Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Awesome empties.  I too am trying to be better about disposing of old things that aren't getting any love and where I know they are unlikely to get any love in the future.  This month I didn't have as many empties as in past months so it was a good excuse to purge a few things.  Now I just need to stop traveling so I can get back home to photograph and post.

Everyone used a lot of sheet masks this month. I am so cheap (so I do not buy sheet masks often), but I need to pamper myself more.

Let's say a few words to the dearly departed palette. Rest in Peace. You did your best.

Before BT I had NO idea what a sheet mask was and for the first while I saw people wearing them here I didn't get them.  I've definitely been using them more but I agree with you, I'm not sure the value is there for me.  That said I was really tempted to buy from BioRepublic during their Cyber Monday deals but I had to remind myself that while I like them I don't love them.  Part of it is because I find the whole experience of wearing a sheet mask a little awkward.  I can never seem to get it to lay as flat on my face as others do and it seems that if I move around too much it starts sliding or moving.

I bought a ton of masks during the F&F sale and tried to use as many as possible to figure out if I wanted to buy them again during the holiday sale. The only ones I'll repurchase are Tony Moly.

That makes sense. I bought a lipstick during the employee appreciation (my first Audacious). I kept saying I would try it before each upcoming sale came. Still have not tried it, but I plan to either tomorrow or Thursday. 

Try more masks! Join the TSB!

I think that is where I saw that cute lip mask (although I am not sure). I ended up buying it just so I can try it out (can't wait for it to arrive). It is going right on. I actually have about 15 masks headed to me and look forward to trying them all.

I did not even think of joining the TSB, because I only want to join a TSB if I have something good to contribute. I have very few sheet masks and most of my applied masks are the ones everyone already has (GlamGlow and the like).

Rest in Peace Master Class II

It went all the way to London with me and served me well for a while.

What didn't you like about the ABH brow gel?

It was difficult to apply (it's a spatula instead of a spoolie). It was easy to over apply and then my brows looked wet for the rest of the day, like over-geled hair. It also didn't take care of a few flyaway brow hairs. My brows are pretty well-behaved, but there are some rebels. ABH did nothing to quash the brow rebellion.

ETA: See below for my idiocy. 😉

Is that a new thing?! Mine has a spoolie...

That is weird - the DS size has a spoolie! I agree it is easy to over apply though - I have to scrape it along the top to get some of the extra off. 

Ahahaha, oh boy. Guys, I may have solved the mystery of why my product sucked so badly. It's not for brows! 

This is what I bought:

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-genius-clear-waterproofing-gel-P384062?skuId=1578731

"What it does: This gel ensures powder makeup, including loose pigments, shadows, micas, and glitter, stay put."

So, like some cross between a shadow primer and a setting spray. But not a brow gel.

Well, I'm an idiot. It's already been tossed in the recycle bin and collected, so there's no salvaging it. That's OK. I didn't need an ABH glitter glue anyway. 

I am now tempted to try the proper ABH brow gel. Hmmm ...

Oh my goodness.  I would have thought this was brow gel too!!

Hahaha that's awesome. 

I'd be very surprised if you disliked the actual ABH brow gel.

I have never even heard of this, but you have me intrigued. 

On a side note, ABH Brow Gel is the best I've ever used. It tames the brows to where they look nicely groomed, and it does not leave them crunchy. I highly recommend you try it.

This thread has inspired me to stop hoarding my beauty items and use them up--thank you for the inspiration ladies. I travel a fair amount and forgot to keep my foils from those trips, but these are my first collection of empties. The time range is from August -November 2015.

Loves--Repurchases---

Philosphy Homemade Honey Bunss 3 in 1 this smells like I want all of Autumn to smell, it's like confectionery in your bath, in your hair, delightful in every way.

Urban Decay Setting Spray--Sandwich in between your make up and THEN it sets all day.

Loreal Nutri gloss Shampoo and Conditioner---My damaged hair felt healthier and shinier, this is my favorite sample of the lot.

All of the fragrances have been discontinued, but if I could I would buy Heavenly Bloom again. I dislike Heavenly but this version is doused in Gardenia and I felt like a spring flower every day that I wore it.

Bliss All about Eyes Eye Cream--Its expensive so I don't purchase it often, but I notice a decrease in darkness and puffiness when I use it.

Dr. Jart BB Cream Is light for the weekend and has the SPF in it that's high enough for my fair skin. I will purchase a big tube of this one day.

Urban Decay eye potion in Anti- Aging --I use this every day, no one has made one that will make me give up my loyalty for this one.

Boi-ing by Benefit Great for zits bad for undereye bags. Worth a repurchase one day.

BAD STAY AWAY --

The Purity 3 in 1 for face left my skin tight as did the Orgins Checks and Balances, not good for me.

Everything else in the bunch were just ok--I've found other brands (or colors in case of the O.P.I that were better--if a friend was giving them away I would take them and use them but wouldn't buy them myself.

IMG_0537.JPG

I have that Wen styling Creme but have never used it. IS it any good or should I give it away?

For me it's merely adequate, if you have something you already love I wouldn't switch to it. It doesn't have quite the hold I want for it when I wear my hair curly so I use it as a product when I straighten my hair.

Would you mind explaining what you mean about sandwiching the UD spray in-between your makeup? I have a little sample of that and I'm kind of afraid to try it because I don't quite know what to do with it 🙂

testing