Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Haha - guilty!  It's the one subscription I've kept.  🙂

This my first post in the Empties thread and I feel like it’s going to be way more motivating to post and keep track here 🙂 My goal is to finish 50 products by the end of the year, including sheet masks (but not other foils & samples). So far so good, I already got 10 products going toward my goal ! 

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Loves :

Spoiler
  1. John Frieda Full Repair Strengthen + Restore Shampoo : Holy grail shampoo. It worked wonderful on my split ends. The scent is also very pleasant and the formula didn’t weight down my hair. * Already repurchased and will use it later whenever I need a serious hair boost again 🙂
  2. Avon Sweet Honesty Roll-on Anti-Perspirant Deodorant : Avon roll-on deodorants never let me down and are a constant repurchase. It never leave my armpits wet and there’s no white stain on the clothes after the application either. Great price and often on sale/promotion as well. * I would also repurchase that smell, it was quite light and very pleasant. I have a few backups of other scents to finish first.
  3. Shiseido Pureness Pore Purifying Warming Scrub (Blue tube that has been cut) : It did a really great job at removing dead skins and helping out with dry patches as well. Didn’t feel rough on the skin. There was a lot of product left in the tube however so I’m glad I did cut it.* Sadly it is discontinued now so I won’t be able to repurchase , but I will try to find a new product to replace it 🙂
  4. The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Lemon : I highly recommend this sheet mask to anyone who has dull skin and want an instant brighter complexion. 4 days after using it, my skin is still bright enough to only wear a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes. It also left my skin very moisturized. Another bonus point is the fact that those sheet masks are cheap, especially when The Face Shop does a promotion 🙂 * I will rebuy it once I finish my backups and Etude House Lemon mask.
  5. The Face Shop Sebum Control Soothing Mask Sheet : Very great mask that helped me to avoid a major breakout on my forehead because of an abnormal sebum excess lately. I have a combination skin and it didn’t dry out my T-zone either. It is a bit pricier than the Real Nature line sheet masks, but it is worth using it once in a while to avoid skin disasters. * Will rebuy it when I visit The Face Shop again.
6. Laneige Water Bank Serum (Sample) : This sample was big enough to use twice. The serum absorbed really quickly in the skin and didn’t leave it feeling greasy either, which was one of my concerns. Skin is left with a dewy finish after use and highly hydrated. This is a great additional step to add in a daily skincare routine, especially during winter.  * Will most likely buy a full size after I use my other sample.

Spoiler
  1. Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Gentle Foaming Hand Soap : This is my favorite Christmas scent from Bath & Body Works. However, I feel like the scent of this foamy soap wasn’t as long lasting as the other years. Maybe I got a dud. Did a * Will repurchase in the future again.
  2. Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel : Those shower gels aren’t the most hydrating ones on the market but it didn’t dry out my skin either. I liked that smell a lot and it did last quite long on my skin. * Would repurchase to use during autumn and colder months.
  3. Göt2b Rockin'It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo : This dry shampoo did a great job and I liked the fact that the scent wasn’t too overpowering. However, I still have some other dry shampoos to try and use up, and my holy care one is the Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo. * I would consider rebuying this one if it was on sale.

Meh :

Spoiler
  1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly : After reading the many great reviews this concealer received, I decided to give it a try. I found it to be very drying on my skin. However, it didn’t crease and the color match was perfect for my skin. The coverage was great, but not the best I tried either. Wasn’t a big fan of the applicator and packaging. * I would be willing to repurchase with a good coupon/during a VIB sale and use it again in the summer to see if the results are the same.

Nope : 

Spoiler
1. Life Brand Charcoal Nose Strips : Bought those at Shoppers because I had none left and they were on sale. If you have sensible skin, stay away from it ! At times it would sting even before it could dry properly. My dad also used one of those and his nose literally BURNED. It took about a month to heal and his skin isn’t exactly sensitive. Not sure about what ingredient might have caused it, but it was quite unusual. * I will stick to The Face Shop ones and surely won’t rebuy in the future.

Progress on my 50 Empties Project :

Spoiler
10 out of 50 

Great empties for your first post.  I love this thread because I have definitely become MUCH, MUCH better about using things up and not having multiple versions of the same type of product open at a time.

Thanks kelloua 😄 I agree, it's great also to know that your products probably won't expire if you do not trial many at once 😛 Hopefully I finish even more products in the next months to come, I will be on a semester abroad with a very .. minimal stash 😛

Posting here has made me more motivated as well and I've finished off so many more products than before because of it!

It's indeed a vert great accomplishment to use up what we already have 😄 

Njattana, I actually have combination skin and I noticed a great difference with my skin after one single use 😄 

You know I feel the same way with the NARS Concealer. I really wanted to like it since it's one of my favorite brands. It dried out my under eye skin and creased.  It was alright on acne but accentuated any dry spots. Not what I expect with something 'creamy' in the name. I got two different colors because I was so excited. I have to force myself to use it. 

I feel the same way! I thought I liked it initially, but soon realized it was the culprit for making my under eyes dry and crease.

I'm quite glad to see I'm not the only one who was unimpressed with that product ! 

Hopefully you can finish both of these concealers soon enough 🙂 

Awesome Lush empties. I've yet to try my Reindeer soap. Glad to hear you enjoyed the TonyMoly Makgeolli mask, I've been meaning to get that one. 

IMG_7121.jpg

LOVE

Sabon Body Gel Polisher in Patchouli Lavender Vanilla. I definitely would like to repurchase this once I get through the rest of my body washes. If I was rich, I'd use this as hand soap, as it leaves skin baby soft and exfoliated.

Has Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner. Ulta didn't send my samples, so I messaged customer service through Facebook. The CS rep apologized and shipped me samples—nothing special, but I thought it was a nice gesture. This C&S was one of those samples, and I love it. My hair felt so soft! And luckily, it's drugstore, as I refuse to pay high-end prices for shampoo. I'll repurchase when I get through my other shampoos.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Opal. I've been interested in the various Becca highlighters for a while and swatched them a bunch of times. For some reason, I decided Moonstone was the best for me and own it in pressed and liquid forms. Of course, now that I own it, I rarely reach for Moonstone—but Opal! Why did I ever pass you by? I'm on a highlighter no-buy, but if that ever changes, Opal will go to the top of my list.

HATE

When Travelmate mask. I bought every mask When makes during the F&F sale because I figured it would be a good opportunity to try the line. Well, at least I didn't pay full price for them, as I've disliked every one of them. Every When mask I've used has been mediocre. They aren't actively harmful to my skin, but I never feel like my skin is extra moisturized or reaps any other benefits the masks say they give. Hard pass.

Dr. Jart All That Contours Hydrogel Expansion Stretch Mask. While the When masks may not be harmful, I don't believe that to be the case with this mask. The lower portion stretches over your ears (I guess to temporarily firm up your jowly bits?). However, my ears stick out quite a bit, so the mask pulled at them. It didn't hurt, but it did turn them red from the tension. I only used this as a laugh (it came in a Dr. Jart mask kit), but I'd never buy it on its own. If you want a laugh as well, check out my incredible sexxxy photo of me wearing it in the mask thread.

Lorac Porefection Concealer. A random sample I picked up somewhere. The color wasn't a very good match, but I thought I'd try it for a while to see if I at least liked the formula. I did not. It creased and applied patchily.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. The color match was pretty good, but like the concealer, this applied patchily. It was also oddly thick. I know it's full coverage, but it shouldn't be like spreading actual paint on your face.

Great empties.  I especially enjoy reading the reviews of the sheet masks because I'm just getting into them and there seems to be such a huge price discrepency between some of the ones I'm seeing in local Asian shops and for sale on Sephora, Birchbox, etc. so it's interesting to see what is worth it and what isn't

I recently tried the Farmacy mask too and really enjoyed it. The mask was soaked with product compared to others I've tried.  I don't see it listed above so I assume you didn't love it but also didn't hate it?

Yeah, anything I don't list was OK but otherwise not noteworthy. I agree that it was super soaked with product, but I don't know that my skin felt so amazingly luxuriously soft afterward like I expected. I have two other Farmacy masks to try, though, so maybe I'll like those better.

I have been thinking about trying the When masks but I will probably just get one now to try them,this saves me from getting them all and being disappointed.

Agree!

Loves: I will eventually or have already repurchased some of this items

image.jpeg

Alright: wouldn't repurchase but I wouldn't mind using again

image.jpeg

The Blush Batiste is my holy grail dry shampoo. Can't count how many times I've repurchased 😄

I haven't tried it yet.  I think I'm still in my dabbling stage to figure out what brand I like most.  But first I have to work through the set I got from Sephora over Christmas.  Thankfully there seems to be a pretty wide selection of Batiste dry shampoo at my Marshalls all the time so I'll definitely pick it up there once I make it through my stash.

Dry shampoo is a new thing to me too. I'm trying out diffrent brands as well

testing