Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

This is a great description of Aqua bomb!  I also love it!   It's so light and moisturizing!  My skin feels naturally moist rather than covered in lotion.   

Every time I see it mentioned here it seems like it's one extreme or another.  Either people say it is a HG moisturizer or they claim it breaks them out.  I have one from the Play! box and another from one of the promos.  I've been meaning to try them both out.

Anonymous Insider

I'd say I have better (I need rich ones, as my skin's rather thin and dry) ones for nighttime, but this one works great under makeup! 

That's kind of what I've heard too. You'll have to let me know what you think!

I definitely will! I feel like the problem is I have so many moisturizer samples that it's always a challenge to figure out what to use next.

These are some great empties!  What did you think of the CT magic cream?

I enjoyed it! It had a light, pleasant scent and made my skin look great. Sort of more even in texture and appearance. Strangely awesome for using a cream only twice (since it was a foil)! I would repurchase if it was not so expensive.

Sorry for the bad pictures, my phone camera was just not cooperating.

Have/would repurchase:

IMG_1717.JPG

Spoiler
Florapy sheet mask, from Glossybox
OH Truth Serum
pur-lisse soy cleanser - pretty good dupe for fresh
Sephora gel-in-oil lipstick remover
Lancome bi-facial makeup remover
Aerin Rose hand cream
E&J Nirvana White - I didn't finish this rollerball, but it got all contaminated and cloudy, so I'm throwing it out and buying a real one.
NUDE Genius Treatment Oil
LP Full shampoo & conditioner
LP restore hair mask
philosophy hands of hope hand cream
Murad Renewing eye cream
Eos lip balm in sweet mint
Jack Black lip balm in original
Clarins Total Eye Concentrate
BB Invisible Oil shampoo & conditioner
OH lifting & firming eye cream
Caudalie resveratrol eye balm
l'Occitane Almond Milk
Commodity Moss
Phyto Exceptional Mask (hair)
MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme sunscreen
FAB Ultra Repair Hydra-firm sleeping cream
Sephora Super Supreme Body Butter

Just OK:

IMG_1715.JPG

Spoiler
Alterna Bamboo shampoo & conditioner
Dior j'adore body milk
Sephora Lotus sheet mask
fresh lotus eye cream
philosophy renewed hope in a jar eye cream
l'Occitane Immortelle Oil
philosophy Amazing Grace firming body emulsion
Batiste dry shampoo
BB Full Potential spray
Ayres hand cream
Too Faced Hangover primer
La Prairie Crystal Dry Oil
Matrix Oil Wonders hair oil
fresh soy conditioning eye makeup remover
bliss 24-heaven body/hand cream
Origins Ginzing day cream
Phyto Secret de Nuit overnight hair mask
josie maran cleansing oil
Origins Out of Trouble mask pods
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB cream
Ahava eye concentrate
Amore Pacific moisturizer
Origins Planscription moisturizer
Ulta cotton rounds

Nope:

IMG_1714.JPG

Spoiler
Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless
Drybar Detox dry shampoo
NUDE Cellular Renewal Moisturizer (balled up with ALL my other products)
Perricone MD Face Finishing moisturizer (same)
Whish Body Cream - GLITTER. Nope.
BeautyBlender liquid cleanser - much prefer the solid version
Clinique even better eyes dark circle corrector
Clinique take the day off cleansing balm - not a fan of the solid->oily texture
Lorac POREfection primer

Wow you used up a lot of products, especially foils - that's awesome!

Florapy was doing a Cyber Monday sale and I almost bought a few of their masks, but couldn't justify it since I have so many others to use first! Glad to know that I should try them next 🙂

Can I ask what you didn't like about the Drybar dry shampoo? Was it the smell or something else? I've been wanting to try it, but read on Sephora reviews that the smell is terrible.

I also have to agree with the Clinique cleansing balm...the texture is so strange, almost wax-like and then all of the sudden, it's oil.

It wasn't the smell, it was what it did to  my hair. I just don't like most spray dry shampoos, and this one wasn't an exception. I felt like it made my hair worse after a few hours. It did take away the oil, but deposited noticeable product that ended up making my hair sticky/more textured (in a bad, less manageable way) later.

Oh, It doesn't brush out like other dry shampoos?  It just sticks to your hair?  

It does brush out, sort of, but I felt like it did not all brush out. I feel this way about pretty much every spray dry shampoo I've tried, but especially this one. Living Proof is the only spray so far that I would consider repurchasing.

I think it's whatever is in there to add "volume and texture." It does that alright, but then the "texture" gets icky after 6-8 hours. So I only use sprays for the last day before I wash, not for earlier maintenance or oil control.

Great empties!  You really used a lot of foils up last month.  I liked the Phyto Exceptional Mask too.  I think maybe DryBar's Bay Breeze shots are a little more hydrating for my hair type but I still thought this was a great foil for traveling.

Anonymous Insider

Lol, that's more than I finish in a month, on average: )

Good job on those vials! 😄

LOL Thanks!

I've been using them to spray my room or around the house. It's a good way to both get through my stash and try out new scents without committing to wearing them all day.

Anonymous Insider

I do that too, sometimes, but only with the scents I don't like enough to wear:)

full sized products

IMG_7778.jpg

loves

• devacurl no poo cleanser:  
  • origins make a difference cleansing milk:  
  • colourpop shadow – too soon: 
  • sally hansen nail polish blue me away:
  • stila stay all day liner:  
  • mac shadow – soft brown: 
  • sedu flat iron:  this one broke my heart!!!!! broke…in half…and then someone came and did a dance on it! this baby lasted me 10 years and it served me well but its dead! this was the flat iron that took my hair from curly to straight in no time!

• l’oreal concealer:  hated the brush, the product grew on me
  • bath & body works warm vanilla sugar shower gel: 

meh

• biorepublic aloe rescue mask:  
  • etude house immortelle energizing & nourishing mask:  
  • soft soap coconut scrub: 
  • cotton rounds:  
  • bwc lotion: 

no

• maybelline the falsies volume express mascara: 
  • mary kay timewise repair volu-firm eye renewal cream:  there is nothing in the world quite like eye cream that burns your eyes! i’m not talking inside the eyes…i’m talking under eye area! burn! no thanks!
  • josie maran bear naked nail wipes:  

who knows!

these died before i got to play 

• sarah mcnamara miracle skin transformer treat & conceal
  • mereadesso lip treat

deluxe samples

IMG_7779

loves

• origins night-a-mins: 

• origins clear improvement charcoal mask: 
  • algenist genius anti-age cream
  • algenist eye renewal balm:
  • algenist anti-aging eye cream:
  • living proof satin hair serum: 

no

• borhese age-defying cellulare complex exfoliate facial scrub:  wayyy to harsh for my skin
  • estee lauder sumptuous extreme mascara: 
  • kat von d imoortal lash mascara:  what the heck was this wand?! it looked like a torture device – and it sure did torture my lashes!

foil samples

IMG_7781

loves

• butter london scrubbers
  • amore pacific moisture bound refreshing hydrogel
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta peel
  • caudalie s.o.s. thirst quenching serum
  • origins eye dr

• living proof style extender
  • urban decay aging primer potion
  • fresh lotus youth cream

no

• deborah lippman lavender nail finger mitt
  • DHC deep cleansing oil

Oh my!  That Mary Kay stuff sounds awful!   I've never had an eye cream burn!   Eeeeeee!   

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!! I STILL HAVE FACE CREAM AND ITS NOT TOUCHING MY FACEEEEE!!!!

Poor flat iron!  It's definitely sad when one dies but 10 years is a really, really good run for a flat iron.  I remember when I was first using them in college it seemed like I was going through one a year.  Thankfully the one I'm using now has lasted a few years and is still going strong.  Did you like the wider iron?  I used to use a wider one like that originally because it seemed more efficient with all my hair but since then I've decided the narrower irons are easier to maneuver.

I also love your placemats.  So pretty.  I think I may say that every month. 🙂

i like the wider one.  i have a smaller one right now - that i found in my stash that i didnt remember having - and i'm not liking it as much! 

i found those placemats at a dollarama!!! i love the colour and the pattern but they're felt so they drive me crazy!!!

testing