Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I really like the details, it's so practical to see everything in one place and not have to go see tons of pages to get a good opinion on a product. I also love your categories! 

I've heard a lot of good things about the Tree Hut scrubs. I plan on trying it out as soon as I go through the three containers of scrubs I already have.

I love the Tree Hut scrubs! Agreed on Bobbi Brown Beach, I absolutely love this perfume but it doesn't last that long 😞

I too appreciate the details.  Yes I could read the reviews on the product pages but I love seeing them come from active participants here who I am more inclined to trust.  It's always interesting to me to see what people love and loathe, especially since it's so individual and people can have mixed opinions about the same products.  I also do the same thing when I need to repurchase.  Trying a sample first had really cut down on the FS products I don't care for.  Prior to that I was so prone to buying skincare impulsively and not loving it.

I too really love UD Perversion.  Great volume without clumps.  And ahhhhh you guys are all tempting me with the Tatcha Mist.  I passed on it when I bought the voucher and have been regretting it! If they release a voucher again I have to get it!

I love detailed reviews, so novels are always good with me. I am looking forward to trying Aqua Bomb even more now. 

It's the winter time and the area around my mouth has been really dry. I used the aquabomb for about two weeks now on the dry spots of my mouth. You know that feeling when your skin is dry so it feels tight? I still have the feeling even after the using it day and night. I don't think it's hydrating enough. I feel like it's not helping my skin. Like if I forget to put it on in the morning my skin will feel dry. I want something that doesn't just sit on my skin, I want something that my skin will absorb and improve my skin with use. I even had my boyfriend try the belif true cream because he has bad flakey dry skin in the winter on his face. He feels the same way as me even though I'm trying something different. I'm going to have him try first aid ultra repair cream now. Hopefully it'll help 🙂  

I think the details are helpful and being able to add them in the spoilers helps to make the information not so overwhelming

I have been hesitant to use Aqua bomb on my face (which is it's intended use) because I have heard people complain about it burning. I haven't experienced any burning on the areas I have used it. I will try to do this by the end of the month so I can report about it in my next empties. 

The aqua bomb does burn for a few seconds after I rub it in on my face. Like denaxnguyen said, it does feel like something that sits on your skin instead of absorbs. Thus, I have found a new purpose for it (I always end up finding a random purpose for something that doesn't do what it's supposed to in order to make myself feel better about buying it lol)

Sounds crazy, but I put the hydrating gel on AFTER I moisturize with my CeraVe cream moisturizer now (my skin is dehydrated during the winter). For example, after I shower or wash my face, I put the CeraVe cream on but I don't usually do my makeup right after I shower. Thus, maybe 2 hours later, I will put the Belif Aqua bomb on my face right before I start my makeup routine because I don't want to go back in with a heavy moisturizer right before putting on makeup (makeup ends up slipping). That way, I have a hydrated canvas before makeup.

That being said, I will not repurchase this lol.

I enjoyed the Aqua bomb.  I find the only time I ever experience burning is after I've done a face peel, but I haven't experienced burning with this product in particular. 

I just started using a deluxe size of aqua bomb a few days ago and my face is now broken out. I can't remember the last time I've had any full on break outs so I think it's not the product for me either. 

that is what I was scared of. 

Yeah, I'm not too happy. I think I'm going to stick with my CeraVe, Neutrogena, and Fresh. My skin is pretty happy with that combo 🙂

october empties!!

full sized products

12226285_10154480631358840_1537597786_n

loves

• devacurl ultra defining gel
  • slice of life -icing on the cake lotion
  • vaseline problem skin therapy lotion
  • milani bella cappuccino eye shadow
  • anastasia brow wiz – soft brown
  • estee lauder double wear foundation

meh

• biotherm -aquasource

no

• nars radiant creamy concealer:  don’t shoot me!! 
  • balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths
  • mary kay time wise serum

deluxe and foil sample size products

12231689_10154480631373840_1600373039_n

loves

• sephora brush it off cleansing brush wipes
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta peel original formula

• urban decay anti aging primer potion
  • dior base mascara lash primer

meh

• living proof prime extender
  • boscia bright white mask
  • giorgio armani black ecstasy mascara
  • estee lauder sumptuous volume lifting mascara
  • estee lauder sumptuous extreme
  • givenchy noir couture

no

• lancome cils booster 

The Nars concealer isn't bad for me, but I need an under-eye concealer that not only conceals my dark circles but also the dryness. I use the Tarte Maracuja concealer for that and love it. The UD anti-aging primer potion is my HG shadow primer. I hate last primers in general because even after putting on mascara, they make my lashes look gray.

i have dry skin to begin with and i found this just made that stand out even more! it was like putting an arrow directly to my dark circles with my own lines!!

I didn't like Cils either. I think I got mine in a sephora mascara set. Possibly mine was bad too or sometimes I feel like it's just body chemistry and that some of the things that work fabulously for most still don't for all.

I also love your placemats!

Well, there goes my theory.

I had no idea it was possible to dislike CILS. All joking aside, I wonder if you got a bad sample.

totally possible!! i've got another one but i'm not really excited to try after this one failed so bad! 

My September/October empties!

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

I love/have owned most of these products before (some newer ones I was indifferent towards but would still use) The Dr. Jart Dermaclear and Fresh Seaberry face oil are my two favorites that I repurchased right away from this group 🙂

Is that Whish sample the lotion or shave cream? What did you think of it?

testing