Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I tried a lot of new things and used up more in a month than I ever have before! You'll also see there are a lot of new things that made it into the ‘hate’ category because of smell alone. Maybe I was just really sensitive to smells this month.

January 2016 Empties.jpg

New to me - loved:

Spoiler
  1. Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil – I’m not a huge fan of cleansing oils, but I really, really enjoyed this one! Great smell and it took off my waterproof mascara quicker and easier than other oils and removers I’ve used. Also, I got a little of this in my eye and it didn’t make it hazy like some oils do. A little too expensive, but I might consider splurging on this after I use up my current makeup remover and 2 bottles of micellar water.
  2. john masters organics Body Wash in Blood Orange & Vanilla – WOW! This body wash smells soooo good! Very foamy and I got 2 uses out of this packet.
  3. john masters organics Body Milk in Blood Orange & Vanilla – again, the smell of this stuff is awesome! I found this to be moisturizing without being too thick. Loved this a lot and will probably purchase the full size at some point.
  4. Batiste Dry Shampoo – love that this is brown instead of white because it blends so well into my hair. The smell is very strong though so I follow it up with a spritz of perfume. I’ve already purchased another bottle of this.
  5. john masters organics Body Wash in Geranium & Grapefruit – you can actually smell both the geranium and grapefruit in this body wash and let me tell you, the smell is fantastic!! I find that usually grapefruit tends to overpower anything else, but that’s not the case here. This smelled so good and it’s going to be difficult for me to decide if I want to buy the full size of this or the Blood Orange & Vanilla (is both an option?).
  6. john masters organics Body Milk in Geranium & Grapefruit – just as awesome as the body wash! My fiancé complemented me on how good I smelled.
  7. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner – what took me so long to try this? I have tried a few sulfate-free shampoos in the past, but they never lather very well so I stopped trying them. This one is totally different! Lathers very well and was very moisturizing. Plus, it smells divine. I’ll be purchasing this after I finish my L’Oreal shampoo and conditioner.
  8. Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask in Brightening – I really enjoyed this sheet mask. The smell was great and there was a lot of product on the mask that I was able to massage into my skin after the time was up. I have 2 more of these that I can’t wait to use.
  9. Ole Henriksen Power Peel – the smell of each of these products is just divine. The almond polish was a great exfoliator and I liked the slight burning of the lemon strip. I noticed my skin felt very smooth afterwards and it felt even better the next day. I have 2 more of these to use and I can’t wait!
  10. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask – this was a great overnight mask. Very hydrating and I liked the smell. After I finish up my Glamglow Thirsty Mud, I will think about buying the full size of this.
  11. Bath & Body Works Candle in Amsterdam – I wish I had bought more candles from the city collection. This one smelled great and now we’re burning Istanbul.
  12. Bath & Body Works Candle in Welcome – a great scent for fall and winter.

New to me - meh:

Spoiler
  1. e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator – I liked this a lot when I first got it, but it is totally dried up and hard now.
  2. HEMPZ Calming Herbal Body Wash for Sensitive Skin – not super moisturizing, but a good body wash nonetheless. I also really enjoyed the smell of this. I would use more samples of this, but I wouldn’t buy it.
  3. HEMPZ Herbal Body Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin – this was okay, but I like the Triple Moisture one a lot more.
  4. dermalogica Precleanse – this was an okay makeup remover. It took off my makeup well, but it left my eyes a little hazy. I also really didn’t like how this smelled.
  5. Marc Jacobs Dot fragrance – this is just okay. I really used to love this perfume so I have a full size, but I hardly ever reach for it.
  6. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – lightweight, but felt very moisturizing and wasn’t greasy. However, it has a very peculiar old lady smell.
  7. YSL Touch Eclat in No 2 – I liked the coverage this provided and my current concealer is a click-stick so I know I’d love that aspect of it. It is very expensive though so I won’t be buying the full size.
  8. Shania fragrance – this used to be one of my favorite fragrances, but I’ve outgrown it in the past few years. I have another bottle to finish up and then I’ll try to find something new that I like.
  9. Burberry Fresh Glow in Nude Radiance No. 01 – I used this as a primer under my foundation and enjoyed the subtle glow it gave me. I would use another sample of this, but I won’t be buying the full size.
  10. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter – again, I enjoyed the subtle glow this gave me but didn’t think it was anything special. I will say that I liked this one more than Burberry Fresh Glow though.
  11. Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Aqua Blossom – love this soap, but wasn’t a huge fan of this scent.
  12. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Night Calming Towelettes – liked the scent and these are great as a first cleanse for taking off face makeup. It takes a lot more rubbing to remove eye makeup.
  13. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – this was just okay. I liked the OH PowerPeel much more.
  14. NIVEA In-shower Body Lotion – this didn’t moisturize my skin much at all. I much prefer LUSH Ro’s Argan as an in-shower lotion.

New to me – hated:

Spoiler
  1. Sephora Pomegranate Eye Mask – I didn’t like the shape of these at all and the backing of one was already off when I pulled it out of the package.
  2. Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum – this came oozing out the foil as soon as I opened it and I lost about ½ of the product. I found it to be very greasy and I just really didn’t like it.
  3. Bare Minerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation – application was very streaky using my Kabuki brush. This also wasn’t a good color match for me.
  4. LUSH Turkish Delight – I got this as a gift and I’m so glad to finally be done with it! The smell is WAY too strong and it also has a weird texture, not creamy like you’d expect.
31. Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Soothing Moisturising Cream – absolutely hated the smell of this. It was so strong that about 30 minutes after applying this, I rinsed it off and used another moisturizer instead.

The Bath and Body Works candles are a B&BW product I would not mind trying. They look nice.

That's the one thing I actually do really like from there.  They are so affordably priced and the scents are nice (good range, and not too artificial) and the labels are easy to peel off if you want a more minimalist look.

They make pretty great candles. I've got 4 more I need to go through before trying Diptyque LOL

I completely agree re: Tatcha cleansig oil. I don't typically like face oils but this stuff rocks. Great at removig eye make up with no tugging rubbing. And ive been using Carol's Daughter monoi for years. Lots of deals on hsn sometimes. Although it's pricey and recently I've been trying Renpure brand. Good results and way cheaper. Purchased at walgreen's.

finished up a couple of things...

full size

12669975_10154655334988840_195062339_o

yassssss products i wouldn’t hesitate to purchase

• make up for ever lift concealer
  • anastasia brow wiz
  • mac mineralize skinfinish natural medium plus
  • lancome bi-facil
  • glysomed hand cream
  • the body shop vitame e sink in moisture mask
  • the body shop body butter - strawberry
  • touch in sol - stretchex stretch lash effect mascara
  • maybelline colour whisper in mocha muse
  • guerlain lipstick in gemma

middle child syndrome these are products that i liked but i’m still on the hunt for “something better”.  i may or may not repurchase in the future

• softsoap coconut scrub
  • shiseido pureness foaming cleanser
  • the body shop hand and nail treatment
  • **bleep** & fab glycolic fix serum
  • bio republic green tea detox mask
  • equate nail polish remover

bye felicia these are products that i wouldn’t repurchase if you paid me!

• john frida frizz ease secret weapon finishing cream
  • maybelline pumped up colossal mascara
  • mary kay timewise repair cleanser
  • mary kay timewise repair night cream

deluxe samples

12669164_10154655334923840_683691807_o

yassssss

• urban decay subversion lash primer
  • urban decay perversion mascara
  • glysomed hand cream
  • bath and body works warm vanilla sugar lotion

middle child syndrome

• dry bar bay breeze 
  • hourglass veil mineral primer
  • algenist overnight restorative cream
  • algenist firming and lifting day cream
  • amore pacific moisture bound rejuvenating cream
  • amore pacific future response age defence cream
  • l'occitane hand cream
  • skinfix hand repair cream
  • genifique yeux youth activating eye concentrate
  • nude treatment oil
  • caudalie vinosource moisture recovery cream
  • caudalie body lotion
  • glamglow flashmud brightening treatment
  • aveda botanical purifying gel cleanser
  • mybody take control calming gel cleanser
  • laura mercier primer - protect
  • benefit high beam
  • lancome cils booster

bye felicia

• bumble and bumble all style blow dry 
  • ligne st. barth shower cream
  • peter thomas roth eye power
  • juavaa turmeric antioxidant radiance mask
  • smashbox full exposure
  • benefit they're real
  • lancome hypnose drama
  • vasanti brigthen up enzymatic face rejuvenator exfoliating cleanser 

foil samples

12633005_10154655334868840_814533818_o

yasssss

• elizabeth and james nirvana black
  • prada candy
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta peel
  • becca shimmering skin perfector opal
  • ysl touche eclat
  • shiseido benefiance eye mask

middle child syndrome

• algenist ultimate anti-aging eye cream
  • origins ginzing refreshing eye cream
  • lipidol cleansing body oil

Wow.  You did a lot of work polishing off so many things. Nice job!  Also love the names of your categories.  So cute. 🙂

As usual, I am impressed. 

Here are my empties for January.  

Have alread repurchased the L'occitane shea butter hand cream and the Shiseido eye serum.  Will eventually get the hourglass primer and the Beauty Blender solid soap.  Have backup of the Dr Jart ( but am liking Bioderma more ) and the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes.  Will not buy any of the Tony Moly masks, the Living Proof Frizz humidity shield spray or the almond scented L'occitane lotion.  Everything else I enjoyed.  image.jpeg

Nice.  You made it through so many and are making em excited to try that L'Occtitane hand cream.  I feel like I have a few from past promotions last year.

So many goodies, yet I cannot stop focusing on how cute the blanket is.

The almond L'Occitane is my favorite!  Oh well, more for me.  🙂

I've heard great things about the BB solid soap, but haven't tried it yet. Glad to hear you liked it!

Loved 100_5476.JPGLiked 100_5477.JPGOk- StriVectin anti-wrinkle hydra gel treatment system-these were not bad but I expected a bit more for the price,the cream is nice but the patches were not any better than cheaper brands. 100_5480.JPGDid not like-it made my face burn so I didn't finish the bottle.100_5494.JPG
Feeling a bit lazy and not the best typist ,so I didn't list everything out this time,just noted a few things

I didn't care for that Caudalie spray either.  If it is the one I was thinking of it was also too strong smelling for my face.

I am curious about the Lush wipes, but I am waiting to try them in a kit.

GLAMGLOW Thirstymud treatment is one of my favorites. Perfect for the cold winter months! I also really love the Skyn Hydrocool eye gels. You used some great things this month!

I'm addicted.  I love the cleanser too.  I think a lot of it is the amazing smell.

Will repurchase at some point:

untitled (8).png

untitled (9).png

Will not repurchase:

untitled (10).png

Great empties.  I'm just about done with my SK-II essence.  I really like it but it seems like my whole routine has gotten so pricy it's hard to justify the price.

Lots of great items here.

testing