Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've seen it recommended here to buy the TM masks on Amazon, where they cost fewer than $2 each.

And Kitten Heel is lovely, but it just got lost to my larger palettes. Sorry, Kitten Heel, you didn't deserve such a fate.

I have so many empties pictures saved up and never get around to posting!  Here's some from this month and then maybe I will catch up on previous ones, I've been pretty diligent in getting through stuff, especially skincare

Likes, would repurchase:

Auromere toothpaste

Phytojoba shampoo - nice and moisturizing

Clarins multi-active night - really nice and my skin did well on this

PTR black mud mask sample

Okay, Maybe:

Kate Somerville Mega C serum- I liked this all right, had a bit of a sharp smell, too many other serums to use up and I think I still liked the Algenist GeniusC better

Napoleon Perdis auto pilot primer- didn't notice a huge difference for foundation longevity but I liked it

No:

Stila primer samples - just didn't do much for me

Coverfx  eye primer- did not keep shadow on at all, still just Nars and Laura Mercier primers that work for me

Various other samples not sure I remember what they were!

The Stila rose gold isn't really an empty, just the product came out of the pan so I put it in a z palette!

image.jpeg

All the below are love/likes/repurchases.  SKii Essence was a question mark, and I'll still try some other essences, but I think I might go back to it even though it is so expensive, my skin seemed to do better with it.  

The FAB lotion was he big size I got for my bf last year, I hope they do the big size again, such a good value and he loves that stuff.  

image.jpeg

I've been enjoying Rituals lately. What item is that and what did you think (do not see it on your list)?

I did forget to list that one!  This was a foam/ mousse body wash that came free in Barneys Spring bag. I liked it but have trouble judging any body products - it smelled nice and seemed to clean me, a little goes a long way.  I probably would not purchase but mostly because I have so much body wash stocked up and this isn't something I can't live without.

Anonymous Insider

Oh wow. That's a big tub of cream 😄

I know, I think the regular size is only 6.  I wish I'd bought another!

I am double posting this month. These empties were too good to wait a few more days haha

Hourglass ambient lighting palette, center powder incandescent light (of course the shade I loved was the only palette exclusive shade). loved this powder but I can't justify buying a $58 palette for it. Must find dupe.

DSCN1293.JPG

Bareminerals eyeshadow duo in mixology/congac Deluxe sample. There was a lot of product in the deluxe sample. I used it pretty often and it lasted me a good 10 months. After the first month I bought the full sized product, and glad I did because not long after that the eyeshadow duos were discontinued. I like this formula and the colors.

DSCN1294.JPG

note: sorry picture is blurry.

Hitting pan on these, especially the ALP, is so impressive.

Anonymous Insider

This is my favorite duo too. When I run out I plan on trying out MUG Mirage as a potential dupe... I have no idea what do do for Cognac though.

I rarely use my HG palette, but I mostly only use Dim when I do. If I get to the bottom, it will be on that shade. It's kind of neat to see what it looks like.

The pans on that palette are deeper than I thought. Impressed.

Here I expected them to be deeper.  Silly me.

I meant the BM palette, not the HG palette. I separated the paragraphs for the different product but now realize it can look like I am talking about the same thing in both. When I look at the BM sample palette in person it looks really shallow. In her picture, it looks deeper and she said it lasted 10 months. I'm impressed. 

Anonymous Insider

I've had mine since the summer of last year (edit-full size). I'm sure if I hadn't gotten the Soundtrack palette and Vice3 I'd probably be done with this duo. I put my Rhythm pan on it's side so you can compare the pan depth. A little thicker than a quarter I think?

WP_20151029_003.jpg

I'm impressed! I love incandescent light too but am nowhere near finishing it. 🙂

Wow!  Good job on the Hourglass!!  That's amazing!  I cannot imagine coming close to finishing any of those powders!

There's an Hourglass Flagship store in LA. I read on Reddit that you can call in to place a custom palette order and they will ship it to you. (I think there's a small shipping charge) 

Perhaps you can see if they have incandescent light, then you can make a palette with only incandescent light. LOL

they don't have incandescent...i have friends who tried 😞

Sparklekai is right, they only carry the normal 6 shades. If I happen to be in the area again (which I 100% will be because they opened my favorite Portland based donut shop on the same street :p) I can ask about Incandescent, but they'll probably just tell me to get the palette haha

Blue star in Venice??? I've been dying to go!!! 😛 they also serve stump town there! 

Yes! I passed by a couple days before the opening and they were giving out free donuts!!! It was too late in the afternoon for me to get any though 😞 

I happen to work very close to a Stumptown, which is good for me because it takes about 45 minutes for me to actually get to Venice haha

I heard there was a stumptown by alfreds in brentwood but I'm much closer to Venice (about 5 minutes lol) so I'll have to check out Blue Star this weekend - I've also wanted to go to the Aesop store on AK though they are opening one in Santa Monica place soon! 

Awe for free donuts! wish I would have known LOL

3 Replies
testing