Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Super impressed by your candle empties!  I want mine to look like that!

February empties. I'm really trying to use my perfume samples since I have a ton. 

image.jpg

What did you think of the Nars mascara?

At first I really liked it and received a bunch of them.thinking it would be my HG mascara. I still like it but I still prefer my Too Faced Better Than Sex and Josie Maran Argan Oil because it really thickens my lashes better than any other mascara I tried,

Maybe I'll end up loving it, I've tried the other too and hatted BTS and JM Argan Oil is alright.

image.jpeg

Loves: 

Lush "Eau so Roma" toner. Have repurchased many times. 

Neutral:.

Clinique "Anti Gravity" eye cream. Good cream but I would rather use something from a pump. 

Clinique "Mild Clarifying Lotion 3".

Will not repurchase:

Beauty Blender Reactivator. I can get the same results with water. 

I am in love with the Lush Eau So Roma toner too!! Have you tried the Full of Grace serum from Lush? That with the toner has been so awesome for my skin! 

I have not tried Full of Grace, actually. I have a hard time imaging a solid serum would be sanitary? That is my own personal opinion. Have you had any issues with it?

I haven't had any issues with it. I wash my hands before I use it and I imagine it's the same as putting your fingers in a jar of moisturizer. Except there is no jar! lol I keep it in my bathroom cabinet in one of the metal Lush containers. I was a little hesitant at first as well, but it has some of the same ingredients as the Eau So Roma toner and my skin loves that so I took a chance. I suffer from redness due to rosacea and it has really helped my skin be calm and feels great going on.

Anonymous Insider

2 of my daughters who suffer from acne started using the Full of Grace face serum bar and they both love it! It makes their skin soft and keeps it moisturized without being too oily or exacerbating any breakouts. They love the scent as well. I bought one for myself as well and keep it in a small plastic container with a lid but I have so many moisturizers I use I forget about it so I haven't used it too much but did like it the times I tried it.

Awesome! Thanks for much for your informative reply 🙂

You are so welcome! If you end up trying it, let me know what you think! You can always send me a PM. 🙂

Hope you're feeling better, njattana.

Quite an impressive stash of empties you have there!

How did you like those I'm Real masks?

I just throw empties out when I'm on vacation. I'm staying in hotels/friends' homes, not camping—if I pack it in, I don't need to pack it out. It's not worth it for me to bring a few empty foils back with me.

For one, you have to hide them from the maid. When we stayed at the Polynesian Hotel at WDW in December 2014, she found my stash and tossed it. 

I do not travel back home with it if it was a long trip and I have a lot, so I photograph it at the very end of the trip (and share at least 2 photos at the end). I photographed what she did not get, because I hid it better after she got the first round.

If it is a short trip, I travel back home with it in a plastic bag.

Ive always loved checking out what everyone else uses up and decided to try collecting empties to motivate myself to use items I already have instead of buying more all the time.  I dream of being someone who only has one of an item going at a time that she loves, alas I love new things!  I thought I had hardly used anything in January so kept going into February, so this is two months worth of empties. 

Will or have re purchased

image.jpeg

Good but not amazing, I will re buy the philosophy and shampoo/conditioner but in different scents I'm sure

image.jpeg

Not for meimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are those OH and JM oils from the 2014 holiday mini oil kit? I ask because I am slowly using mine up as well. I think I bought the kit in early 2015 on sale, didn't touch them at all for a year, and have just recently opened the kit. In other news, I am very dumb and shouldn't be trusted with money.

The OH is from a different kit, but the JM as well as the Clairins and L'Ocitanne are from that kit.  I'm always a sucker for the Sephora kits but they tend to sit around before I get to using everything.  I still have two of the OH oils that I haven't touched from other value sets!  

Loves: Josie maran Argan lotion, ole henriksen truth serum, Marc Jacobs highliner in brown out, nude skincare oil, paulas choice hylauranic acid booster, lancome definicilis and mascara primer, algenist overnight restorative cream. Meh: urban decay b6 spray, MUFE hydrating primer, philosophy miracle worker cream. Fresh soy eye makeup remover, skyn Iceland makeup remover wipesimage.jpeg

What did you think of the OH Powerpeel? I have gone through 2 of them now and I really love them!

I used up so many things in February that not everything would fit in one photo. Many loves this month and lots of empties overall so I would say February was a success 🙂 Let me know if you want details on anything.

Loved:

February 2016 Empties_Loved.jpg

Meh:

February 2016 Empties_Meh.jpg

Hated:

February 2016 Empties_Hated.jpg

testing