Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Ahhh they look so pretty so I was assuming they were more expensive, like Crate & Barrel.  I agree that color is gorgeous though the felt would probably drive me nuts too.

Anonymous Insider

RIP, sedu flat iron... 

But so many empties! That must feel amazing. 

Btw, the whole make a difference line by Origins is great. Have you tried other things in it? Face moisturizer and hand cream are my fave.  🙂

i learned i use a lot of crap every month!! i don't know how i do it!!!! 

i haven't tried anything else in the make a difference line but i may have to pick stuff up soon!!

I still think using up all the perfume vials is impressive.

Is that the Radiance Clarisonic Brush? What did you think of that? I bought a multi pack and will try that next, but I just opened a luxe brush about a week or so ago.

Not a high volume empties but some much loved products.   This Sisley foundation was my first super luxe makeup item and I used it for many years.  I'm on the hunt for a foundation with similar coverage/finish at a more reasonable price, but imagine I'll rebuy this at some point.

Sadly will not be rebuying the ren balm.  After some testing, this 100% breaks me out big time.  

image.jpg

That is a bummer about the REN Balm.  I'd be frustrated if I got a FS product only for it to break me out.

Luckily this was not FS - it game in that 'Pure Glow Trio' with some small sizes of masks/treatments, so I did not feel too slighted.  I really wanted to like it, so that was a bummer but never know until you try!

Nice!  I tried to buy sisley foundation thus summer while in Ansterdam at Douglas  but the lightest shade was way too dark for me.  I never checked to see if they had lighter options online or if that was it. 

Interesting!  I got it from saks so I would recommend trying it again.  I am pretty fair but it blends beautifully  

Anonymous Insider

was the shade 0 porcelain? It is the lightest shade they make.

I think I'm behind on posting, but here's a few recent empties:

image.jpeg

Loves:

Living Proof Flex Hairspray - already backed up

Clarins extra firming day and night

Radical serum - was free gwp from Saks!

Sephora konjac sponge 

ABH Brow wiz

l'artisan parfumeur noir exquis - so annoyed this sample be a,e empty in my purse after one use!

OH Truth Serum - I never really know if this is doing anything but seems nice enough

That is a really good sized GWP!  Glad to know that hairspray is good.  I have some I haven't opened yet.

I think the truth serum works.  It has lots of vitamin c which keeps dark spots at bay.  It just doesn't work in a noticeable way since the fading is gradual to begin with and then it's all upkeep from thereonin.  

Alright, I posted my empties while travelling but here is what I have at home for the last two months.  I have seen the empties with a twist thread and like the concept.  Since I'm on a no buy I think I'll play that game where items used up equal spending money on cosmetics.  Gotta clear it with the hubs first of course. 

Full sized = $2.00

deluxe= $0.50

foils=$$0.25

image.jpg

Loved- I have either already bought more of these products or plan to.  I forgot to add I am in love with the peppermint cream from Meganlisas site.  That should've gone in this pile,. image.jpg

Hated-

The tatcha camellia cleansing balm is so very greasy.  I had to force myself to get through the two samples. 

The nars audacious went all flakey on my cheeksInto the second week. .  It was good the first week though.  

The mj liner I didn't even get to use.  I opened it and the whole stick fell out on the floor.  

image.jpg

I like this game idea - I started it a few days ago, and I am up to 1 full size and 5 deluxe and foil sizes! I think I may add on a separate category for color cosmetic items like eyeshadow, blush, and lippies since those seem to take forever to use up…and price them at $4.00 🙂

Oh good idea for the pigmented products!    I doubt I'll finish more than one in the entire year, but it makes it more tempting to try;) 

That is a huge pile and a fun sounding game.

I play this game too!  Admittedly, I am well into the negative for 2015....so 2016 I am going to close that gap and use up allll of these things.  I am with you in spirit, hearts!

Yay! Are you on a no buy as well?   I just need to clear out some of it. Having a lot of luxury stuff doesn't feel so luxurious.  It just feels cluttered.  

My problem is that I always want to try EVERYTHING!!!  

I am going on very low buy for 2016.  I bought SO much this year - got married so justified it, and then post wedding had more fun money than I had during wedding planning, and blew way too much on cosmetics.  I feel like I have so much I won't even enjoy it now.  So I am going to just replace things after I "earn" them from empties this year.

Also Hearts, what did you think of the SR cleansing balm?  I have used it a few times and I swear it has changed my skin.  I have been dry and dehydrated and lately I am (almost) oily.  I love it!

1 Reply
testing