Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I gave it a harsh rating based on the fact that I have really oily roots and thin hair and it made my roots and thin hair's overall appearance worse instead of fluffing up the strands all over and getting rid of the oil at my roots both lay flat on the top of my head. the drybar dry shampoo is good so I expected the triple sec to be as well .but for me not so much. 😞 i really wanted to like it. 

Okay, thank you.  I think there may still be hope for it then as my hair is thick and dry.  

I love triple sec!  Not quite AS effective as Detox, but I think of it as a great 2nd, 3rd day dry shampoo, whereas Detox is my (don't judge) 4th day and beyond choice.  Curious too what you didn't like.

please see my response directly above in reply to heartsmyface. 🙂 

February 2016 Empties

IMG_2775.JPG

Spoiler
Loves
- PHD Shampoo, Conditioner, and Styling Treatment
- Bite Lip Wipes
- Nivea In Shower Body Lotion original formula
- Diptyque Sapin, Baies, and Geranium Rosa candles
- Secret Powder Fresh Invisible Solid
- Nars Audacious Mascara
- Tony Moly Honey Lip Balm
- My  Beauty Diary Aloe Vera Mask
- Cover FX Drops
- LM Body Souffle
- Benefit They're Real Remover
- Ulta Dual Tipped Applicators
- LM Protect Foundation Primer
- Zoya Anchor basecoat and Armor topcoat

- Nude Detox Gentle Fizzy Wash
- MB Cermadie Eye Cream
- Ulta body scrub (honestly only bought it because I needed a scrub and it was on clearance)

Dislikes
- Drybar Sake Bomb Shampoo
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara
- MUFE Step 1 Primer
- Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
- MB Orange Cleansing Soap

I love that you clean out your candles. What do you plan to use them for?

Omg so sorry I didn't see this before!  Well, I used the GWP size ones to put my eye brushes in and the bigger one I used for cotton buds.

So many pretty empties. I love the cloth you're displaying them on.

Thanks NC 🙂

Is that sapin candle jar big enough to hold a beauty blender?  It's just too pretty to think of tossing! 

Yes it is!  I know. I actually don't ever toss any of these empty Diptyque holders.  I always end up storing little things in them.

Do you just put them in freezer so you can pop the leftover wax out of the bottom? 

No.  I get some pliers out to remove the metal part holding the wick and then I just wash them like I wash dishes.  

Oh, ok, thanks!

Sure!  There's no need to freeze them or anything.  Just wash them and the wax will come out.  Also, when the candle is almost gone I will light it one last time and pour out whatever wax will come out.  Then when it cools I will wash it.

I would have never thought to wash them - I thought that water wouldn't work to get wax out. Thanks for the tips! I'm going to buy my first Diptyque candle this spring and I definitely want to keep the jar once it's gone.

Sure, Jenny!  Yup, normal old soap and water will do the trick.  I like to keep all the holders once the candles are spent.  

I'm usually good to toss empty candle jars but my heart stopped at the thought of that one going, lol!  I don't normally buy really nice candles though.  

I just can't bring myself to throw any of these out esp the Diptyque ones.  I dunno 🙂

image.jpeg

Spoiler

Loves/Maintenance: Lancome Definicils, Sephora Eyeliner, Tarte Shadow Stick, Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo & Conditioner, Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner, Bliss Fat Girl Soap, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Clearasil

Glamglow Supermud (I finished the full-size as well but like switching up cleansers)

Lancome Creme Radiance Cleanser (this was nice for the drier winter)

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer (Also nice for winter)

Fresh Lotus Eye Cream (I really like this but I'm trying the black tea eye cream now and love that too!)

Tatcha Deep Rice Enzyme Powder (Prefer the classic version)

Ill have to remember to try that moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner.  I remember the oil does smell amazing!  

1 Reply
testing