Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yeah, I will not purchase one again. If one happens to get to me in a kit or something, I will try to cut it to size. That breakout was really rough, because I am a picker. It just kept recurring. Now that my chin is finally looking better, no more.

Really want to try the Tony Moly sheet masks

I got a whole set of 11 from Amazon for $13.60 (free shipping from my Prime account). I checked again recently, and they were going for >$13. 

Here are my November-December empties! I was really happy to finish off a lot of products I had that were half used. I've already repurchased and/or had back ups of my staple products such as the hairspray, cleansers, etc. Paula's Choice, Naobay, and Aveeno were meh for me, but everything else I enjoyed using.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Which Paulas Choice product are you using?

I used the blemish treatment and exfoliant

Your empties always impress me, because it seems like you finish a lot of big things. Which Cetaphil cleanser is that? Did you like it?

I was just thinking the same thing as I looked at the picture 🙂

Thank you! It's the normal to oily skin daily cleanser, and I love it! It's my go to drugstore cleanser that I've been using for years. I've also used the gentle cleanser for all skin types and it's just as good.

I bought a mini Gentle Skin Cleanser for my son to try out, but he used it so quickly, I never got to test it myself.

Oh no! Definitely get another one- it really is gentle on your skin and also removes all traces of your makeup, so it's a win win.

What did you think of the Amika dry shampoo? I've been curious to try that brand.

I actually really liked it, and would recommend it. I usually use Batiste but I thought this one was just as good. Plus it smells amazing!

I'm trying Batiste right now so it's good to hear you think they are comparable. Is the Amika one clear or white spray?

They are definitely comparable. Amika is a white spray as well.

I’m a little late posting December empties, but better late than never! I went home for Christmas so a lot of my empties are travel sizes and foils since they are easier to pack.

December 2015 Empties.jpg

Products I use regularly:

Spoiler
  1. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover – used up a travel size bottle of my holy grail makeup remover.

New to me - loved:

Spoiler
  1. Skyn Iceland Pure Comfort Cream – absolutely loved this! This moisturizer was very hydrating and not greasy at all. The smell was great too, maybe grapefruit? I have other moisturizers to use up, but I will be purchasing this the next time ULTA has 20% off.
  2. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant – I’ve had this concealer for two years and finally finished it! I love the click-pen dispenser and it’s much cheaper than the Clinique Airbrush Concealer. I have already repurchased this.
  3. Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream – the smell of this is very strong, but I really loved it! I was able to get about 4 uses out of this and can say that my skin felt so smooth. I will purchase eventually after I finish some of my other moisturizers.
  4. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels – I really liked these and as they suggested, I put them in the fridge the night before so they were nice & cool. I would like to buy more and use them once a week to see if I can see a difference.

New to me - meh:

Spoiler
  1. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm – I got about 6 uses out of this sample which I thought was pretty darn impressive. With that said, I won’t be purchasing this because it takes me longer than makeup remover and it makes my eyes hazy.
  2. HEMPZ In-Shower Hydrating Body Moisturizer in Blushing Grapefruit & Raspberry Crème – the smell of this was great, but I don’t think it penetrated my skin and moisturized it at all. I love HEMPZ lotion, but I was disappointed with this product.
  3. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture – wasn’t a fan of the smell at all, but I did like the formula.
  4. Mario Badescu Aloe Lotion – liked the smell of this, but it didn’t do anything for me and it definitely didn’t moisturize my skin.
  5. Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask – couldn’t tell any difference in my skin after using this.
  6. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture – not a fan of the scent, but it applied nicely and wasn’t greasy.

New to me – hated:

Spoiler
  1. Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo – this is still half-full, but I can’t stand to use it any longer. The white powder never blends into my hair completely so it grey and completely takes the shine out of my hair. Also, the non-aerosols container makes application so difficult.
  2. que bella Lavender Aromatherapy Mask – I thought this was a sheet mask, but it’s a very thick mud mask, actually more like clay. The lavender smell was really overpowering and it contains propylparaben so I won’t be repurchasing.
  3. que bella Pomegrante Peel-Off mask – smelled good and I liked peeling it off, but it didn’t do anything for my skin and it was very runny so application was difficult.
  4. Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel – my under eye area turned red after using this and after 10 minutes, it still wasn’t fully absorbed into my skin.
  5. Mario Badescu Cucumber Cream Soap – didn’t like the smell of this and it did absolutely nothing for my skin.
  6. HEMPZ Herbal Body Moisturizer in Fresh Coconut & Watermelon – I love HEMPZ lotion, but absolutely HATED this scent. Way too much watermelon!
  7. La Roche-Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum with Sunscreen – felt greasy and I had a bad reaction to this. I wore it under my foundation and when I took off my makeup that night, I had a bunch of small, invisible bumps on my forehead and cheeks.   

Nice review of a lot of products.  I'm stalking Skyn products and waiting for 20% sale.

Have you tried Skyn before or are you wanting to use 20% off to try some?

Lucky for me, my birthday is in February so I'll be buying a few things from ULTA with my 20% off + 3X points.

I am going to try the Skyn Iceland gels in the fridge next time to see if I like them better that way.

I think I read that tip on their IG or Facebook page, can't remember which. I really loved them being that cold so you'll have to try it & see what you think!

Holy Moly, December was a banner month for empties! Many of these are things that were in my rotation that I've been using up for months, but then all synced up to finish around the same time.

Loves: Have or Would Repurchase

IMG_1865.JPG

Spoiler
FS:
Verso Super Facial Serum
Algenist Genius C+ Serum
"blow-pro" dry shampoo - actually the one I finished was Oscar Blandi, but I hate the packaging of the blow-pro, so I transferred it to the Oscar Blandi bottle and am trashing this one
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
bliss Body Butter in Aloe & Grapefruit
FAB Facial Radiance Pads
bare minerals eye cream
Smashbox Full Exposure mascara
philosophy fresh cream body cream
Sephora Lavender blotting sheets

Travel Size/DS:
philosophy fresh cream hand cream
Bumble & Bumble Don't Blow It
Smashbox Anti-Aging primer
Jack Black lip balm, original
l'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream
Ahava Mineral hand cream
Strivectin retinol treatment
SK-II Essence
Soap & Glory Hand Food hand cream
Too Cool For School Egg Cream sheet mask

Foils:
Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo & conditioner
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Moisture
Living Proof Prime Style Extender
Jack Black Moisturizing Face Oil
FAB Ultra Repair Hydro Firming Sleeping Cream
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
philosophy purity
OH Truth Serum
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair hair mask
Clarins Eye Concentrate
Bite Lip Wipes
Le Couvent des Minimes body cream

Meh - OK but not special:

IMG_1868.JPG

Spoiler
FS/DS:
bliss hot salt scrub - liked it as a scrub, but I don't like having to use it on dry skin
Pantene Sheer Volume shampoo - OK, but I'm transitioning out of drugstore haircare now that I've seen it can make a difference
belif moisturizing bomb - better than aqua bomb for me, but still not quite moisturizing enough
Lancome Energie de Vie Light Lotion-in-gel - too much alcohol in the formula
Lancer anti-wrinkle serum
Luxie blending brush - blended well until the ferrule fell off the handle
Sweet Clover organic lip balm
bare minerals anti-wrinkle serum
MAC False Lashes mascara
Guerlain Maxi Lash So Volume mascara
Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy mascara
Clinique eye makeup remover
Giorgio Armani eye serum
Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream

Foils:
Charlotte Tilbury lipstick sample in **bleep** Perfect
Hask Argan Oil shampoo + conditioner
Hask Macadamia Oil shampoo + conditioner
Oscar Blandi Thickening shampoo + conditioner
Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo + conditioner
Miss Spa Brightening sheet mask
Algenist Genius White Brightening serum
Algenist Power Wrinkle Fighter serum
Benefit It's Potent eye cream
Living Proof satin hair serum
OH Sheer Transformation
OH Foaming Cleansing Milk - I did like this, but more testing needed
philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturizer
fresh Black Tea Age-Delay lotion spf 20
Algenist Triple Action Micro Polish and Peel
Omorovizca Face Polish
DDG alpha beta peel - ultra gentle daily version

Nope:

IMG_1867.JPG

Spoiler
**bleep**+Fab Glycolic Fix peel pads
Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion - too light but still greasy; I used it on my neck
MUFE Step 1 Hydrating Primer - neither hydrating nor priming benefits.
Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation - too dark for me, and it's old and separated now
The Phoenix body lotion - also too light but still greasy. I used it under my heavy-duty cream on my hands.
1 Reply
testing