Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Ive always loved checking out what everyone else uses up and decided to try collecting empties to motivate myself to use items I already have instead of buying more all the time.  I dream of being someone who only has one of an item going at a time that she loves, alas I love new things!  I thought I had hardly used anything in January so kept going into February, so this is two months worth of empties. 

Will or have re purchased

image.jpeg

Good but not amazing, I will re buy the philosophy and shampoo/conditioner but in different scents I'm sure

image.jpeg

Not for meimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are those OH and JM oils from the 2014 holiday mini oil kit? I ask because I am slowly using mine up as well. I think I bought the kit in early 2015 on sale, didn't touch them at all for a year, and have just recently opened the kit. In other news, I am very dumb and shouldn't be trusted with money.

The OH is from a different kit, but the JM as well as the Clairins and L'Ocitanne are from that kit.  I'm always a sucker for the Sephora kits but they tend to sit around before I get to using everything.  I still have two of the OH oils that I haven't touched from other value sets!  

Loves: Josie maran Argan lotion, ole henriksen truth serum, Marc Jacobs highliner in brown out, nude skincare oil, paulas choice hylauranic acid booster, lancome definicilis and mascara primer, algenist overnight restorative cream. Meh: urban decay b6 spray, MUFE hydrating primer, philosophy miracle worker cream. Fresh soy eye makeup remover, skyn Iceland makeup remover wipesimage.jpeg

What did you think of the OH Powerpeel? I have gone through 2 of them now and I really love them!

I used up so many things in February that not everything would fit in one photo. Many loves this month and lots of empties overall so I would say February was a success 🙂 Let me know if you want details on anything.

Loved:

February 2016 Empties_Loved.jpg

Meh:

February 2016 Empties_Meh.jpg

Hated:

February 2016 Empties_Hated.jpg

Great empties! What did you think of the Farmacy brightening mask and how is its texture/feel compared to other hydrogel masks? I've had my eye on those for a while now.

I received a 3-pack compliments of Farmacy a few months ago and really like them. I only have 1 mask left. They are absolutely soaked in product which is great. The only downside in my opinion is that the hole for your lips isn't big enough.

I haven't tried any other hydrogel masks so I can't compare.

Here are my empties from Feb! Slowly but surely getting through my foil stash.

Full Size:

2016-03-05_FS-Jan.JPG

Loves -

Spoiler
Listerine Total Care Zero (love that it doesn't burn)
Ulta cotton pads (stock up on these when the point multipliers come around)
Dr. Jart Water Fuse Water-Full Hydrogel Mask
TCFS Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper (the actual blotting papers are a like, but the packaging and application method are wonderful!) 
Sonicare toothbrush replacement head

Likes -

Spoiler
Belief Eucalyptus Toner
Dove Advanced Care in Cool Essential (love the scent, but didn't notice a difference between the Advanced Care and the Normal Dove deodorant to justify the price difference)
Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head

Delux Size and Foils:

2016-03-05_Foil-and-DS-Jan.JPG

Loves -

Spoiler
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Clinique Lids, Lips and Lashes Make-up Remover
Black Phoenix Trading Post Snake Oil Hair Gloss (R.I.P my dear decant, when I finish more of my bottles I will get the full size of you ;~; )

Likes -

Spoiler
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Balm
Skin Inc Peel Gel
PC Hydralight Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30

Meh -

Spoiler
Kloraine Tinted Dry Shampoo (didn't make my scalp itch, but by the end of the day I was full blown greasy again. The little bottle was only good for a couple of uses too. I just don't think I am a dry shampoo kind of girl)
LP Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
PTR Irish Moor Mud Mask (if I applied this to thickly my face burned and was red all the next day)
KS Eradikate
Fresh Age Delay Cream (felt heavy and greasy, but it was nice for those drier winter nights)
All other PC foils except for the Resist Mattifying fluid fluid, that was a hate.

I love that Clinique makeup remover. It's my all time favorite.

This is my favorite eye and lip make-up remover, I made sure to get the full size once this travel size ran out! Easy removal, no eye stinging and it doesn't taste terrible. 🙂

My first empties post! I had been collecting empties until I finished the UD foundation. It was a long time coming. I didn't keep any foils because all of mine were sticky and gross, and I was too lazy to rinse them off. 

rsz_img_2504.jpg

Loves

Spoiler
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Spray (will def purchase the full size and have already traded for one)
- UD All Nighter (will purchase a full size of this too. I love facial sprays).
- UD Vitamin B6 Spray (I want to buy a full size of this too, but how many sprays can you have?)
- FAB Radiance Pads (will repurchase after I try the N.i.p pads)
- Marcelle Hydra C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel (bought a full size. This is my fave moisturizer)
- OH Truth Serum
- UD Naked Skin Foundation (I really like this. The finish is great and gives the amount of coverage I like, but the color match isn't perfect and this was the lightest color. I had it for a really long time so I'm not ready to buy a new one.)

Spoiler
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
- Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Water
- Smashbox Primer Water (I liked it a lot, but there wasn't enough in the bottle to really make a decision. I have a bigger size bottle, but am waiting to start it until I finish the travel size MUFE spray)
- Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer
- Loccitane shower oil
- Sephora Micellar Water (really great at getting makeup off but is waaaaay to perfumed for my eyes to handle. Will not repurchase)
- UD primer potion (it was ok. It was too dry for my eyes or maybe I just got a bad one. Either way I don't want another one)

Absolutely not

Spoiler
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
- Dr. Brandt Needles No More
- Philosophy Time in a Bottle serum
- Coola makeup setting spray

Have you tried the N.i.p & Fab pads?

Any thoughts on them?

Wow! I am so impressed that you've used up your UD foundation. I use mine like every other day and I'm not even 1/4 way done yet. 

Looks like you loved a lot of things this month 🙂

Don't be too impressed, it's a little over a year old haha. 

Sticky empties are why I keep mine in a cheap Sephora tote bag (one of the holiday ones that's almost paper but not quite). Then I don't have to worry about product residue because they're only touching each other and a bag I can throw out if it ever gets gross.

I keep mine in one of the tall Sephora bags. It's the perfect size and like you said, can easily be replaced if it gets too gross from the products.

image.jpeg

Loves (will eventually repurchase/already have):

Ole 3 step skincare

NUDE rescue oil

Sephora Waterproof makeup remover

FAB facial cream

I liked the rest but probably won't purchase anytime soon. 

I would love to share my empties, but like I have mentioned previously, I can't hold onto empties.  I have to get rid of the empty products right away.

I keep all of my empties in a Sephora bag on one of the shelves in our spare bedroom. When I finish something, it goes in that bag. It's out of the way and it doesn't look cluttered - it's just a bag!

I use to be the same. I keep mine in a gold box, the one from Sephora favorites beauty unmasked kit. 

testing