Sage: Good throw and lovely scent
Prada Luna Rossa: it may be meant for men but my husband and I loved it on me!
Dior J'Adore: one of my favorites
Parlor Detangling Leave-In Conditioner: fantastic scent and very effective; rivals my HG Beauty Protector
Parlor Conditioner: same great scent; would like to try more but I liked this sample
The Body Shop Body Butter in Virgin Mojito: Oh, if only they sold this in California. I'd also love this in a lotion instead of the thicker butter.
Guerlain Meteorites Pearl Base: a choix sample; I was more impressed than I expected to be and love that Guerlain scent but I need to use more primers I have before I shell out $$$ for this one!
FAB Ultra Repair Cream: Always and forever.
Philosophy White Peach: fun and sparkly though the scent wasn't as strong as I usually get from philosophy.
Dermaclear Micro Water: My favorite cleansing water; maybe even HG status
Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Farmstand Apple Soap: love these soaps and this scent was really fresh and pleasant
Ole Henriksen POWER peel: I liked the system. The first peel I've actually enjoyed, honestly. The almond scrub smells like cherry poptarts and that's super weird but I still liked it.
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque: Nice scent and consistency, one of my top but probably not my favorite
L'Occitane Amande Milk Concentrate: One of my top favorite lotions. Seriously can't get enough.
Sephora Rose Eye Mask: Nice moisture and light scent
Korres Wild Rose Exfoliating Cleanser: Great scrub and I really like the scent of this line
Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser: I was impressed by this one; smooth and creamy, not too drying, and again I just like the scent of this line
Commodity Rain: This one is light and lovely, with just enough lasting power
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner: While I will never buy the travel sizes again (suuuuuper leaky) I really liked these and would absolutely buy the full size.
The Body Shop Shower Gel in Wild Argan Oil: The scent is reminiscent of L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil which is amazing because it's sure less expensive!
Escada Turquoise Summer: Not a particularly long lasting scent, but absolutely lovely nonetheless - I already own a full size
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: So far, my favorite wipes. They may not be scented as well as others but they work better than most!

Neutral/Undecided:

20160406_094329.jpg

Spoiler
Glade (some kind of apple): old candle, but I like all of this line
Dior Addict It-Lash: this sample was clumpy and difficult but would try again
Giorgio Armani Si: reminded me of Lancome La Vie est Belle, which I have mixed feelings on anyway
Guerlain KissKiss Roselip in Chic Pink: a choix sample; extremely moisturizing but too sheer and I was really hoping for a rose scent
REN Instant Firming Beauty Shot: I'm really torn on this one and will keep trying the samples I have.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: whichever shade this was worked just well enough with my vacation tan but it isn't really a perfect match. I liked the formula though.
eau de Cartier Zeste de Soleil: I liked the scent and it was different but I'm not sure it lasts long enough to be worth it; I'd want to try another sample or two
HASK Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner: Would need to try more
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day: no matter how many times I try it, I can't decide if it's worth the money, which probably points to no?
AHAVA Time to Smooth Age Perfecting Hand Cream: good consistency and very light scent, but not my favorite
Korres Wild Rose Brightening Moisturizer: I don't love this or hate it. I'll obviously use it but it's not a favorite necessarily.
Disney Resorts H2O+ Shampoo & Conditioner in Grapefruit Bergamot: I don't mind these; I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them but I'll snag them if we stay at a resort again happily!
Earth Tempo Shampoo & Conditioner: These worked fine; better than some hotel shampoos and conditioners I've used recently

Nope:

20160406_093901.jpg

Spoiler
Glade Live Loud Rosehip & Plumeria: not enough throw
Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof: immediately clumpy and frustrating
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: hate the scent of this stuff but I want to keep using the samples that appear to come with everything...
FAB Facial Radiance Polish: great texture but despised the smell
Sephora + Pantone Universe Liquid Lash Silk Mascara Emerald: okay, so I've had this sitting off to the side with the normal mascaras I rotate, and I just kind of became blind to it until this St. Patrick's Day when I realized the last time I'd tried it was LAST St. Patrick's Day - so this isn't exactly an empty so much as a "good riddance I'm tossing you" but still. Obviously I wasn't impressed!
John Frieda Touchably Full Shampoo & Conditioner: Just wanted to use this up; I don't color treat my hair so I wouldn't buy a shampoo for color treated hair.
YSL Full Metal Shadow in 6 Pink Cascade: I got one sample of this in my first Choix box and couldn't even get enough out of the tube to test it. Choix was great and sent a couple of other testers so I could actually try it. First, it's a stretch to call it pink. Second, it dried out almost instantly and applied worse than most drugstore liquid shadows I've owned. Not impressed.
Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin: Not a good smell and the consistency was almost greasy.

Opinions in the spoilers.  I've been writing them all month instead of waiting until posting - so much easier!

I loved the Dior It-Lash sample!!

I also like the Si perfume but didn't like Lancome La Vie est Belle, so its interesting that to you they smell similar. They work different with everyone's body chemistry.

Great empties!

Great empties.  Looks like you used up some serious product.  And I like your idea of writing reviews all month because I have some serious empties under my sink right now and the thought of reviewing and photographing them has felt overwhelming so I haven't.

Great empties. I just purchased a different Macadamia mask that is my all time favorite, but I really like the one you finished, too.

Which Disney property did you stay at? 

Impressed with how many fragrance vials you finished. I am going to finish one some day. 

I am not impressed with the YSL Full Metal Shadows either. It was a hot mess on me. I was going to fairy princess and looked more like I did not wash my makeup off after a night at the club. Mine is full-size, but unsanitary to pass on. It will be another item in my never used makeup graveyard.

March was pretty successful for me. Especially in the makeup department. I'm exhausted from a crazy day at work and won't go into too much detail but if you have any questions on the products feel free to ask. There might be some snark. 

IMG_0620.JPG

Moar of this:

Deva Curl Styling Crème

Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum: HG for years. It’s a strong Vit C serum but doesn’t irritate my skin. I’m giving the DE C-Firma serum a try and it’s a good dupe for it.

Swisspers Cotton Rounds

Listerine UltraClean Mouthwash

Meh, I’ll give it another try if nothing better comes along:

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Cerave Hydrating Cleanser

Jan Marini Peptide Extreme Serum

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

Murad Oil Control Mattifier

Nailtiques Formula 2 Protein

Nooooooo, just no:

Dr. Denese HydroShield Eye Serum

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

Giovanni  Soft Hold Styling Gel

IMG_0623.JPG

Moar of this:

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black

Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion

Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Gel

Meh, I’ll give it another try if nothing better comes along:

Burberry Body

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Honey & Custard: a combo of the wrong colors for my skintone and improper technique. I didn’t understand the hype and a part of me still doesn’t. I did have much better luck with this once I used the Sephora Collection concealer brush.  I’m sick of this concealer atm but maybe down the road I’ll give it another try.

Nooooooo, just no:

Benefit Posie Cheek & Lip Stain

Benefit ChaCha Cheek & Stain

Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

Buxom Buxom Lash Mascara

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Fresh & Hydrating Cream Compact: Horrendous. I've got combo skin with average size pores in my t-zone. This looks beautiful the first 5 minutes and the color matched perfectly. After that it turned into an orange oxidized mess that made my pores look like craters. I couldn't wear it on my own and had to mix it with a matte foundation to use up.

Wet n Wild Icon Eyeshadows in Comfort Zone & Petal Pusher: These are good shadows but I think they just expired or something went off. I tried wearing them but my eyes did not agree. At $2.45, it'll be a toss.

Loooooook, I wiped it cleaaaaan:

IMG_0624.JPG

Great empties and impressed you have the strength to throw away things that aren't working.  I'm bad about hanging onto things even when I know I won't use them.

My son is impressed with that CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser to the point that he will not let me buy anything else, and our Target is always OOS. It does leave my skin softer, but I miss the clean feeling when I use it. I moisturize after each shower anyway, so I'd rather stick to cleansing soap.

I will try the SkinCeuticals some day.

Anonymous Insider

Loves- Have or will repurchase.

image.jpeg

Likes- Unlikey to repurchase but liked the products.

image.jpeg

What are your thoughts on Rose Jam and Ocean Salt?

Also, is that a sigma F80 brush you're tossing?!

my F80 died the same way a couple months ago...sweet dreams dear brushes!

I use Ocean Salt in the same way and I'm obsessed.  I haven't bought any in awhile because I've been trying to use other scrubs in my stash but the scent and feel are amazing!

HUGE March Empties!!!

Loves=will repurchase

Likes=might repurchase

So-So=won't repurchase, did the job, finished it up

Dislikes=didn't finish it

Overview

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hair

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

Spoiler
Loves
-Amika Dry Shampoo

-Biosilk Silk Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner
-Alterna Caviar CC Creme for hair
-Rita Hazen Shampoo and Conditioner
-Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing mask

So-So
-John Frieda Go Blonder
-Garnier Fructis Body Boost 

Skincare

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

Spoiler
Loves
-Body Shop Shea Body Butter
-Philosophy Purity Cleanser
-Origins VitaZing Moisturizer with Mangosteen
-Kate Somerville Exfolikate
-Ole Henrikson Invigorating Night Treatment with AHAs

-Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter
-Tony Moly Avocado Sheet Mask
-FAB Oatmeal Face Mask
-FAB Radiance Pads
-TanTowels
-Ole Henrikson Vitamin C Wipes
-Dove Go Fresh Bar Soap
-LaVanilla Coconut Vanilla Natural Deodorant

So-So
-Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Scrub
-EOS Shave Cream
-Fresh Soy Face Wash
-Philosophy Amazing Grace Lotion
-Ahava Hand Cream
-Algenist Makeup Oil Cleanser
-Skin Inc Hydrating Mask
-Lancome Lotion in Gel
-Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
-Secret pH Balanced Deodorant

Dislikes
-Lancome Genifique Serum

Makeup

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

Spoiler
Loves
-Givenchy Mister Mat Foundation Primer
-Bobbi Brown Under Eye Correcter in Light Peach and Bisque
-Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Vanilla
- Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation Primer
-Chanel Chance Perfume

-Charlotte Tilburry Magic Foundation in 4
-Marc Jacobs Omega Lash Mascara

So-So
-Josie Maran Oil Makeup Cleanser
-NARS All Day Luminous in Ceylan
-Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Face Primer
-Murad Invisiblur Primer
-Juicy Couture I Am Couture Perfume
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
-Bobbi Brown Serum Concealer in Sand
-Dolce and Gabana Passion Eyes Mascara
-Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Ivory

Dislikes
-Loreal True Match Foundation in W2
-Smashbox Brow Tech Gloss Stick in Brunette

Looks like you used up a bunch.  Congrats!  I also like how you organized them.

Great month of cleaning house. I had some of that shea butter from the Body Shop in my cart, but the sale ended. Love it. Want some more.

full size

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 6.21.29 PM.png

yassssss

middle child syndrome

bye felicia

deluxe samples

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 6.22.01 PM.png

yassssss

middle child syndrome

bye felicia

• elf nail polish in nude 
  • elf nail polish in butt it out

foil samples

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 6.22.18 PM.png

yasssss

middle child syndrome

bye felicia

Wow.  So many empties.  Impressed!

I've been looking forward to trying that Sephora Oil Infusion. Got to get on that.

i've bought 2 others! not a huge shade payoff obviously but a subtle tint! and hydrating! 

These were okay: IMG_1618.JPGLoves: 

Although I want to find cruelty free alternatives for the Sephora brush cleanser and the B&B (UGH SO HARD)IMG_1620.JPG

The only thing I hated this month was a sample of the Sephora 10 hour Foundation.

Great empties!

2 Replies
testing