Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I'm just using up some deluxe samples. The one I'm using now is Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. It's OK (I wouldn't purchase), but a million times better than the Shiseido.

What palette is that? I love Gimme Brow, too. I've been meaning to try Lash Genius forever. I still have a sample, but I rarely need waterproof mascara. With hooded eyes, it cannot hurt. 

It was some sort of Sephora highlighter, contour, and blush palette that I picked up on sale last year as a beginner's guide to highlighters. It has powder and cream products, but they aren't that great.

Lash Genius is great. My eyes water quite often, and it prevents embarrassing mascara smears like no other. It's also very useful because I no longer purchase mascara (I live off the millions of minis I've accumulated) and the samples are never waterproof.

Anonymous Insider

OMG, you love Glossier The Balm Dot Com, and I've been wondering for months about whether I should give it a try or not. Maybe now I'll bite the bullet and press pay on my virtual cart! 🙂

Haha, The Balm Dot Com is another one of the few cosmetics I've repurchased (see my Gimme Brow comment below). It's very thick. I wear it to bed, and only on my lips, although it's an all-purpose balm. I wouldn't say it's a life-changer; there are probably drugstore balms that are similar, but I had store credit from BT'ers using my referral code. (Speaking of, I'll send you a PM. 😉 )

I'm seriously thinking about the Benefit Gimme Brow. It just seems so much more simpler than doing a powder or the ABH brow wiz. Would you say that's true? I want something that is going to be quick & easy and one or two swipes of this stuff sounds like it would work for me.

So I'm not a major "brow person." I'm not looking for Insta-brows. But Gimme Brow is one of the rare cosmetics that I've repurchased. It's very, very easy to use. The mousse is applied via a tiny little spoolie, and it only takes one or two swipes to get the coverage I want. I'd say it's good for covering up sparser bits of brow; I also use it to get fuller/darker coverage when I color my hair and my brows don't quite match.

This is also the only Benefit item I like. 🙂

I'm not a brow person either. Haven't ever thought about doing them until about a month ago when I noticed in pictures that they look unkempt. LOL.

Sounds like Gimme Brow could work really well for me. Thanks for your feedback!

December Empties

IMG_3970.JPG

Loves:

Qtips

Equate Makeup Remover Wipes

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

Carols Daughter Monoi Hair Mask

Carols Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner

Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Mask

Hourglass Mineral Veil

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

Redken Diamond Oil

Phyto Phytokeratine Hair Mask

BH Cosmetics Liquid Liner

Swisspers Cotton Rounds

Butter London Scrubbers

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter

Nope:

Origins GinZing Energy Booster Moisturizer

I bought the Hourglass Veil Mineral during Sephora's VIB sale & love it! I think it's one of the more unique primers out there because it's not silicone, but sort of feels that way.

Love Carol's Daughter products especially the monoi hair mask!

I love the smell! And it lasts in my hair forever!:D

I really hate those Swisspers and hate that I bought a 6 pack without trying them first. Based on the fact that you like them, I wonder if I got a bad batch.

I like them but I don't love them, I would occasionally get one cotton round that would fall apart and leave cotton fibers in my eyes/: I have about a 1/4 of my last bag of swisspers but I wasn't to try something new.

I've heard great things about Shisedo cotton. 

Stephani - I highly recommend the Shiseido cotton.  I used to think it was way too crazy expensive to spend ten bucks on a pack of cotton but they are really worth it.  I can't stand using any  other cotton rounds/squares now.

Oh my gosh, I agree. Once I realized that I was using 3 of the Target brand cotton rounds at a time (because they were so thin & would fall apart) I decided they weren't such a bargain, after all. The Shiseido just feel so lovely and like a little (affordable) luxury every day.

I had exactly the same reaction.  My first cotton pads were the Swisspers- hated them.  Then I used Sephora brand, which are pretty nice, but not as soft as the Shiseido.  I actually calculated the cost per pad and Sephora and Shiseido are basically the same price.  Shiseido all the way!

Adding it to my loves list so I remember to get it lol. 

They also sell them at Saks, Nordstrom, etc., so sometimes I buy them there if I have a 15% off code or if there's a good GWP and I don't want to spend a lot. 

Keep me posted on how you like them  once you buy them. 

I don't keep my empties around long enough to photograph, but I did finish 5 full size items, 18 DS, and 48 foils this month!!! I have been doing the $2 when I finish a full size, $0.50 for a DS, and $0.25 for a foil and came up with $31 (I think) for this month!!

2 Replies
testing