Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great empties! What did you think of the Farmacy brightening mask and how is its texture/feel compared to other hydrogel masks? I've had my eye on those for a while now.

I received a 3-pack compliments of Farmacy a few months ago and really like them. I only have 1 mask left. They are absolutely soaked in product which is great. The only downside in my opinion is that the hole for your lips isn't big enough.

I haven't tried any other hydrogel masks so I can't compare.

Here are my empties from Feb! Slowly but surely getting through my foil stash.

Full Size:

2016-03-05_FS-Jan.JPG

Loves -

Spoiler
Listerine Total Care Zero (love that it doesn't burn)
Ulta cotton pads (stock up on these when the point multipliers come around)
Dr. Jart Water Fuse Water-Full Hydrogel Mask
TCFS Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper (the actual blotting papers are a like, but the packaging and application method are wonderful!) 
Sonicare toothbrush replacement head

Likes -

Spoiler
Belief Eucalyptus Toner
Dove Advanced Care in Cool Essential (love the scent, but didn't notice a difference between the Advanced Care and the Normal Dove deodorant to justify the price difference)
Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head

Delux Size and Foils:

2016-03-05_Foil-and-DS-Jan.JPG

Loves -

Spoiler
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Clinique Lids, Lips and Lashes Make-up Remover
Black Phoenix Trading Post Snake Oil Hair Gloss (R.I.P my dear decant, when I finish more of my bottles I will get the full size of you ;~; )

Likes -

Spoiler
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Balm
Skin Inc Peel Gel
PC Hydralight Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30

Meh -

Spoiler
Kloraine Tinted Dry Shampoo (didn't make my scalp itch, but by the end of the day I was full blown greasy again. The little bottle was only good for a couple of uses too. I just don't think I am a dry shampoo kind of girl)
LP Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
PTR Irish Moor Mud Mask (if I applied this to thickly my face burned and was red all the next day)
KS Eradikate
Fresh Age Delay Cream (felt heavy and greasy, but it was nice for those drier winter nights)
All other PC foils except for the Resist Mattifying fluid fluid, that was a hate.

I love that Clinique makeup remover. It's my all time favorite.

This is my favorite eye and lip make-up remover, I made sure to get the full size once this travel size ran out! Easy removal, no eye stinging and it doesn't taste terrible. 🙂

My first empties post! I had been collecting empties until I finished the UD foundation. It was a long time coming. I didn't keep any foils because all of mine were sticky and gross, and I was too lazy to rinse them off. 

rsz_img_2504.jpg

Loves

Spoiler
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Spray (will def purchase the full size and have already traded for one)
- UD All Nighter (will purchase a full size of this too. I love facial sprays).
- UD Vitamin B6 Spray (I want to buy a full size of this too, but how many sprays can you have?)
- FAB Radiance Pads (will repurchase after I try the N.i.p pads)
- Marcelle Hydra C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel (bought a full size. This is my fave moisturizer)
- OH Truth Serum
- UD Naked Skin Foundation (I really like this. The finish is great and gives the amount of coverage I like, but the color match isn't perfect and this was the lightest color. I had it for a really long time so I'm not ready to buy a new one.)

Spoiler
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
- Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Water
- Smashbox Primer Water (I liked it a lot, but there wasn't enough in the bottle to really make a decision. I have a bigger size bottle, but am waiting to start it until I finish the travel size MUFE spray)
- Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer
- Loccitane shower oil
- Sephora Micellar Water (really great at getting makeup off but is waaaaay to perfumed for my eyes to handle. Will not repurchase)
- UD primer potion (it was ok. It was too dry for my eyes or maybe I just got a bad one. Either way I don't want another one)

Absolutely not

Spoiler
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
- Dr. Brandt Needles No More
- Philosophy Time in a Bottle serum
- Coola makeup setting spray

Have you tried the N.i.p & Fab pads?

Any thoughts on them?

Wow! I am so impressed that you've used up your UD foundation. I use mine like every other day and I'm not even 1/4 way done yet. 

Looks like you loved a lot of things this month 🙂

Don't be too impressed, it's a little over a year old haha. 

Sticky empties are why I keep mine in a cheap Sephora tote bag (one of the holiday ones that's almost paper but not quite). Then I don't have to worry about product residue because they're only touching each other and a bag I can throw out if it ever gets gross.

I keep mine in one of the tall Sephora bags. It's the perfect size and like you said, can easily be replaced if it gets too gross from the products.

image.jpeg

Loves (will eventually repurchase/already have):

Ole 3 step skincare

NUDE rescue oil

Sephora Waterproof makeup remover

FAB facial cream

I liked the rest but probably won't purchase anytime soon. 

I would love to share my empties, but like I have mentioned previously, I can't hold onto empties.  I have to get rid of the empty products right away.

I keep all of my empties in a Sephora bag on one of the shelves in our spare bedroom. When I finish something, it goes in that bag. It's out of the way and it doesn't look cluttered - it's just a bag!

I use to be the same. I keep mine in a gold box, the one from Sephora favorites beauty unmasked kit. 

Yep yep!! I can't either - it's like why are you holding onto "trash" that should've gone into the bin already?

I like to see what others used up and I would love to show my products.

It is a good way to see what others use and I actually get some ideas for things to try out. I'm just not able to hold onto numerous empty containers. 

IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

Love

Spoiler

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Rice : So far so good, this is the most effective mask that I used for brightening my face and it also helps tremendously for dark circles. The effect also lasts quite a few days.  The Face Shop masks are on the bigger side, but they stay in place much better than other brands I’ve tried. * Already have tons of backups, will keep on repurchasing in the future

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Green Tea : Really felt great on my skin after a short night. I also really enjoyed the fact that it does help to control sebum production very well and didn’t dry out my skin. * Already repurchased a few backups

The Face Shop Real Nature Face Mask Aloe : Used that mask after burning my face with a Lush fresh mask (see Nope category). It calmed my skin instantly and also helped with the redness. It felt very soothing. I would use again when my skin feels irritated or to cool down in the summer. * Already repurchased some backups

Drybar Sake Bomb Nourishing Shampoo (Sample) : Used this after going to the pool and I must say that it removed chlorine easily. It was easy to wash off and left my hair fluffy and more beautiful than it had been since a while. I also really liked the scent and it was very long lasting . * Will purchase once I go through my stash of shampoos

Drybar Sake Bomb Hydrating Conditioner (Sample) : Left my hair super soft and hydrated after going to the pool. It also helped a lot with tangles. It smells just as great as the shampoo. * Will repurchase later

Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path Triple Moisture Body Cream : I used that scent before going to bed as it is very relaxing. It absorbed quickly into my skin and wasn’t sticky, unlike B&BW lotions. My skin felt moisturized afterwards, but then again I do not have very dry skin generally. * I will repurchase this, but first I have to use up my other lotions and body creams.

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Make-Up Removing Micelle Solution : Didn’t sting my eyes and did a very good job at removing foundation and concealer as well. I also enjoyed that it didn’t leave a residue like some makeup removers do. A 500 ml bottle also last a long time, which is useful for an everyday product like this one. * Won’t be repurchasing since the Garnier micellar water works just as well for me and finally arrived at my local drugstores. The price difference is also huge between the two.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown : This is a perfect color match for my dark brown brows. The product stay put all day and doesn’t move at all. It is however very easy to remove. The only thing I dislike about the Brow Wiz is that the package seems to easily break. The first Brow Wiz I bought was already  broken when I got home and I was unable to twist the product it out. I hope ABH will work on that aspect. * Already repurchased

Innisfree Natural Essential Mask : This sheet mask makes my skin looks so much healthier instantly after removing it. It also left it feeling well moisturized and the effect was long lasting. It was comfortable to wear, although the nose section was way too long for my nose, but I simply cut it. Pleasant smell. * Sadly this is discontinued, but I still have one more left. I’m willing to try more Innisfree sheet masks.

Spoiler

Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask : This is a really great mask to get clear skin and to slow down oil production for a few days. It is non-greasy and doesn’t leave your face dry after using. However, this is very heavy and I also found it difficult to apply and remove. Not a fan of the very strong smell either. * Will repurchase when I need it again it in the future

Quo Luxury Oval Cotton Facial Pads : These cottons didn’t leave any fuzzy lint on my face and didn’t waste too much product either. Not as soft as the Shiseido cotton pads, but this is only a superficial detail. These cotton pads are also huge, so cutting them in two is perfectly fine and very cost effective. * Will buy again when it gets on sale.

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer : The applicator was very bad and frustrating. However, the product inside was very great. It didn’t crease and dry my undereyes area. Also worked well even without primer. I do wish there was more product in the applicator, since it was on the pricey side. *Won’t be rebuying this exact one since that was recently discontinued I believe but I will try the new Ultra HD version

The Face Shop Mild Papaya Peeling (Sample) : A single-use sample wasn’t enough to determine if this falls in the love or like category, but I can say that it did make my skin softer. It is very mild, so this is best suited for someone with normal or sensitive skin. Fun application and easy to rinse off.  Didn’t help with bumps, as expected. My skin looked brighter after using it. * I will probably buy it for days when my skin isn’t problematic

Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Gentle Foaming Hand Soap : Twisted Peppermint is a constant repurchase for me when it comes out at Bath & Body Works. The foaming hand soaps last a long time and are easier to completely use up than the deep cleansing version. However, I feel like this smell wasn’t very long lasting on the hand, compared to previous years. * Will repurchase this scent again

Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Fluoride Toothpaste : After only one week of using that toothpaste, I saw noticeable results. I was very pleased with it as it also doesn’t have too much of a strong taste and that it is very often on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart, which is a great bonus. However, there are microbeads in this toothpaste. * Will not rebuy because of the microbeads. Have a few other Crest toothpaste tubes to use and then I’ll try other options

Meh

Spoiler

Etude House I Need You Lemon Sheet Mask (Old packaging) x 2 : The brightening effect of that sheet mask wasn’t spectacular at all and didn’t last very long either. The mask didn’t fit my eye area at all and did sting my eyes at times. * Have a few backups to finish and then I won’t repurchase it

Dr. Jart+ Brightening Infusion Hydrogel Mask : Nothing special about this sheet mask, it barely brightened my skin and did nothing for my dark circles. Not worth the price tag. Also, the fit of the mask was not too great for the bottom part. A bit difficult to get out the package. * Will not repurchase as I got way better results with cheaper masks

Ericson Laboratoire Derma-Calm Gentle Soothing Lotion : Bought this a while ago at my previous beautician when I was in an urgent need of an alcohol-free toner. Should of known better, it didn’t help to prevent breakouts. Was soothing but nothing special. Overpriced product in my opinion. * Will not repurchase

Nope

Spoiler

Lush Cranberry Festive Face Mask : Burned my entire face and had a very strong smell. Had to use an aloe sheet mask to calm my skin and help with the redness it caused. I also had to throw the mask away. * Won’t be repurchasing

All those masks! Love it.  I think it would break my heart to have to throw away a Lush mask; I'm so bummed for you that it was such a bad reaction!

Yes, it was actually sad to throw it away 😞 I never had any problems with Lush products until now so that was kind of unexpected. I will just keep on repurchasing those that work for me ! 😄 

February Empties! The quest to use up All The Foils continues, pretty well.

Loves - have or would repurchase:

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

Spoiler
BlowPro Dry Shampoo
Living Proof Prime Style Extender
FAB Cleanser
Briogeo Rosarco Leave-in conditioner
philosophy shower gel in Almond Candy
philosophy body glaze (?) in Almond Candy - FAV scent
philosophy hand creams in Raspberries & Cream, Fresh Cream
Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
l'Occitane Amande Shower Oil
Strivectin SD Anti-Wrinkle and Stretch Mark cream
Glamglow Flashmud
Origins Clay mask
Caudalie lip balm
philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Day (spf 30)
Murad Resurgence Age-Balancing Moisturizer spf 30
Clinique High-Impact mascara
Jack Black lip balm
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate
Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme night cream

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Spoiler
Tony Moly Makgoeli sheet mask
YSL Touche Eclat in No 1 and No 2
FAB Facial Radiance pads
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Glamglow Thirstymud
Strivectin High-Potency Wrinkle Filler
SK-II sheet mask
Korres Greek Yoghurt sunscreen
Agave Healing Oil hair oil
Algenist face oil
PTR cleanser
NUDE ProGenius Rescue Oil
Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter eye cream
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Rice Enzyme powder

Ok but nothing special:

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

Spoiler
Love shampoo
philosophy shower gel in Raspberry
Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum
OH Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil
belif Hungarian Water Essence
Eos lip balm
fresh sugar lip scrub
Givenchy 4-1 mascara (the torture ball)
Too Faced BTS mascara
OH Lemon Flash Peel
Dr Jart Ceramidin cream
Shiseido Ultimate Power Eye Concentrate
Natural Organics Argan Face "Serum" (aka oil blend)
MAC Prep + Prime
Bobbi Brown Smokey mascara

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

Spoiler
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation
Kate Somerville Age Arrest anti-wrinkle serum
Algenist Power Anti-Wrinkle Fighter
Algenist Multi-Perfecting Detoxifying Exfoliator
Karuna Hydrating Face Mask (sheet)
May Coop Raw Sauce
Hado Labo sheet mask
Charlotte Tillbury Magic Eye Rescue
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Body Butter
Josie Maran Argan Milk
OH Power Peel trio: Almond scrub, Lemon Flash Peel, Chamomile soothing mask
Living Proof Restore hair mask
Juice Organics Repairing shampoo & conditioner
Missha Ampoule (forgot which)
Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cleanser
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
Smashbox original primer
Ahava Purifying Mud Mask
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Nope:

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

Spoiler
Leaders 7 Wonders Olive Brightening sheet mask (Ulta)
Leaders What Happened Last Night? sheet mask (Ulta) - both of these fit my face very poorly
Benefit Air Patrol - hate the texture
Dr Brandt DNA wrinkle cream - used it on my neck, gave me a rash 😞
Goodal Waterest Essence - too much alcohol, not hydrating enough
Bobbi Brown Foundation stick - 😞 on texture
NARS Audacious mascara - hate the applicator and it flakes
MAC Zoom Lash - very wet formula, clumped immediately
Smashbox Pore Minimizing primer - texture blech
OH Truth Creme Advanced Hydration - not totally fair to put this here, but the foil had separated, sooo I didn't use it lol
bliss fabulous foaming face wash - too foamy and stripping
Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer - not hydrating enough, also no spf is -points
Ulta Sweet Fantasy body lotion - used it on my hands, rash happened
testing