Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

I couldn't wait to finish the bottle. That one didn't smell to good. I like the vanilla one. 

Loves:image1.JPG

Will always repurchase the Dove dry shampoo (because it works/is inexpensive),

FAB moisturizer (have two people going through this stuff, hence two empties for January),

Kerastase shampoo

Guerlain LDP foundation in 31 is my HG, however I am testing some new foundations that are less expensive (so far none have come close to comparing)

NARS Penny Lane. I finished a blush! All of it! BUT this is my HG and it is discontinued. *tears*

Things that are ok/would use again but not going to actively purchase:

image2.JPG

HAAAAATE IT:

image3.JPGThe Baby Skin and Prime Time were almost full, but I'm trying to declutter and it's time to rid myself of silicon-y primers. Also, the KVD foundation felt like literal plaster. 

I too need to do a better job of decluttering things I just know I am never going to use.  From the samples I wasn't a fan of Ultimate Miracle Worker either.

What didn't you like about Burberry Fresh Glow? I enjoyed mine last month. 

Totally agree with you on the Kate Somerville though. I've tried 2 different products from her and hated both of them.

I feel you on the KVD foundation ! It feels like having a very, very thick mask on your face 😕

I felt like I was wearing stage makeup. Which is fine, I'm just so used to light, blendable coverage that this was like a little bit alarming on me haha

A moment of silence for your HG discontinued Nars blush 😞

THANK YOU for getting it! 

12592708_589273391222534_5008530101304001729_n.jpg

Here are my empties, funny how the skin care all ran out at the same time except for the cleansing oil 😉 

The only items I am truly considering purchasing again is the NUDE skincare. My skin is so happy with that line. 

I really like it, my skin has been better at being less oily and I don't know if it's the toner but it's also very healthy looking, i'm sure the other stuff i use on my skin help out too but i really like this stuff, i'm using the belif toner next since i had it already i'm kind of an impulse buyer 😉 

but yes, it did a good job at cleaning my face of any residue my cleanser may have forgotten although it's rare but it happens sometimes! all said and done i think i prefer it to some others i've had because i felt it really helped my skin but we'll see how my skin does with this new toner. 

I tried a sample of that cleansing oil last month and LOVED it. Can't wait to finish my current bottle of remover so I can upgrade 🙂

I've got one stashed that I haven't reid yet so good to know!

I really enjoyed it, it lasted me  a really long time, too long that i was like "really? still?" which is a very good thing for the price, my skin does feel beautiful and looks beautiful but ever since i discovered the nude omega jelly.. i couldn't wait to finish this fast enough so i can get started on the nude one 😕 not saying it's bad but i feel like i get better results from the nude line.

See. You have a lot. What is Santa's Belly? I love all the Lush names. 

I've never finished a perfume vial in my life, so 4 in a month always impresses me.

I know the feeling. I bought Rainbow Fun for my boys and my shower gets dyed whatever color they play with.

Santa's Belly is a shower jelly. So basically a solid jello-like shower gel 🙂

I totally debated getting that shower jelly when they had the BOGO sale, but ended up getting some super potent bath bombs instead.

First post in the empties thread!  You girls have inspired me.  🙂  

Loves: (Items I've already or definitely will repurchase!)

Spoiler

Murad clarifying wipes - I keep these on hand at all times.  I am terrified of running out.  

Jargons Wet Skin Moisturizer - I hate the sticky feeling of moisturizer after a shower.  This is great.  I got more in the target box, so I'm excited to try it again.  

Fresh Rose Face Mask - made my skin super soft.  Love!

Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy - Super soft hair!  Usually I have to henna my hair to make it as soft and silky as this treatment made it. 

Urban decay primers - I was actually able to wear my favorite space cowboy eyeshadow with these underneath.

Tarte Maracuja Concealer - already bought the full size!

YSL Touch Eclat - LOVE!  If only it weren't so expensive!

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - I haven't used detangler since I was in elementary school, but this made my hair super soft and it smells really good. 🙂

FullSizeRender_3.jpg

Likes:  (Items I liked, but probably won't purchase, or everyday items I use but don't love)

Spoiler

Agave Oil Treatment - meh. Not impressed. 

Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips - I bought a pack of these, but they don't seem to do much for me. 

Garnier Fructose Marvelous Oil - about the same as the agave oil. 

Ayres body polish  - great, but too expensive to justify a repurchase.

Harvey Prince Hello body cream - it took me forever to finally use this up!  I loved the smell at first, but I am so sick of it by now!

Degree motion sense

BB Hairdresser's invisible oil shampoo and conditioner - not as effective as I was hoping!  I loved the invisible oil and invisible oil primer, but these weren't great.  

St. Ives Apricot Scrub - too rough for my skin.  

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Jane Iredale foundation sample 

Body Lotion (brand I'm forgetting - from Birchbox) - smelled great 

Temple Spa Peace be Still - too watery for my liking

Coolway Hair Treatment - I didn't find it to be effective

Paula's Choice KP Clinical Treatment Cloths - Great, but I don't have a huge problem, so they didn't help much!

MINU Shampoo

Number 4 Shampoo

Naobay Body Lotion

Head to Toe Body Lotion - so creamy!

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg

Dislikes: (Items I won't be purchasing, or items I couldn't bring myself to finish!) 

Spoiler
Rainforest Aromatherapy Gel - ugh, horrible scent!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - not effective for me 

Murad Acne Clearing Solution - Love the wipes - but this didn't work for me

Attitude Shampoo and Shampoo and Body Wash.  I have an innate distrust of body wash / shampoo combinations!  But I found these to be drying. 

Wrong color for me:  Dr. Jart+ BB cream, Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder, and Lancôme Dual Finish powder

Full sized items I dislike to the point that I'm not going to finish them: 

Cynthia Rowley eyeliner - I have the pencil version in silver, and I love it, but the gel version is so streaky and rough that it hurts my eyelids to apply it!  

NYC Love in Rio Palette - not pigmented, and fall out like crazy!

Vintage highlighter - way too pink to use as a highlighter, not strong enough to show up as an eyeshadow! 

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Nice range of empties!  Looks like you polished off quite a few samples.

Welcome to the thread! You used up a ton of products this month - very impressive!

I spy a Birchbox Lover. So many goodies. MINU is a LOVE of mine. 

testing