Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

I do that too, sometimes, but only with the scents I don't like enough to wear:)

full sized products

IMG_7778.jpg

loves

• devacurl no poo cleanser:  
  • origins make a difference cleansing milk:  
  • colourpop shadow – too soon: 
  • sally hansen nail polish blue me away:
  • stila stay all day liner:  
  • mac shadow – soft brown: 
  • sedu flat iron:  this one broke my heart!!!!! broke…in half…and then someone came and did a dance on it! this baby lasted me 10 years and it served me well but its dead! this was the flat iron that took my hair from curly to straight in no time!

• l’oreal concealer:  hated the brush, the product grew on me
  • bath & body works warm vanilla sugar shower gel: 

meh

• biorepublic aloe rescue mask:  
  • etude house immortelle energizing & nourishing mask:  
  • soft soap coconut scrub: 
  • cotton rounds:  
  • bwc lotion: 

no

• maybelline the falsies volume express mascara: 
  • mary kay timewise repair volu-firm eye renewal cream:  there is nothing in the world quite like eye cream that burns your eyes! i’m not talking inside the eyes…i’m talking under eye area! burn! no thanks!
  • josie maran bear naked nail wipes:  

who knows!

these died before i got to play 

• sarah mcnamara miracle skin transformer treat & conceal
  • mereadesso lip treat

deluxe samples

IMG_7779

loves

• origins night-a-mins: 

• origins clear improvement charcoal mask: 
  • algenist genius anti-age cream
  • algenist eye renewal balm:
  • algenist anti-aging eye cream:
  • living proof satin hair serum: 

no

• borhese age-defying cellulare complex exfoliate facial scrub:  wayyy to harsh for my skin
  • estee lauder sumptuous extreme mascara: 
  • kat von d imoortal lash mascara:  what the heck was this wand?! it looked like a torture device – and it sure did torture my lashes!

foil samples

IMG_7781

loves

• butter london scrubbers
  • amore pacific moisture bound refreshing hydrogel
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta peel
  • caudalie s.o.s. thirst quenching serum
  • origins eye dr

• living proof style extender
  • urban decay aging primer potion
  • fresh lotus youth cream

no

• deborah lippman lavender nail finger mitt
  • DHC deep cleansing oil

Oh my!  That Mary Kay stuff sounds awful!   I've never had an eye cream burn!   Eeeeeee!   

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!! I STILL HAVE FACE CREAM AND ITS NOT TOUCHING MY FACEEEEE!!!!

Poor flat iron!  It's definitely sad when one dies but 10 years is a really, really good run for a flat iron.  I remember when I was first using them in college it seemed like I was going through one a year.  Thankfully the one I'm using now has lasted a few years and is still going strong.  Did you like the wider iron?  I used to use a wider one like that originally because it seemed more efficient with all my hair but since then I've decided the narrower irons are easier to maneuver.

I also love your placemats.  So pretty.  I think I may say that every month. 🙂

i like the wider one.  i have a smaller one right now - that i found in my stash that i didnt remember having - and i'm not liking it as much! 

i found those placemats at a dollarama!!! i love the colour and the pattern but they're felt so they drive me crazy!!!

Ahhh they look so pretty so I was assuming they were more expensive, like Crate & Barrel.  I agree that color is gorgeous though the felt would probably drive me nuts too.

Anonymous Insider

RIP, sedu flat iron... 

But so many empties! That must feel amazing. 

Btw, the whole make a difference line by Origins is great. Have you tried other things in it? Face moisturizer and hand cream are my fave.  🙂

i learned i use a lot of crap every month!! i don't know how i do it!!!! 

i haven't tried anything else in the make a difference line but i may have to pick stuff up soon!!

I still think using up all the perfume vials is impressive.

Is that the Radiance Clarisonic Brush? What did you think of that? I bought a multi pack and will try that next, but I just opened a luxe brush about a week or so ago.

Not a high volume empties but some much loved products.   This Sisley foundation was my first super luxe makeup item and I used it for many years.  I'm on the hunt for a foundation with similar coverage/finish at a more reasonable price, but imagine I'll rebuy this at some point.

Sadly will not be rebuying the ren balm.  After some testing, this 100% breaks me out big time.  

image.jpg

That is a bummer about the REN Balm.  I'd be frustrated if I got a FS product only for it to break me out.

Luckily this was not FS - it game in that 'Pure Glow Trio' with some small sizes of masks/treatments, so I did not feel too slighted.  I really wanted to like it, so that was a bummer but never know until you try!

Nice!  I tried to buy sisley foundation thus summer while in Ansterdam at Douglas  but the lightest shade was way too dark for me.  I never checked to see if they had lighter options online or if that was it. 

Interesting!  I got it from saks so I would recommend trying it again.  I am pretty fair but it blends beautifully  

Anonymous Insider

was the shade 0 porcelain? It is the lightest shade they make.

I think I'm behind on posting, but here's a few recent empties:

image.jpeg

Loves:

Living Proof Flex Hairspray - already backed up

Clarins extra firming day and night

Radical serum - was free gwp from Saks!

Sephora konjac sponge 

ABH Brow wiz

l'artisan parfumeur noir exquis - so annoyed this sample be a,e empty in my purse after one use!

OH Truth Serum - I never really know if this is doing anything but seems nice enough

That is a really good sized GWP!  Glad to know that hairspray is good.  I have some I haven't opened yet.

I think the truth serum works.  It has lots of vitamin c which keeps dark spots at bay.  It just doesn't work in a noticeable way since the fading is gradual to begin with and then it's all upkeep from thereonin.  

Alright, I posted my empties while travelling but here is what I have at home for the last two months.  I have seen the empties with a twist thread and like the concept.  Since I'm on a no buy I think I'll play that game where items used up equal spending money on cosmetics.  Gotta clear it with the hubs first of course. 

Full sized = $2.00

deluxe= $0.50

foils=$$0.25

image.jpg

Loved- I have either already bought more of these products or plan to.  I forgot to add I am in love with the peppermint cream from Meganlisas site.  That should've gone in this pile,. image.jpg

Hated-

The tatcha camellia cleansing balm is so very greasy.  I had to force myself to get through the two samples. 

The nars audacious went all flakey on my cheeksInto the second week. .  It was good the first week though.  

The mj liner I didn't even get to use.  I opened it and the whole stick fell out on the floor.  

image.jpg

1 Reply
testing