Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I agree with karap03.  The LM loose powder is amazing!

It is amazing! I will never use another loose powder again. (And that says a lot coming from someone who loves trying new products). 

Dislike:image1 (4).JPG

Indifferent, would use but won't repurchase:

image2 (2).JPG

Loves:

image1 (4).JPG

I tried more than once to order that May Coop Raw Sauce sample. It was subbed each time. Glad it is nothing overly special.

I don't really understand what it does tbh

I have a mini of Hot Toddy that I really need to use. Glad to hear you loved it!

It smells SO GOOD

Spoiler

Loved- Sisley black rose mask,origins mega mushrooms mask,laniege water bank moisture cream,glamglow bright mud,ole henriksen nurture me cleansing cloths,nude detox brightening fizzy powder wash,Charlotte Tilbury goddess skin clay mask,glam glow power mud, SK-II facial treatment essence,Lise Watier flash lift radiance vials,Lise Watier la creme sublime,ren glycol lactic radiance renewal mask,sunday riley luna oil,neostata vitamin c capsules.

Liked- shiseido eye masks,boscia cool blue calming mask,Peter Thomas Roth cucumber gel mask,pur minerals cushion compact, fresh seaberry oil,pur minerals correcting primer illuminate and glow,burberry the beat,amore pacific time response eye cream,neostata micellar cleanser,la praire cellular swiss ice Crystal eye cream .

Did not like - glamglow youth mud-the only glam glow mask I don't care for, Josie maran black oil mascara-I loved how this went on at first but every time  I wore it,it flaked down under my eyes. Bliss fabulous foaming face wash-would like this if it didn't have micro beads in it.

100_5351.JPG100_5351.JPG

The Neostrata Vitamin C capsules are something I'd love to read more about please. 

Glamglow masks are the best. Glad to hear you loved yours!

I have a few foils that I was saving but I got a full size one boxing day,it was on sale on Selfridges and they were offering free shipping to Canada. I was really happy to get it on sale since it is so expensive and I loved it.

I've been collecting my empties for this thread since May of 2014. My husband still throws things out from time to time. He seriously cannot remember to only throw out his things and give me the things we share. It is annoying. I remember saving empties from our multiple vacation spots last December. The maid at the Polynesian Hotel at DisneyWorld threw out a bit of the stash I had hiding in the corner of the room in a disposable bag. She must have looked inside and saw nothing but trash. That was our last stay that trip, so she got a nice chunk of it.

Haha, great gif. This looks like my everyday face.

image.jpegLoves- PTR retinol fusion PM, Clarins uv plus hp multi-protection broad spectrum SPF 40, Dior eyeliner in intense brown (had so long dried out), Paulas choice resist hyaluarinc acid booster. 

Likes-korres yogurt nourishing fluid veil face sunscreen, revive eye renewal serum firming booster, Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief

Nah- Acure day cream, Acure radical resurfacing, Acure Marula oil, bare minerals all over face color in a little sun, dr Dennis gross dark spot sun defense (everyone talked about how it looks like it had gone bad), neutrogena healthy volume mascara (wasn't impressed at all), tarte BB in light, Clinique sheer shaper for lips in blushy, lancome color design in natural beauty, Kat Von d immortal lash (wand is crap and the formula flakes very quickly), PTR laser free resurfacing eye serum (this did nothing for me!), MUFE Aqua eyes in 0L (just thought it was ok). 

Lots of misses this month. Fingers crossed you find more you like/love next month.

I agree.  Bummer on all the misses but at least they look like mostly deluxe samples vs. full sized products.

These are my November/December empties. 

Disclaimer: there are not that many dislikes because I am to the point where I have a pretty good idea of what will and will not work for me. I only collect samples or try out products that I think have a good chance of success.

Loves (regular rotation)

DSCN1328.JPG

See spoiler for reviews

Spoiler

MAC wipes- These do a great job getting my makeup off before I wash my face. I usually wipe my face off, then rinse the wipe with water and ring it out then wipe my face again.

Tree hut shea sugar scrub- holy grail item for me. Gentle but abrasive enough to get the job done

Dr. Jart premium BB- pretty good coverage + SPF 45, note: you can get every last drop out by unscrewing the black cap separating the hard cover and cutting open the soft white container inside.

OH sheer transformation- This is my summer moisturizer because it is so light weight. Since I apply lots of sunscreen during the summer months it is nice to have a light weight moisturizer. I won’t be repurchasing this again until July.

OH ultimate lift eye gel- this jar lasted me a little over a year. I really loved it! Just recently my eye area has changed not sure if it is due to winter or just changing with age I need something more moisturizing though.

Belif the true cream aqua bomb- I used this on my neck and it was very nice. Luckily, I did not experience any stinging that others have experienced.

Butter London scrubbers- These are my favorite remover pads. The amount of remover on the pads varies. Some times I have to add remover sometimes there is plenty on them. I mostly love the shape and texture. They remove my polish with out a lot of fuss.

LOccitane hand cream- these are great especially in the travel size that is perfect for my purse. Absorbs quickly, nice smell, makes my hands soft.

Anthony glycolic face cleanser- I have been using this for a couple years. One bottle lasts me almost exactly a year. Nice creamy face wash.

Loves (new to me)

DSCN1329.JPG

See spoiler for review

Spoiler

Tatcha luminous hydration lifting mask- I saw results after one use. I used it in the evening and the next morning my face was tighter and brighter. At $28 a mask though this is a splurge and I probably won’t buy them often. I think they are great to use the night before a big event though.

Tatcha silken pore perfecting sunscreen- I wore this alone and after applying I did feel like the appearance of my skin was improved.

Aussie spray gel- I repurchased this. I like the spray gel better than a hair spray for my short hair. Disclaimer: I haven’t tried spray gels from other brands.

LOccitane foot cream- I have used the hand cream before but the foot cream was new to me. This is the best foot cream I have found yet, I immediately purchased full size and use it every night.

Sunday Riley good genes sephora sample- this was new to me in Nov and was immediate added to my regular rotation. I get much less blemishes and I am seeing more even skintone.

Makeup forever artist shadow- it doesn’t look like they are used up but they are. These were very nice. Blended well, no fall out, and wore nicely through out the day. Added bonus they did a good job of including colors that I could make an entire eye look with.

Tata Harper reparative moisturizer sephora sample- This stuff is awesome! My face is perfectly moisturized and that is very hard for me to accomplish during the winter months. This was new to me in November but was immediately added to my regular routine.

Foot file- I don’t remember where I got it, but I remember it being super cheap. I file my heels just a little bit after every time I get out of the shower and I have not had any calluses or feet cracking all year. This is the first foot file I have mentioned in an empties post because this one was super cheap, did the job, and lasted a decent amount of time.

Meh

DSCN1331.JPG

See spoiler for reviews

Spoiler

Bath and Body works Peach Bellini gentle foaming hand soap- smelled great, but I didn’t feel like it did the best job of cleaning

Korres advanced brightening sleeping facial- I used to love this stuff for my winter night time moisturizer. I started using it again now that it has turned cold and I realized I have other moisturizers that do a better job.

Ulta 80 round cotton pads- These didn’t blow me away, but they got the job done.

LOccitane amande milk concentrate- the smell is good, but the regular creams are better IMO

The body shop mango hand cream- smelled really good, but didn’t do that great of a job moisturizing

Algenist geius eye cream- sephora made sample I am on the hunt for a more moisturizing eye cream. I put this in the “meh” column because the sample was not enough to see results for an eye cream. I did go ahead and buy full size. So far I like it but am not blown away by it.

Glam glow thirsty mud- I don’t like this for my face but when I get a sample of it I use it on my feet and it makes them nice and soft.

FAB ultra repair sleeping cream- I knew I wouldn’t like this on my face so used on my feet and lower legs. It made them soft.

Fresh sugar lip serum- I wanted to love this so bad because I really like the balms. This felt nice and tasted nice, but doesn’t work. I will stick with my Bite agave mask.

Boscia mini konjac sponge with charcoal- this was a nice gentle exfoliator. I find it is an additional step that I often skip, and didn’t notice any difference between the charcoal version and the regular version that I have used in the past.

Dislike

DSCN1330.JPG

See spoiler for reviews

Spoiler

Deborah lippmann lavender nail laquer remover finger mitt- the pads had plenty of remover, but the finger mitt shape actually make it difficult to remove the polish in the corners.

Beauty 360 nail file- this was a cheap nail file I bought I think from CVS to file my toe nails and it didn’t hold up very long at all. I guess I got what I paid for.

I love that you're getting to a point where you know what works for you. It may never happen for me, but that is probably because the thrill of sampling new things and finding the latest and greatest never fades. 

I love the OH eye gel, too, because it smooths everything quickly. It is not moisturizing enough for me, so I use a regular eye cream under it. I know the eye cream is thicker, but I prefer the results of the cream under this than when I used to do it the other way around.

I've wanted to try that Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub for a while, so I will go for it once I use up some of my scrubs.

I can never get rid of my Bath and Body Works stuff, because I get some almost every gift giving event. Hauled more this Christmas. Yay me!

Interesting.  The OH eye gel isn't hydrating enough for me either.  I never thought to double up with another eye cream.  Do you apply one immediately after another or do you apply the regular eye cream and then wait a little bit and use the gel.  i'm curious because I have a big sample that I've already opened up and would rather not waste.

Somehow I've managed to not get any Bath and Body works stuff for a long, long time.  Though I do really like the candles and the wallflowers.  I would also like the hand soap if they made it possible to get refill containers of it I could use to fill my soap pumps.

I feel like I'm at a point where I have a pretty good idea what types of brands, products and ingredients work for me, but I can't stop sampling and trying new things.  I hear you on being a sucker for wanting to find the latest and greatest things even if I have an arsenal of existing products that work really well.  Recently I tried a lot of different oils and decided that nothing really compared to the first one I tried.

I always put time between steps in my routine. It is not a lot of time, but I alternate between eyes, lips, face, and neck/chest to space things out. By the time I apply the gel, the eye cream has been on for about a minute. I am sure they are meant to be used one at a time, but I like them together. 

When I first bought the full size OH eye gel in August 2014, the OH rep essentially made it sound like a mask for the eyes. She was a really good sales person, too, because she insisted I email her the before and after pictures my sister took. I did, but I'd bet anything she did nothing with them.

That was when I stopped viewing it as eye cream and use it as I do a sleeping mask. It goes on last.

Funny enough, I have never received a B&BW candle, and they look amazing. It is something I would not mind.

I do the same. I try a million new things and none of them measure up to my first loves at times. Still have not found a mascara I like better than Definicils, yet I gift most of those away, so I can try new ones. I do like knowing that people I love get to try the mascara (or any products I love).

Speaking of product swaps, have you tried that Davines Sea Salt Spray yet?

That's interesting!  Feeling the texture of the OH eye gel seeing it as a mask makes sense.  It actually reminds me a lot of the texture of a Origins eye mask I have.  And definitely some good salesmanship on the rep's part!

I actually haven't tried the Davines Sea Salt spray just yet.  I have a Bumble and Bumble one I'm finishing up and then I'm on to it next!  I've been trying to rush through the Bumble and Bumble version so I use it sooner!  The old me would have had multiples open at a time but I've tried to be better about finishing up one thing before moving on to the next.

testing