Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

empties 1.24.16.jpg

Loves

-The Body Shop Shea Body Butter - super moisturizing, perfect to use after the shower before bed, soothing scent.

-True Blue Shea Butter Super Rich Foot Cream - very softening and hydrating

-YSL Touche Eclat No. 1 - very brightening and blends to perfection, will repurchase in another shade that in less pink

-Lush Snowcake Soap - one of my favorite soaps from Lush, soft yummy scent that lathers really well

-Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - makes my skin look much more even and less red, instant results. I love peel off masks.

-BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask - very hydrating, perfect to put on before bed

-Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Light Warm - very lightweight, nice coverage

-Clinique SuperPrimer - made my skin silky smooth, not sure if it prolonged my makeup wear

-Dial Hand Sanitizer - fulfilled its purpose, nice scent

-Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replenisher - love the smell of this, made my hair soft and less frizzy

-St Tropez Self Tan Express Self-Tanner - I love how quick this works but the scent is bothersome

-GlamGlow Flashmud Brightening Mask - exfoliating and evens out my skintone

-Batiste Dry Shampoo - does the job, not crazy about the scent, I have to wash my hair the following day after using this because it makes my scalp itchy after awhile

So-So

-Josie Maran Argan Oil - a nice multi-tasking item, didn't do anything amazing for my hair or skin though

-Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash - felt like a drugstore face wash, heavily scented and almost had a shampoo smell which was oddd

-Kat Von D Tattoo Brow in Medium Brown - I started out liking this product then began to get annoyed as it would stop then start working off and on after two weeks. I think the tip was drying out or getting clogged. This created a nice look if I was willing to spend the time to do it but was kinda tedious due to the packaging. 

Dislikes

-Bliss Makeup Melt Cleanser - smeared my makeup around but did not rinse off well. It felt like it created a barrier between the water and my makeup/skin. It also made my eyesight cloudy whenever I tried it.

-Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer - this tingled so bad on my skin! I used this on my T-zone and while it did leave me matte, I hated the sensation and my makeup applied patchy on top of it.

So dumb question about the Batiste Dry Shampoo.  I've seen so many varieties.  Do they each have different scents?

Yes, I love The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. I hate eating coconuts, but I love the way they smell (same with coffee).

My empties from this week:

empties 1.17.16.jpg

Loves

-Trish McEvoy Triangle of Light Eye Mask - I used these twice (two sides = two uses 😄 ). I used these when I was sick and when I was running on 4 hours of sleep and needed to look presentable for work. WOW these really worked. Very hydrating, plumping, and de-puffing. Looked up the price of these badboys and they're $68 for 8 packets. I might repurchase these because they're just that good. 

-GlamGlow Thirstymud - I have combo skin that leans oily so I didn't find my skin needing the benefits of this mask like someone with dry skin might. I did enjoy using it in the winter though.

-The Body Shop Shea Sugar Scrub - I love the scent. Gentle scrub. I prefer one a little bit more abrasive, but it was nice.

-MUFE Ultra HD in Y255 - good formula, good coverage, and very natural looking. Not overly impressed with it but I like it.

-Dermadoctor KP Duty - made the keratosis pilaris bumps on the backs of my arms much smoother and less bumpy. 

So-So

-Victoria's Secret Noir Tease Body Mist - I used to love this scent in years ago but I think I outgrew it. This one smelled kinda cheap to me. 

-Ahava Purifying Mud Mask - This is a two minute mask which is really convenient to put on in the shower. It didn't really compete with my other mud masks though.

-BareMinerals 5in1 cream eyeshadow - I love the creaminess of this upon application but because of this consistency it creased even with my favorite shadow primer.

-Pink Sugar perfume - very warm, sweet scent. Would be a nice layering perfume with something musky but still a little too sweet for me.

Dislikes

-Beautyblender Liquid Blender Cleanser - this did nothing more than a liquid hand soap in my opinion. I actually had to use my Solid beauty blender cleanser after using this liquid version because it left a lot of makeup still in the sponge. 

-Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fairly Light Neutral - no matter how much or how little I used of this, or how quickly I set it with powder, it always did the opposite of what the name suggests -- it creased SUPER bad on me. 

I'm using the GLAMGLOW Thirstymud treatment and really love it, but I have super dry skin. I also love the way it smells!

Yeah it definitely seems best suited towards dry skin.

I love the thirsty mud too. I have the mask and the cleanser

The scent is super yummy! It reminds me of cookie dough

Really trying to give my skin a break from too many changes, so not too many empties, but figured I'll post what I have:

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves, will or have repurchased:
Sunday Riley Luna and Good Genes samples
Hourglass mineral veil primer

REN flash rinse 1 minute facial

Okay: 
Sephora moisture mask

I should get a sample of hourglass veil. I've heard good things about it.

I love the Hourglass mineral veil too!

I too really love the Lush Celebrate Lotion.  I like the SK-II facial essence but I feel like my skincare routine has gotten so pricy at this point I can't decide if I really want to spend the $$$ on it.  Trying Raw Sauce next.

Does the Belif Moisturing Bomb have a scent?

It's sort of a light herbal.  A bit medicinal, but in a pleasant way.

i got one of those spatulas in my stocking but now I can't find it!

Yayy for Lush empties! I'm glad you really liked it. I received a tub and am looking forward to using it. The smell is great!

I had the same thoughts about the SKII. Did you get your's in the SoKo to Tokyo set? I was very disappointed it didn't live up the hype 😕

That lip gloss is completely gone - impressive!! 

Empties from the last two weeks. I am trying to focus on using my foils and deluxe sample sizes as well as any products that are halfway or nearly empty.Empties 1.11.16.jpg

Loves (definitely will repurchase):

-Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara

-Anastasia Brow Powder

-YSL Touche Eclat No. 2 Luminous Ivory

-May Coop Raw Sauce essence

-Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Likes (enjoyed using, not sure if I will repurchase):

-Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink and Steel Ink

-Laura Mercier Radiance Primer

-Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer

-MUFE Artist Shadows

-KVD Ink Liner in Trooper

-Soap & Glory Righteous Butter

-Benefit Air Patrol Eye Primer

So-So (wouldn't repurchase but used it up):

-Philosophy Hope in a Jar Eye cream

-Ahava Leave-on Deadsea Mud Hand Cream

-Bliss Triple Oxygen Foaming Mask

wow good job on using up foils and samples. I need to be better about that.

I tried a sample of YSL Touche Eclat the other day too & loved it! Great coverage and the color was perfect for me.

4 Replies
testing