Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

They seem to be opening a lot of new shops in Santa Monica and on AK! I'll have to make a trip out to the Westside next weekend.

OMG if this really works that would be amazing.

Omg I SO hope you're right! I need to look into this.

Ugh, I dread the day I use up all my Incandescent light! I only use Dim occasionally, and haven't found a good use for Radiant at all, so it really doesn't make sense to repurchase the whole thing. Knuevekm, if you find a dupe, please share!

I use radiant over a matte blush or over my bronzer 🙂 If I'm going more natural instead of bronzer ill use radiant for a little bit of warmth

Incandescent light is my absolute favorite too.  I was very close to hitting pan so I started switching to Dim light.  Now I'm very close to hitting pan on both of those although I have quite a bit of radiant light left.  Trying to decide what to do next because I'd rather have a single shade than this palette since I barely use radiant light and have SO many deluxe samples of bronzers, but incandescent was my favorite.  May need to explore some of the other shades as I feel like dim light just reads a little peachy on my face.  But love everything else about this powder.  It makes my skin look so luminous, vs. flat like other powders and isn't itchy like a lot of powders I've tried.

I use dim light occasionally too. It will be the next to go. Dim light is just a little bit too dark so I use it only on my cheeks when I want to look like I have a hint of sun. radiant light is probably never going to get used because if I am going to use a bronzer I usually don't want it to be shimmery.

I am hoping that Hourglass will come out with incandescent light as a single. I will be waiting...

I think you're right.  I've been noticing my face has been looking a little too dark, not dramatically so but still noticeably and I think it's the dim light.  Intrigued by ethereal and diffused but wish they had something that leaned more neutral than cool or warm.  For some reason I thought at some point they were releasing incandescent as an exclusive single shade.

Getting an early start to November. Guests arrive this weekend, and once I started cleaning, I just kept on going. 

Empties_Oct2015.jpg

Not shown:  OH Power Peel, 2-pack

Will (or already have) repurchase(d):

Spoiler
Ahava Dermud Foot Cream
OH Power Peel
Sephora Organic Cotton Pads
Beauty by Earth Lip Balm

Maybe some day: 

Spoiler
fresh Soy Face Cleanser (I liked it, but lower-cost alternatives exist)
OH Pure Truth Melting Cleanser (I liked it, but lower-cost alternatives exist)
B & B Surf Foam Wash & Creme Rinse (I liked it, but lots of good shampoo options out there)

Nope nope nope: Didn't do anything for me or not as good as other products I like

Spoiler
Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Cleanser (stings my eyes)
Sephora Rose Sheet Mask (meh)
Bare Minerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation (meh)
Benefit Roller Lash (smears really bad on me after 30 minutes)
L'Occitane Precious Cream (the temptation to mutter "my preeecccciousssss' would be too great)
L'Occitaine Olive Face Lotion
philosophy Ultimate Miracle
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Cream

When it comes to face creams, I've been really happy with the Clarins Extra-Firming line. It works well for me, so any sample of face cream will not likely be purchased. Since I've found my face cream HG, I'm debating not even trying samples since every sample I don't like leaves me feeling like one more time I didn't use my favorite Clarins. 

I get smearing like that with They're Real and did much better with Roller Lash. Still smeared and clumped out of me from time to time. Benefit mascaras hate me.

I am always amazed how mascaras perform so differently on different people. They're Real stays put on me, but I can't get it all off, and I wake up the next morning with irritated raccoon eyes. 

Great empties.  I LOVE the OH Power Peel.  I just used it last night.  I have sensitive skin and I love how smooth it makes my skin with minimal irritation.  Also happy to hear you liked the Ahava Dermud Foot Cream because I have a container yet that I haven't opened.  Hoping it will be good for this winter when all of me, feet included, sees to be so dry.

I also can understand not wanting to try more lotion samples if you've found your HG.  That is how I am with shampoo and conditioner.  I have my HG products already and everytime I branch out and try something new it's just not as good.  I generally end up saving those samples for trips when it's too cumbersome to bring my FS shampoo and conditioner or to put them in smaller containers.

Dermud foot cream is amazing. My feet are horrible, and it is the only thing that works for me to keep them looking nice in between pedicures. 

This is so encouraging.  I tried the Ahava hand cream and it didn't do it for me so I was almost tempted to trade it out in a TSB, but you are making me glad I hung onto it.  Have you ever tried their Mineral foot cream?  I have that one too.

I have not tried their mineral foot cream. I went right for the heavy stuff. Without a good cream, my feet are gross. 

I like their lighter weight hand cream, I think it's the Water line. I don't like the feeling of having stuff that is so heavy on my hands, so it was a nice balance for me. 

I think that is what I tried.  For some reason it didn't seem to absorb as quickly as the Caudalie hand cream I had been using.  It was fine for before bed but for other times of day it seemed to be slippery for awhile if that makes sense.  It's also totally personal but the scent just wasn't my favorite, which wouldn't bother me on my feet but I feel like I play with my hair so much my hands are often near my face.

I second a love of the dermud foot cream. Really only Ahava's mud line works for me of their products. Well, and their bath salts.

I've been eyeing their bath salts; glad to hear they are nice. I like their lighter weight hand cream and some of their shower gels as well.

I went a little nuts shopping on a trip to Israel a few years back. I'm still working through some of my original stash, but that dermud foot cream is something I've purchased to replace a few times over already. 

They can be a bit overwhelming scent wise but if I'm using them it's generally because my sciatica is acting up and I need to get swelling down, so, they work for that. If I want a relaxing "nice" bath they're not my go-to.

Anonymous Insider

I couldn't wait til November. These Biolage bottles were taking up a lot of space. I liked all my empties this month. Nothing that was disappointing although I won't purchase the Becca primer. 

image.jpeg

I hear you.  Those huge shampoo and conditioner bottles take up SO much space.  I don't blame you for wanting to ditch them sooner.  What did you have from Lush?

testing