Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great empties.  I didn't understand that Dr. Jart Night BB at all.  Got it in a Birchbox and it just seemed like such a weird product.  Also with that Urban Decay B6 prep spray I really, really wanted to like it but I'm not sure it made a meaningful difference in skin redness.  When a SA rubbed it into the back of my hand to demonstrate it really did seem like it was doing something, but on my face I'm not so sure.

Same here for both! I used the UD B6 spray daily and didn't notice any difference. And the Dr Jart Night BB.... it confused me. I put it on and ended up washing it off immediately. Such an unusual product.

Yeah.  I think I finished off the Dr. Jart Night BB if for no other reason but to have the empty.  🙂  The only thing I can say is maybe it's intended for girls who don't like to be seen without makeup and are newly dating someone.  But even that is a stretch. 😉

What didn't you like about the Skin Inc. hydration mask?Or the DE facial oil?

Just now seeing this.... sorry for the delayed response! The DE facial oil smelled very strong of smoke/camp fire. Even though I liked the oil, I couldn't get past the smell. For the Skin Inc it made my skin feel dry instead of hydrated. 

The maid in my hotel threw out some of my empties but here's what survived her.  I had to hide these under the bed which seems kinda crazy of me out of context. 

The shu I bought a HUGE bottle of in the green formula.  I also bought the skII in a large bottle.  I'm just starting to see results from using it continuously now.

i love the algenist vitamin c serum though it kinda burns after a peel so I will be avoiding it on peel days.  

The egg cream mask is fantastic, but super gooey!  I got some drip in my eye which was kinda unpleasant. The pumpkin face mask I liked more but it ended up in the garbage where I suppose most people put their...ahem, garbage.    

Lets just say I liked everything in this lineup.  I like to save up minis of my favorite things for trips.image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Shu green cleansing oil?? That's my second favorite (first  being ultim8)!!

I know what you mean.  When I travel I make sure the empty deluxe sample containers and foils go back in my suitcase so they don't get thrown out.  It's probably super weird to those outside of BT but it's really sad to me when I use a bunch of stuff and then lose the evidence.  I somehow lost a small tube of Eucerin lotion I was almost done with in the back of my parents car and I will be hunting for it!

That egg mask looks interesting. I've had it in my loves list for some time. You make me want to order it now as long as I am careful around my eyes. Which pumpkin mask did you try?

I tried the too cool for school 24k pumpkin mask.  I haven't seen it at sephora but they do have it on amazon.   They were around $10 each there.  In Japan they were around $6 so a little overpriced but not really for the quality of the mask. 

You'll see when you try it that it's really goopy.  You'll probably have to squeeze some liquid off the mask in the eye area.  

I'll take a picture later when my cat isn't sleeping on me.  she needs extra loves right now. 

I save my minis for traveling too. They're perfect! 

I'm a little sad I threw out the mini bottle for the SKii.  I should've tried funnelling some in from the bigger bottle.  Now I need to re acquire a mini.   

Anonymous Insider

I haven't posted here since the beginning of September, so I have three months worth of trash saved up, but I'm amazed that some of you manage to finish more each month than I have in three. Seriously, how is that possible? 

I feel like mine look like a lot because for awhile I'd move onto a new product while I still had a tiny bit left in an old container, so now I'm forcing myself to use those containers up.  I think it also helps that for certain categories (i.e. face wash, lotion, serums, oils) I go through one product at a time rather than dabbling between a few.  And like Noncreative I use a lot of deluxe samples and foils.  I've been traveling nearly weekly lately so I've been tasking myself with using up the samples that have been hanging around in my bin for awhile.  It's helped with the clutter and it's been fun to try things vs. just hoarding.

I use a lot of minis each month which artificially makes it look like I am using more products than I really am.

Anonymous Insider

That makes sense:) I love minis, that's what I mostly use up, too. Plus, I travel a lot, so I always take samples with me. It does feel satisfying 🙂

It still feels satisfying though.  

I agree.  Soon satisfying.  My boyfriend thinks I'm such a weirdo when he sees me photographing and commenting on everything at the end of the month, but I love it.

I thought I had posted my empties from the last couple months but maybe I did it on the other empties thread...  I often will forget to post and end up with multiple months worth of stuff which is kinda fun.  It does seem far more impressive.   

Some months you just happen to finish a lot more items than others.  

I find though that if there are fewer items, it's not as intimidating a task to review everything. 

Heh, I tend to do mine in three month clumps too, and I'm always amazed at the regular posters in here.

Anonymous Insider

Exactly! If I posted every month, it would be only a few items 🙂

1 Reply
testing