Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I should have purchased more. My gut was telling me to get more before I ever tried them. I ended up buying some reusable ones from Drugstore online. They're nice, but nowhere near as nice as these were. 

My feet are a little more dry than average (at least comparing to others I know). The effects washed away as soon as I washed my feet, but the feeling is amazing while it lasts.

I actually have you to thank for me even trying them. You mentioned them and I saw how inexpensive they were so I bought 4 to start and then 9 more (enough to get free shipping :)). I'm looking forward to using them in the summer so I can feel less self-conscious about wearing sandals.

A love Celebrate lotion.  That's the one that is only offered at Christmas time, correct? It reminds me that I have a tub somewhere that I really should start using once I finish up my open lotion.

I love the Rose Face Mask, too, and have wanted to try that conditioner for a while. I never figured out what the Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot did either.

Bummed to hear you didn't like Bay Breeze.  My hair is DEFINITELY noticeably softer after using it, but hair also tends toward the dry, coarse side to begin with so probably anything helps.  But I also leave it on way, way longer than the directions say and towel dry my hair pretty aggressively first so Im not sure if that makes a difference.

The smell of Lush "Celebrate" is phenomenal! Glad you enjoyed it. 

Anonymous Insider

This is for December and January. Not a lot, bit still feels nice.

Loves:

OPI Samoan Sand - this is my perfect nude nail polish

Seche Restore - this helped me extend lifetime of all kinds of nail polishes

Ole Henricksen Truth Serum - love this stuff, it really brightens skin and any dark spots

Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask - it's a clay mask. I love the tingling sensation. It's mild, but it works.

Bumble and Bumble - invisible hairdresser's oil primer - I always get samples of this everywhere, but it's too expensive for me to buy on its own. It supposednly protects from heat, but I notice that it makes my hair really soft. The whole Invisible Oil line is my favorite, actually.

Patchology hydrate flashmasque facial sheet - this was really nice and hydrating, but not sure it's worth the cost.

Mario Badescu hydro moisturizer with vitamin C - I liked this alright, but I have too many moisturizers at the moment.

Fresh soy face cleanser - I liked this, but would not repurchase. I prefer cleansers that have more foamy consistency once mixed with water.

Kempinski shower gel with bergamot - I loved this, but I don't know where I would get more even if I wanted as this was stolen from the hotel(don't judge me).

Meh:

Dior Miss Dior moisturizing body milk - too thin

L'Occitane Creme Ultra Riche Visage (ultra rich face cream) - I don't like such heavy fragrance in face creams

Too Faced Born This Way foundation - Vanilla is my color, but I wasn't crazy about the coverage, it was too streaky IMO.

Marc Jacobs Decadence - I'm indifferent toward this one

Belief the true cream - moisturizing bomb. I think this is good for people with dry skin. I didn't really care for it. (My skin is pretty normal most of the time).

A couple of man's samples I used as room spray

IMG_20160201_151717_20160201153337487.jpg

You did not love the Patchology mask? Samoan Sand is really pretty.

Anonymous Insider

It was good, I just don't see myself buying it in the future, that's why I didn't put it in ''loves''. It did what it was supposed to do - hydrate skin. 🙂

SO many empties for December, and thank goodness - after doing blondesluv2shop's makeup inventory I realized just how much stuff I have. Definitely trying to use up more than I buy/acquire, at the very least.

Loves: Have or Would Repurchase

FS/DS:

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Spoiler
philosophy purity cleaner
Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion
Laura Mercier Face Polish
Murad Essential-C Toner
l'Occitane Almond Shower Oil
YSL Fusion Ink Foundation
SK-II Essence
CoverFX Illuminating Primer
Nailtiques Formula 2+
Oscar Blandi dry shampoo
Murad Essential-C moisturizer
OH Truth Serum
OH Ultimate Lift Eye Cream
Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner
Dr Jart Premium BB Cream
Caudalie The des Vignes hand cream

Foils:

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

Spoiler
Tony Moly peeling foot mask + foot cream
Tony Moly Red Wine and Makgeoli sheet masks
Miss Spa Brightening sheet mask
YSL Touch Eclat No 2
FAB Facial Radiance Pads
Origins Out of Trouble mask
Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation
OH Power Peel
Glamglow Flashmud
FAB Ultimate Repair Cream
Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask
Tatcha Revitalizing Eye Cream
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
philosophy Renewed Hope Eye cream

Meh:

FS/DS:

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

Spoiler
Pantene Clarifying shampoo
Aveeno body wash
Simple Micellar Water
Fresh Rose Face Mask
Living Proof dry shampoo
Glamglow Supermud
Manefit Cucumber Soothing + Moisturizing sheet mask
Ulta cotton rounds
Karuna eye mask
fresh Rose toner
Living Proof phd 5-in-1 shampoo & conditioner
Korres Grapefruit Brightening mask
Neutrogena Acne treatment
Buxom Sophia gloss
Tarte Power Pigment in Flush
Skin Inc serum
Dr Jart Dermaclear water
Laure Mercier gloss
Giorgio Armani eye serum
Molton Brown eye makeup remover
Kate Somerville Retinol night cream
Lancome Lift+Firm cream

Foils:

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

Spoiler
YSL Touch Eclat, No 1
Estee Lauder night cream
Tatcha Enriching Renewal Cream
Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Cream
Ojon Deep Conditioning Treatment
Hask Argan Oil Shampoo+Conditioner
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Cream
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Loion spf20
Fresh Peony Brightening Night Treatment Mask
Missha Clear Toner
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
Chanel No 5
PTR Squalene Oilless Face Oil
KP Duty AHA body moisturizer
KP Duty body scrun
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
Algenist Power Anti-Wrinkle serum

Nope:

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

Spoiler
philosophy Cranberry Medley hand cream (hate the scent)
BVLGARI The Blanc body lotion (too light)
REN Firming Beauty Shots (didn't see any results)
Bio-Oil PurCellin Oil (used it for stretch marks, saw no results)
Pacifica lipstick (way too dry)
Sephora Nano eye pencil (also way too dry)
MAC Zoom Lash (too wet - made lashes very clumpy)
Algenist Repairing Tinted Moisturizer (wrong color)
Philosophy Back to Nurture moisturizer (too greasy)
Amazing Concealer (wrong color, creased badly)
Davines Love conditioner (too heavy and didn't wash out well; made hair greasy)

Just wow.  That is a truly impressive month.  And sad to see you didn't like Love.  (Or as I should have said, love Love.)  It's one of my favorites. 

I do also really enjoy the Caudalie hand cream though.  Got a steal on a set from Nordstrom Rack and I'm loving the scented versions even more than the more standard hand lotion they have which I also really liked.

Woo hoo! You used up a TON of products this month from some really great brands.

I've been wanting to try that Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion. When in your skincare routine do you use it? In place of toner?

After toner, as an essence. They just reformulated it, so I don't know how similar the new one is. The old one, at least, is similar to belif's Hungarian Water Essence; it's closer in thickness to a serum than to a watery essence like SK-II or Misshe, but it's fast-absorbing and not at all sticky.

Every month I get more than I use. It's a never-ending process. In 2016, I really need to make an effort to stop buying so much.

You did a great job this month.

I love the Love Conditioner and tried it for the first time this month as well. I always rinse for a long time though, because Wen trained me well.

Im such a stalker of this thread!  So many empties!  Does the Tony Moly peeling foot mask REALLY make ur feet peel or lightly?

You did such an awesome job using up your foils!

I don't think I've posted my empties in here since January 2014! I still kept track of them in a spreadsheet and made sure I used up stuff but haven't posted in here in forever. I feel like I used up more when I posted in this thread.

IMG_0224.JPG

Loved, repurchased or plan to:

Nia24 Skin Strengthening Cream

Topix Power of Three Cream

Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum 14% Gylcolic (for KP on upper arms or chest, too much for my face)

So,so:

Hugo Naturals Vanilla Peppermint Bath Bomb x2

Dr Jart Premium BB Cream (I think I prefer the detox version)

Not for me,will not repurchase:

Be Natural Callus Remover

Vanicream Cleansing Bar 

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Leave In

Nutra Nail 5 to 7 Nail Growth

Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara

...and yes I attacked the packaging and made sure I got every last drop! 🙂

Great empties!  I still think that looks like a good amount to me.

Is the NIA24 like StricVectin? I think it uses the same ingredient. 

Good thing I have both... 😉 The primary ingredient in the Nia24 is their version of niacinamide which is a B vitamin. It's good for redness, fading hyperpigmentation, and dehyrated/dry skin. Strivectin's primary ingredients are copper petides which are supposed to get down there and help boost collagen production. It's good for sagging and mild wrinkles. I can't use the Strivectin on my face since it's got Shea Butter which breaks me out. I use it on super old stretch marks in-conjunction with dermarolling. My mom uses it on her face and loves it! It's a HG for her.

testing