Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great empties!  What did you think of the OH Sugar Glow Face Scrub?  I have a tub that I'm just waiting to get to.

Thanks for weighing in ladies.  I love face and body scrubs so if i have to use it for my body it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I didn't like it for my face - too rough, but I use it as a body scrub and it works well for that 🙂

I love it, I bought 4 so I have 3 left. It smells so good and I love how soft my skin feels after I use. It says to use 3 times a week, but I don't have sensitive skin so I use it more often.

October Empties:

Loves - Have or Would Repurchase

IMG_1345.JPG

Spoiler
Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
eco-beauty night cream (from ipsy)
Caudalie Makeup Remover Water
Ulta cotton rounds
Miss Spa Brightening Facial Sheet Mask
Origins Charcoal mask
Mitchell & Peach face oil (from ipsy, sadly only sold in the UK that I could find)
Too Cool for School Egg Cream sheet mask
Commodity Moss sample
Blow Pro dry conditioner
fresh Advanced Lip Therapy
fresh Black Tea eye concentrate
fresh Black Tea Cream
Bite Lush Lip Wipes
Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula face oil
fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Origins Out of Trouble mask pod
Living Proof full skampoo + conditioner
Jurlique Balancing face oil
l'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
l'Occitane Shea Light Comforting Cream
Agave hair oil

Meh - ok, nothing special

IMG_1346.JPG

Spoiler
Sephora Rose Sleeping Mask
MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara
Marc Jacobs O!mega mascara
Alterna Caviar Replenishing Moisture shampoo + conditioner
Bobbi Brown Longwear makeup remover
Bumble & Bumble Full Potential spray - I'm pretty sure the shampoo + conditioner made the actual difference when I used the samples
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea foaming cleanser

Nope. - I didn't actually even finish these, but it's time they left.

IMG_1347.JPG

Spoiler
bare minerals Lash Domination - clumpy. It's not actually empty, but it doesn't work for me at all. It might just be old though. Either way, time for this particular tube to go.
Sephora Outrageous Curl mascara - this is the one with the ridiculously short bristles on the applicator, which I hated. 
nails, inc. caviar top coat - I didn't find that it actually extended my mani, and also it has a pink cast that distorts light and bright colors.
NARS Luminous All Day foundation - maybe the DS size didn't shake up well enough, but this separated constantly, and the pigment clung to dry patches like none other when I put it on, and then it separated quickly on my face as well.
Givenchy ange ou demon fragrance foil - just not a scent for me.

What were your opinions about the Drunk Elephant facial oil? Can you tell me what you loved about it?

Great empties!  I wish I liked the Caudalie Makeup Remover Water more.  I'm guessing you must use it for face makeup and not so much eyes.  I keep hoping for something gentle that can take off eye makeup and this just didn't do it for me.  I feel like an idiot because I just don't get these cleansing waters at all.

Yeah I use Lancome bi-facial for eyes right now. I also really like the Sephora brand removers actually. I use the makeup water as the first step to a double cleanse, I'd never use it by itself and call it good. It's like the equivalent of a wope for me, except the bottle won't dry out lol.

I'm not sure there's a big difference between different brands of micellar water though. I got this Caudalie just to get up to a gwp buy-in at Nordies, but I'm currently using Simple from Ulta to check that theory. There might be a difference, but if so it's more about the scent than performance. Any actual cleansing difference is very slight, and definitely not enough to make a difference after I actuall cleanse.

Yeah, I think I just don't get 'double cleansing.  And I agree with you that I'm not sure there is a huge difference between different brands of micellar water except in scent, as you said.  So far I've tried Caudalie, Simple, and Dr. Jart.

So, I use spray toners, mostly, which do nothing for cleansing since I don't wipe them off, unlike a pour-out toner that I would rub on my face with a cotton pad. So if I don't start with getting most of my makeup off with a remover/wipe/oil, sometimes there are traces left after I cleanse, which then just stay there. If I used wipe-y toners I probably wouldn't bother. 

It may also be that my face IS totally clean with just a cleanse, but at this point it just doesn't feel like it to me anymore. And with my dry skin, I don't want to have two steps that each use a full water wash sort of thing. Hence the micellar water, or remover lotion, or wipe, etc.

That totally makes sense.  I don't tend to notice any traces of makeup left behind, but admittedly most days I'm wearing pretty light makeup.

October Empties

Image (1).jpg

Loves 

Spoiler
Living Proof PHD shampoo, conditioner, and styling treatment
Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
Cover FX Drops
Benefit Roller Lash
Shu Uemura Anti/Oxi Skin Refining cleansing oil
Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner
Bite Lush Lip Wipes
Glamglow Flash Mud
Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer
Jack Black lip balm

Spoiler
KVD Immortal Lash
Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
Chanel Inmitable Intense Mascara

Dislikes

Spoiler
Skin Inc Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara
Belif Aqua Bomb
Guerlain Maxi Lash

Were the Cover FX drops the color ones or infusion ones? The bottle looks small!

These were the actual color Cover FX Drops.  This bottle was a deluxe sample I got from the FXDROPS promo awhile back.  

Great empties.  I have a sample of that yogurt primer waiting to be tried so happy to see it pop up in your loves.  What did you dislike about the Skin Inc hydrating mask?

Well, it didn't do much for me.  I have terribly dry skin and I'd put this on right before bed.  In the morning my face wouldn't feel any more hydrated than if I hadn't applied anything.   You should definitely try that Korres primer.  I had a bunch of them from when it was a point perk and I love it!

Gottcha that makes total sense!

I think that it just wasn't heavy duty enough for my very dry skin.

This months empties were very satisfying to recycle- even a few full sizes!

image.jpg

What are your opinions of the Drybar products? 

Nice!  There are quite few full size things in there and a lip balm.  I swear I lose my lip balms before I finish them.

6 Replies
testing