Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Glad to hear it's rare for you to have that extreme a reaction.  I will admit the whole thing sent me down a rabbit hole of googling and WebMD'ing which left me worried I'd be stuck with it forever.  Thankfully after 3 days of the steroid I **think** it's gone.  Having your face swell up sounds awful though.  While I didn't appreciate having nearly my entire body covered with hives at least it was somewhat easy to cover up with clothing.

That's still an impressive collection of empties!  I only have, like, 3 things, so I may just wait until next month.  

I can fully relate on the deodorant.  I always lose mine too.  I probably have about five containers of deodorant going at any one time.

Thanks!  I've definitely been making it a priority which I think helps and I'm enjoying having a less cluttered beauty area since my bins are not full of a bunch of 1/2 used products.

Anonymous Insider

My empties for October. This is my first time posting. I have a really hard time with throwing things away immediately, so this was a challenge. 

Things I have repurchased or will repurchase: Hair Food, Rose eye mask, MAC Pro Longwear concealer, Too Faced BTW foundation, and Biore nose strips. Everything else was just okay. 🙂

image.jpeg

Are those UD blush cards? Did you not like them?

Anonymous Insider

Yes, there are. I liked them but not enough to purchase. 🙂

I used to hate using things up, like I would use something for a little bit, then move to something else and never finish anything.  But, this thread has been a good motivator for me - now I'm super excited when I finish something.  My skin has actually done a lot better while sticking to a consistent skin regimen, and I've made fewer impulsive skincare purchases, so it's a win win win!

I agree, this thread is good in making me use stuff I already own instead of running off and buying new things I don't need.

Me, too! I also like it because it's full of mini reviews for products. I like seeing what works/doesn't work for people.

Empties October 2015.jpgEmpties October 2015 2.jpg

Spoiler

Love

SoftSoap Kitchen Fresh Hands-

Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion-

Lush Sexy Peel-

h2o+ Targeted Care Hand Wash-

DERMAdoctor KP duty-

Le Couvent Des Minimes Gardener's Hand Healer-

Marula Omega Rich Pure Marula Cleansing Lotion-

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder-

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate Free Shampoo- 

Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter-

Davines Anti-Aging Hand Cream-

Marc Jacobs Decadence- 

Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush Head-

Gilchrist and Soames Bee Kind Body Lotion-

h2o+ Targeted Care Hand and Nail Cream-

Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Aloe-

Curel Rough Skin Rescue-

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream-

Rituals Organic White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren Body Lotion-

Willing to Try Again

Wen Six Thirteen- 

Bliss multi-'face'-eted all-in-one anti-aging clay mask-

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream-

h2o+ grapefruit bergamot body lotion-

Asprey Body Lotion-

Sephora Ginseng Mask-

Julep Don't Leave Your Brows at Home-

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels-

Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Body Lotion-

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Conditioner-

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow-

drybar Bay Breeze-

dr Brandt BB Matte-

Harvey Prince hello body cream-

h2o+ Aqualibrium Sea Mineral Mud Mask-

Josie Maran BearNaked Nail Wipes-

Essential Elements Wake up Rosemary-

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara-

Not For Me

Julep One Step-Polish Remover Pad-

h2o+ Natural Sea Sponge-

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream-

Shine Body Lotion-

I like your designations/category names, I'll have to remember those! I have a huge tub of the kp duty almost finished, it's a nice body exfoliator.

The KP I used is the cream, but I'd love to try the exfoliator at some point.

I don't think I knew there was a lotion! The body scrub has chemical and physical properties.  It stings a little if you have any cuts (i.e. cat scratches) but makes skin soft. I've had to go on a body scrub no buy because I have so many of those too.   

The lotion does not sting, but I did not have any cuts so who knows. I have a lot of body scrubs, too, so I passed on my beloved Bliss kit that went on sale last month.

Loved- Peter Thomas Roth pumpkin mask mini,Neostrata skin resurfacing duo,glamglow bright mud,too faced shadow insurance,Sephora lingzhi sleeping mask .

Liked- Shiseido eye mask,neostrata anti aging serum fruit and peptide stem cells,boscia tsubaki sleeping mask
Just ok-wouldn't get again--tarte lights camera lashes,Vichy pure thermal cleanser(I think this is discontinued anyway or at least the packaging has changed) ,clinique moisture surge,Vichy liftactiv  serum 10,glamgow youth cleanse, fresh sugar lip serum.

100_5246.JPG

I've really wanted to try both the PTR pumpkin mask and the Neostrata Resurfacing Duo. Would love to read more about why you loved each!

They both exfoliate.The neostrata duo feels really nice as it foams up a bit when you add the activator and my skin feels so soft and smooth afterwards,it seems like what I put on afterwards absorbs better.The pumpkin one made my skin smooth as well and smells really good.There are a couple of value sets with pumpkin in them at the moment if you wanted to try it.I had the smallest one first but then I got the bigger holiday one that just came out.I really like the rose stem cell and Irish moor mud masks as well.I have only tried the 24 carat gold one once so far but it seems good too.I usually put the rose mask on as a sleeping mask after the moor mud or pumpkin.

My October empties

loves

20151031_173215.jpg

likes and alrights

20151031_173253.jpg

hates

20151031_173303.jpg

October empties. As I write this, I'm wearing one of the face masks, so this is a very up-to-date list. 😉 In addition to stuff I've used up, I also cleared out a bunch of old stuff I don't like, is of dubious quality, or that I haven't touched in a year.

IMG_6257.jpg

Love: The Burt's Bees face wipes and L'oreal Miss Manga mascara have already been repurchased.

Hate: The Omorovicza cleansing balm made my sensitive skin burn. I tossed the other unopened sample I had of it. I usually donate my unwanted samples, but I didn't want someone to have the same reaction to this as me.

IMG_6258.jpg

Love: Tony Moly aloe mask. My skin has never looked better.

Hate: The Tony Moly Timeless snail eye masks were too thick and heavy to properly adhere to my face. They kept falling off.

IMG_6259.jpg

Starting with this one, the rest of the pictures aren't products I used up, just ones I'm getting rid of.

Love: The Living Proof Restore hair mask was nice, but the tub was gigantic. I always forgot to use it, so it needed to go.

Hate: The Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer did nothing except smell weird.

IMG_6260.jpg

Love: Lancome Kitten Heel eyeshadow. The two Lancome singles are the only ones I've ever bought, after my grandmother indoctrinated me into the cult of high-end makeup by giving me her Lancome and Estee Lauder GWPs. Kitten Heel ended up in a lot of GWPs, and I actually hit pan on it in a few of those (!) so I bought a single. Naturally, I never hit pan on this and soon moved on to other shadows. You can see that I've labeled the other Lancome GWP shadows with their color and formula so I didn't have to open the case each time or try to read the small print on the back.

Hate: The Perricone MD No Blush Blush was a mistake as soon as I purchased it. I should have returned it, but I kept it around to try and make it work. Nope.

IMG_6261.jpg

Love: The UD liquid eyeliner in Eldorado. I held off for months on buying this, and I think I snagged it on sale. But I rarely use eyeliner these days and don't feel good about keeping a liquid eye product for so long.

Hate: Bite lip crayon in Zinfandel. I hate, hate, hate how it applied. The rubbery packaging is also falling apart even though I rarely used it. The only good thing about this is it inspired my custom Bite lipstick I had made at the Bite Lip Lab.

IMG_6262.jpg

A bunch of indie eyeshadows from the now-defunct Victorian Disco cosmetics. My first foray into true indie makeup (i.e., made in someone's basement, not just a small company). They were OK, but loose powder, which I hardly reach for. It was time to toss them.

Nice empties! I deported a Lancôme single recently.  I cracked open the plastic, then It needed more time in the oven but now I might use it every now and then.

I love Kitten Heel and have a few of them myself. Like you, I have not used mine in a while. That Tony Moly Aloe Mask has been on my must try list for a while. Ahh, Sheet masks. I want to use them more, but I hate the per use cost (even on the cheaper ones). 

testing