Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Wow.  Props to you!  You used a lot.  I don't really care for the B&B Surf Foam Wash.  I like their surf spray but that combo does nothing for me.  I think I just need something more hydrating for my curls.

I have a couple deluxe surf sprays I need to try.  What's your best method for getting results?

As for the foam wash, I liked it because I don't necessarily mind if the shampoo is as hydrating as long as the conditioner works well. I was personally really disappointed in the conditioner.  I needed two packets at a time in my long hair and I still felt like it wasn't doing what it needed to do. Too expensive for that nonsense!

I am having a hard time deciding what I think of that Macadamia Spray, too. I love everything else from the line, but I do not see much of a difference whether I use that or not. It is almost gone, and I am not sure.

I am undecided on the whole Macadamia line.  I have a container of their oil that I should just toss out because it's been in my cabinet something like 4-5 years.

Have you tired the Nourishing Moisture Masque? It is the best hair mask I've ever used. 

Given the size of the bottle I'd expect to know pretty definitively whether I liked it or not, but I'm still genuinely not sure!  It doesn't help that I have sprays I love.

IMG_1465.JPG

Here lies my face trash for the month. 

My only LOVES/repurchases:

Jack Black lip balm

MAC oil cleanser

Origins Drink(Up, It In...what is it called?) overnight mask

Hated the Lady Gaga MAC lipstick and my daughter finally trashed it so I can throw it away sans the guilt. Also hated the Korres guava lipstick, the Benefit Theyre Real remover and the UD Face Spray. The rest was like whatever.

Great empties.  I love that you made it through so many foils.

I so agree on the Origins over night mask. It is perfectly thick without being too thick. 

I agree, back to Mac the lipstick for something you'll love. 

Back to MAC the hated lipstick!

I love that Origins overnight mask as well.

IMG_8048.jpg

I was going to apologize for the grainy quality of the photo, but then I was like, "Oh, sorry the photograph of my garbage didn't turn out well." You get the idea.

LOVES: Alterna Caviar Repair shampoo & conditioner; Nars Velvet Matte skin tint (thanks for all the samples, Sephora & Nars!).

HATES: No real hates, just products I wouldn't bother buying again—Farmacy masks and Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

A WARNING NOT TO HORDE YOUR SAMPLES: With news that Nude is leaving Sephora, I decided to pull out my Advanced Renewal serum to see if I liked it and if I should try tracking down a bottle while I still could. Well, despite never having been opened, the serum had hardened in the bottle. RIP Nude, I never knew ya.

Everything else pictured are either everyday staples (like, I don't really have a strong opinion on the store-brand cotton squares), products I've used and loved before (Tony Moly masks), or samples that seem OK, but who can tell after two uses (all the eye creams and face washes).

You used up a lot of masks - impressive! I need to make a big dent in my stash...I own way too many. 

Yeah I need to get better at using my samples in a more timely fashion.  I have found some that were expired.  I love Caudalie but I don't like the elixir.  To me it's like spraying perfume straight to the face.  So much scent.

You must have the softest face. I think you pampered it last month, too. That Nars Velvet matte skin tint is something I would not mind sampling (once I use up some things). You seem lighter than I am, but which shade were you a match to?

I wore a bunch of those masks trying to be very kind to my face as I'd mistreated it a lot earlier—and it showed in the worst ways. Also, the Nars skin tint clung to any dry patches, so I had to try and be extra moisturized.

I wore Finland (the second-lightest shade). It has yellow undertones. I also thought Terre Neuve (the lightest) matched my face pretty well, but it was lacking the yellow for a perfect match.

Ah. Just like my Fusion Ink. I have not worn it at all this winter, because my dry patches returned. They went away and stayed gone through most of fall. Since the end of fall, they keep disappearing and reappearing. 

All those pretty Tony Moly masks!  Do you have a favorite?

Aloe vera is my true love; everything else ties for second.

hahaha even your posts about garbage make me laugh ❤️

Shameful trashy photo! 

testing