Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

It's great! My holy grail essence. Before using the Raw Sauce I used SKII and their essence did nothing for me. With the Raw Sauce, I noticed effects immediately. I hope you have a great experience with your sample.

Oh no, really?   I'm just finishing up my fresh black tea toner and will be moving on to the skII.  I hope my skin likes it.  

ooh   I always wanted to try Angels on Bare Skin and Cup O' Coffee 

Angels on Bare Skin is my holy grail cleanser from Lush (and maybe ever). Very gentle, soothing, and effective. 

Cup O' Coffee is pretty abrasive and can cause irritation on the face if not used with caution. it's also pretty messy. However, I cannot resist the coffee smell 🙂

Thanks for explaining! 

Is Cup O'Coffee more abrasive than say, Mask of Magnaminty? I really love the idea of a coffee mask 

No problem! Cup O' Coffe is definitely more abrasive than Mask of Magnaminty. I find MoM to be creamy and whereas CoC is more sticky due to the syrup that is in the ingredient list. What makes CoC abrasive is that the coffee grounds are sooooo tiny and sharp. And there is a lot of them. It's almost a sand-like feeling.

On the other hand, MoM's main exfoliant is the beans. However i find the beans are in bigger chunks and are relatively soft so they don't have that gritty feeling like the coffee grinds do. 

CoC is great and is a wonderful coffee scrub. I fairly enjoy it on my face and body. I just think that Lush could have emphasized that it's probably their most abrasive scrub and not as "gentle" as they advertise.

Sorry for the long explanation, hope this helps! 

This was super helpful. Thank you so much! 

Probably won't use it on my face but I'm still tempted to buy a small tub just for my feet & elbows and such 😄 

Mid-end of January empties2.11 empties.jpg

Loves

2.11 loves.jpg

Spoiler
Loves
-Klorane Oat Milk Tinted Dry Shampoo
-Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength 
-May Coop Raw Sauce 
-Kate Sommerville Eradikate  
-Too Faced Hangover Rx 
-Glamglow ThirstyCleanse 
-Bobbi Brown Pore Primer  

Likes21.11 likes.jpg

Spoiler
-Benefit POREfessional
-Fresh Rose Face Mask
-Bumble and Bumble Full Potential
-Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
-Chloe Roses de Chloe perfume
-Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume
-Simple Micellar Cleansing Water
-Its a 10 Miracle Leave-in Treatment
-Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
-Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
-Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar
-ABH Brow Powder in Taupe
-Belif Hungarian Water Essence
-Kate Sommerville Exfolikate Sensitive 

Okays & Dislikes

2.11 ok and dislikes.jpg 

Spoiler
Okay
-CoverFx Total Cover Cream Foundation
-Shiseido Ultimmune Eye Serum
-Beautyblender Liquid Cleanser
-Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara

Dislikes
-Smashbox Photofinish Primer (the texture and scent grossed me out)
-Ahava Clear Purifying Mud Mask (broke me out TERRIBLY)

Really glad you liked the Raw Sauce, it is my holy grail!:D

I am obsessed! buying the full size soon

What do you think of the dry shampoo? Can you tell me more? I've been looking at it for awhile now. 

I love it. It is really refreshing and soothing. Most dry shampoos end up making my scalp itchy but this one didn't. It doesn't add volume really, but it does a great job at absorbing oil at the roots. I have medium brown hair and the tinted version is really nice because it doesn't leave a white cast in my hair. 

I'll be trying the travel size!

First time posting in empties but hoping this will motivate me to work through my stash to account for all the make-up splurges I went on last year!

janempties.JPG

Spoiler
Love: Simple Cleansing Wipes, Origins A Perfect World toner and Tarte Camera Lights Lashes
Like: Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream, Sephora brush it off cleansing brush wipes and Sephora Colorful Blush in No. 5 Sweet on You. 

No dislikes so that's great! 

I bought the Sephora brush wipes in January and used 4 of them last month. I am SO impressed! I use my kabuki brush everyday to apply foundation and I clean it with brush shampoo about twice a week. I had just assumed that the bristles would permanently be stained brown, but then I used a wipe on it and they are white again. I was blown away!

I bow to the amount of empties some of you ladies have!  Here's my meager offerings for January.  I have no idea why my photos are uploading upside down.  When I open them up on my computer they're right side up.  

Love: 

CAM00204.jpg

Spoiler
Nude Purifying toning water: light and fresh, doesn't strip skin.
Erborian Waterlock bamoboo Mask: light and left my skin feeling hydrated and soft.  Smells good too.
Sephora face cottons: I actually like these just as much as Shiseido.  Sacrilege, I know.  They aren't as soft, by the edges are nicely finished, and they're slightly smaller, so I feel like I'm wasting less.
Nude Detox Fizzy Powder Wash: Love the fizzing action.  I'll probably purchase the sensitive version because this was was a bit too much for me.
Urban Decay eye primer
Josie Maran Argan matchmaker Serum Foundation- this is a tentative love.  It felt SO good on my face.  It didn't change color very quickly however.  (This stuff goes on white and is supposed to change to your skin color).  I had a white cast for about an hour.  I'm chalking it up to the fact that my sample was the medium shade, and I am most definitely a light.  I need to get a sample of the light one.  

CAM00205.jpg

Spoiler
Living Proof anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner- love the scent, but took quite a bit of product to get through my thick hair, and the finish still wasn't as nice as drugstore shampoo and conditioner.  
Bath and Body Works Freshwater Cucumber shower gel- nice fresh scent.

Meh:

CAM00206.jpg

Spoiler
Benefit Air Patrol eye primer- why would I want moisturizer in an eye primer?
Sephora Pearl Mask- not sure it had much effect, plus the sheet is way too big for my face, so it flops up on the sides the whole time I'm wearing it.
Ren Rosa Centifolia 3 in 1 cleansing water- smells great, but I have zero uses for a cleansing water I can't use on my eye area.  Stings.
Ren active 7 eye gel- nothing really wrong with this, but I don't think it had any effect.
Lush Bubblegum lip scrub- love the scent and taste.  I'm soooo disappointed in this.  Everyone raves about it, but mine was so dry.  It was like putting dry sugar on my lips.  I couldn't even scrub because it just fell off my lips.  I wonder if I got a bum pot?

Just a few deluxe size empties this month:

Glamglow thirstymud: Love! I love the scent of it, and it feels really calming on my dry winter skin. 

Glamglow Youthmud Daily Exfoliating Cleanser: It was nice but I probably won't spend that much on a cleanser.

Shaveworks Pearl Souffle shave cream: also liked, but I find the EOS shave cream to be just as nice.

Ojon rareblend deep conditioner: smelled great, and it didn't weigh my hair down. Would repurchase, but I'm usually a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner kinda girl. 

Wen Sixthirteen Ultra nourishing cleansing conditioner- my cousin gave this to me, Wen products generally don't work for my hair and this was no different. It just felt icky and I don't think it washed out completely no matter how long I rinsed for. Made my hair look greasy. 

First time empties poster as well! Jan 2016 full sized products that I used or are past their prime:

2016-02-04_FS-Jan.jpg

Deluxe Sizes and foils:2016-02-04_Foil-and-DS-Jan.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
May Coop Raw Sauce
DE T.L.C Serum

Spoiler
Ren ClearCalm 3 clay cleanser
CG Full Bloom Lash Mascara
Beauty Blender Pro - just wish it lasted longer then 3 months
Bosica Makeup Break-up cleansing oil
OH Truth serum
Belif Aqua Bomb
LP Perfect Hair Day
PTR Rose Stem Cell Mask
Clinique Moisture surge - why did you have to break me out??? 😞

Meh:

Spoiler
BB Solid Cleanser, the Sephora version seems to get makeup stains out better
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye corrector - not creamy enough
SR Good Genes - not life changing
Dr. Brant Pore Dermabrasion - didn't seem to do much for my skin
Glamglow flashmud - nice but I like other things
Murad Cleansing oil - have ones I like more
Ren Evermatte moisturizer - didn't keep me terribly matte
Make Up Forever Mascara - brush kept poking me in the eye no matter what I did

Dislikes:

Spoiler
Smashbox always sharp liner - tugged way to much and transferred
Body Shop coconut cream body scrub - kill.it.with.fire.
Benifit Air Patrol - I didn't know my eyeshadow could crease so fast!
Fresh Rose Mask - made my skin burn 😕
MDSolarSciences Daily Moisturizer - left me feeling greasy and dirty

Do you keep all your empties in the VIB Sale bag? I love the idea!

Yep, the plastic material helps protect my bathroom cabinets from possible leaks. It also has the bonus perk of blocking out my TV Stand area from the pic. 🙂

January Empties:

First Empties post in this thread. I wish I participated earlier 🙂

* I usually add empty toothpaste/supplements/ eye solution, because it helps me figure out my budget and spending cycles.

* (BU) = Already have Back-up

* Unmentioned items are just okay.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 3.56.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 4.20.08 PM.jpg

LOVES (Will, or have repurchased):

Spoiler

Dior Capture Totale DreamSkin (Yeah. Until I read the price tag)

- Thayers Witch Hazel Toner- Rose Petal (BU)

- Bioderma Cleansing Water (BU)

- Soap&Glory Breakfast Smoothie Scrub (Love the maple smell. Leaves skin super soft! Will probably repurchase once I’m through with my scrub stash)

- Opti-Free Replenish (BU. Renu doesn’t work for me.)

- Sephora Kiss Me Balm (BU. Was disappointed in the Creme Brulee, but I like the rest)

- Lancome Definicils Mascara (BU, but will use up other samples first before touching full size)

- Stila Liquid Eyeliner (Already using new one)

- REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial (I’m liking Ren products so far, except for the Glycolic Lactic mask which broke me out 😞 )

- Paula’s Choice 1% BHA Lotion (Like this a lot. Will probably buy)

LIKES (Enough to use again someday):

Spoiler

- GlamGlow Thirsty Cleanse (Love the smell + okay cleanser)

- Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy (Product itself was wonderful but the tube was horrible. Like a catsup tube it was.)

- Tucker Ashley Moisturizer (BU. Okay moisturizer, doesn’t break me out. Repurchased when on sale, as my “when my real moisturizer runs out” moisturizer)

- Clio Kill Brow Pencil (Would’ve loved, but Clio pencils always, always breaks midway, so 😞 )

- The Saem Natural Honey Mask (A great daily mask. But am looking to branch out)

Whyyy (No thank you, even if it's free):

Spoiler

- Mullein & Sparrow Lip&Cheek Tint (Lovely spicy smell…but made my lips look like I ate 40 plates of Fish&Chips. Barely any color payoff)

- Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer (Color was perfect, but worst creasing ever)

- Origins - GinZing (Didn’t do anything and burned my eyes a bit)

Plus, a few of my empties from the past 4 months :): 

Spoiler
empties galore.jpg

1 Reply
testing