Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I didn't like that Jergen's one either but you really should try the Nivea In Shower Lotion.  It's so much better!

image.jpeg

Yes

Obagi Nu-Derm Blender: Used on my back and chest to finally get rid of all my sun damage. If I every need it again I would repurchase.
MUAC 65% Lactic Peel: Again used on my back and chest. Gentle yet effective.
MUAC 15% Salicylic Acid: Used on upper arms for my KP every two weeks. 
Elizabeth & James White Deluxe Perfume: Already have a large bottle.

Shiseido Face Cotton: Took a while for me try these but I'm glad I did. They really are worth the hype. Super soft yet they don't fall apart. 

Maybe
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: I think I got a dud. This was really dry and flaky. I was really excited to try it since it sounded like it would be a favorite. Willing to try it again. 

Nope

The Face Shop Rice Oil Cleanser: This wasn't effective when it came to removing makeup/sunscreen. I double cleanse and this left so much product still on. I had to use so many pumps to try to get a decent clean.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #52: This is offers decent coverage but doesn't last long on my combination skin.
Clinique Doubling Lash Mascara: Clumps my lashes together and makes it look like I only have a couple.
RT Deluxe Crease, Base Shadow, and Shading brushes: These are so old and scratchy. I've got other brushes I use more than these.

Love your empties and that mirror in the background is very pretty.

I would love to read more details on Obagi. I've heard about it, but I've never seen a full review.

UD perversion is one of the wettest mascaras I know of, and I'm kind of a mascara junkie. It is one of my all time favorites, as I like the wetter formulas and a big brush. So, I agree it sounds like you may indeed have gotten a dud.

Also, yes I love the shiseido cotton so much. I could never go back to regular cotton rounds, and the shiseido  aren't much more expensive, only a few dollars more.

Yes.  UD Perversion is really wet.  I've been noticing that it seemed really different than other mascaras I've used but couldn't quite articulate it.  Perfect description.

Goodbye old brushes, it's been great!  

I seem to be the only one who doesn't like those shiseido cottons.  I bought two packs when I decided to try them.  Yeah they were soft and especialky nice after doing peels, but they were irritating to seperate from one another.  I had to force myself to use them up and then went back to my faithful drugstore ones.  

hah, I don't think you are the only who doesn't like the shiseido cotton, but I never understand, I think they are so great, lol. 😜!

I feel the same as you, sister13.  I've been using the Shiseido cotton for a while now and I love them.

IMG_20160228_183437.jpg

Love

Spoiler
Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil (Sweet Citrus)
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
Shray Ms. Amazing Face Mask
Jor'el Parker - Femina (eau de parfum)
Josie Maran Argan Oil Light
PTR Sulfur Mask
fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Spoiler
Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum
Giorgio Armani - Armani Code (eau de parfum)
belif True Cream - Moisturizing bomb
bayberry naturals - rosehip & hibisucs moisturizer
MUFE Microfinish Setting Powder
Starlooks lipgloss in Cuddle
LaVanilla - pure vanilla 

Meh

Spoiler
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
Harvey Prine - Ageless (eau de parfum)
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Day Tint
Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil
Clarins UV Plus SPF 50 Sunscreen
Lulu Blossom Raspberry Lemonade Lip Balm

Nope

Spoiler
Harvey Prince Sea Salt Hair Mist

I love the Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover too! It's definitely my go to and I buy it 2 at a time haha. 

Me too!  It works sooooo well!  Their eye makeup remover pads are equally as awesome for travelling:) 

Loves

100_5534.JPG

Likes100_5532.JPG

Did not like100_5535.JPG

I am assuming the Lancome in the white bottle is a toner, but it does not look familiar. What is it called?

I can't remember the name and I threw out the bottle but it was a make up remover not a toner.

I think I got it in the selfridges advent calendar so it might not be available in North America.

I've never heard of the brand Herborist before. Looks like it wouldn't be worth looking into anyway lol. 

I got the discover kit for $25,none of the products wowed me but the white mask wasn't to bad,I hated the black one though and they aren't sold separately.

January & February empties 🙂 

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

• LOVES: 
  • Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber body lotion 
  • Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo
  • Bumble & Bumble Thickening Conditioner
  • Close up /Generic" - Mouthwash, cinnamon
  • Glamglow pod for eyes

• Lancome - La Vie Est Belle Eau De Parfu
  • Lavanilla - The Healthy Deoderant Pure Vanilla
  • ole Henriksen: The Clean Truth Brighing face wipes
  • Nevea - in shower body lotion for very dry skin
  • Philosophy - live Joyously Shampoo Bath/shower gel
  • Tree Hut - Shea Sugar Body Scrub
  • Thierry Mugler Alien - Eau De Parfum
  •  Yves Saint Laurent - Black Opium Eau De Parfum 

OK/MEH:

• Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer
  • Benefit - Total Moisture facial cream
  • Chloe Eau De Parfum 
  • Formula x step one erase cuticle cream
  •  Giorgio Armani - SI

• Gucci Bamboo Eau De Parfum 

• Maison Martin Margiela -REPLICA: lazy Sunday morning Eau De Toilette 

• Nutrogena - foot cream
  • Sephora Collection Colorful Blush N05 Sweet on you!
  • Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb Parfum

Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb Shower gel

Nope, not for me:

• Drybar - Triple Sec

I've wanted to try that Tree Hut Body Scrub for a while. I may finally give it a go (next time I need to buy scrub).

Love those OH wipes.

Do you use a moisturizer with the Nivea or does it work well enough for you to use it alone?

the tea tree hut body scub is a good option for an allover exfoliator for a reasonable price and it lasts for a decent amount of time. 

Love the OH wipes good in a pinch as a lazy girl hack if you wake up late and need to run use it and slap on some moisturizer and spray facial SPF over it and good to go.  & it smells lovely!  🙂 

As for Nivea I am poor at moisturizing so i wouldn't be the best person to ask this question, also it might depend on how hydrated your skin is and what season of the year it might be, etc however I can supply some pros and cons.  the pros are this is a really great lazy girl hack that I love and  I don't have to slather on a bunch of lotion on awkwardly outside the shower. the only con is it it makes the bottom of the shower gunky and slightly slimy creating a slip factor if you are not careful. I think that the pros outweigh the cons though. as I probably wouldn't moisturize as much if I didn't use this stuff. 

Ack, I have the drybar triple sec in my lineup!  What was it's shortcoming?  

testing