Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've really wanted to try both the PTR pumpkin mask and the Neostrata Resurfacing Duo. Would love to read more about why you loved each!

They both exfoliate.The neostrata duo feels really nice as it foams up a bit when you add the activator and my skin feels so soft and smooth afterwards,it seems like what I put on afterwards absorbs better.The pumpkin one made my skin smooth as well and smells really good.There are a couple of value sets with pumpkin in them at the moment if you wanted to try it.I had the smallest one first but then I got the bigger holiday one that just came out.I really like the rose stem cell and Irish moor mud masks as well.I have only tried the 24 carat gold one once so far but it seems good too.I usually put the rose mask on as a sleeping mask after the moor mud or pumpkin.

My October empties

loves

20151031_173215.jpg

likes and alrights

20151031_173253.jpg

hates

20151031_173303.jpg

October empties. As I write this, I'm wearing one of the face masks, so this is a very up-to-date list. 😉 In addition to stuff I've used up, I also cleared out a bunch of old stuff I don't like, is of dubious quality, or that I haven't touched in a year.

IMG_6257.jpg

Love: The Burt's Bees face wipes and L'oreal Miss Manga mascara have already been repurchased.

Hate: The Omorovicza cleansing balm made my sensitive skin burn. I tossed the other unopened sample I had of it. I usually donate my unwanted samples, but I didn't want someone to have the same reaction to this as me.

IMG_6258.jpg

Love: Tony Moly aloe mask. My skin has never looked better.

Hate: The Tony Moly Timeless snail eye masks were too thick and heavy to properly adhere to my face. They kept falling off.

IMG_6259.jpg

Starting with this one, the rest of the pictures aren't products I used up, just ones I'm getting rid of.

Love: The Living Proof Restore hair mask was nice, but the tub was gigantic. I always forgot to use it, so it needed to go.

Hate: The Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer did nothing except smell weird.

IMG_6260.jpg

Love: Lancome Kitten Heel eyeshadow. The two Lancome singles are the only ones I've ever bought, after my grandmother indoctrinated me into the cult of high-end makeup by giving me her Lancome and Estee Lauder GWPs. Kitten Heel ended up in a lot of GWPs, and I actually hit pan on it in a few of those (!) so I bought a single. Naturally, I never hit pan on this and soon moved on to other shadows. You can see that I've labeled the other Lancome GWP shadows with their color and formula so I didn't have to open the case each time or try to read the small print on the back.

Hate: The Perricone MD No Blush Blush was a mistake as soon as I purchased it. I should have returned it, but I kept it around to try and make it work. Nope.

IMG_6261.jpg

Love: The UD liquid eyeliner in Eldorado. I held off for months on buying this, and I think I snagged it on sale. But I rarely use eyeliner these days and don't feel good about keeping a liquid eye product for so long.

Hate: Bite lip crayon in Zinfandel. I hate, hate, hate how it applied. The rubbery packaging is also falling apart even though I rarely used it. The only good thing about this is it inspired my custom Bite lipstick I had made at the Bite Lip Lab.

IMG_6262.jpg

A bunch of indie eyeshadows from the now-defunct Victorian Disco cosmetics. My first foray into true indie makeup (i.e., made in someone's basement, not just a small company). They were OK, but loose powder, which I hardly reach for. It was time to toss them.

Nice empties! I deported a Lancôme single recently.  I cracked open the plastic, then It needed more time in the oven but now I might use it every now and then.

I love Kitten Heel and have a few of them myself. Like you, I have not used mine in a while. That Tony Moly Aloe Mask has been on my must try list for a while. Ahh, Sheet masks. I want to use them more, but I hate the per use cost (even on the cheaper ones). 

I've seen it recommended here to buy the TM masks on Amazon, where they cost fewer than $2 each.

And Kitten Heel is lovely, but it just got lost to my larger palettes. Sorry, Kitten Heel, you didn't deserve such a fate.

I have so many empties pictures saved up and never get around to posting!  Here's some from this month and then maybe I will catch up on previous ones, I've been pretty diligent in getting through stuff, especially skincare

Likes, would repurchase:

Auromere toothpaste

Phytojoba shampoo - nice and moisturizing

Clarins multi-active night - really nice and my skin did well on this

PTR black mud mask sample

Okay, Maybe:

Kate Somerville Mega C serum- I liked this all right, had a bit of a sharp smell, too many other serums to use up and I think I still liked the Algenist GeniusC better

Napoleon Perdis auto pilot primer- didn't notice a huge difference for foundation longevity but I liked it

No:

Stila primer samples - just didn't do much for me

Coverfx  eye primer- did not keep shadow on at all, still just Nars and Laura Mercier primers that work for me

Various other samples not sure I remember what they were!

The Stila rose gold isn't really an empty, just the product came out of the pan so I put it in a z palette!

image.jpeg

All the below are love/likes/repurchases.  SKii Essence was a question mark, and I'll still try some other essences, but I think I might go back to it even though it is so expensive, my skin seemed to do better with it.  

The FAB lotion was he big size I got for my bf last year, I hope they do the big size again, such a good value and he loves that stuff.  

image.jpeg

I've been enjoying Rituals lately. What item is that and what did you think (do not see it on your list)?

I did forget to list that one!  This was a foam/ mousse body wash that came free in Barneys Spring bag. I liked it but have trouble judging any body products - it smelled nice and seemed to clean me, a little goes a long way.  I probably would not purchase but mostly because I have so much body wash stocked up and this isn't something I can't live without.

Anonymous Insider

Oh wow. That's a big tub of cream 😄

I know, I think the regular size is only 6.  I wish I'd bought another!

I am double posting this month. These empties were too good to wait a few more days haha

Hourglass ambient lighting palette, center powder incandescent light (of course the shade I loved was the only palette exclusive shade). loved this powder but I can't justify buying a $58 palette for it. Must find dupe.

DSCN1293.JPG

Bareminerals eyeshadow duo in mixology/congac Deluxe sample. There was a lot of product in the deluxe sample. I used it pretty often and it lasted me a good 10 months. After the first month I bought the full sized product, and glad I did because not long after that the eyeshadow duos were discontinued. I like this formula and the colors.

DSCN1294.JPG

note: sorry picture is blurry.

Hitting pan on these, especially the ALP, is so impressive.

Anonymous Insider

This is my favorite duo too. When I run out I plan on trying out MUG Mirage as a potential dupe... I have no idea what do do for Cognac though.

I rarely use my HG palette, but I mostly only use Dim when I do. If I get to the bottom, it will be on that shade. It's kind of neat to see what it looks like.

The pans on that palette are deeper than I thought. Impressed.

Here I expected them to be deeper.  Silly me.

I meant the BM palette, not the HG palette. I separated the paragraphs for the different product but now realize it can look like I am talking about the same thing in both. When I look at the BM sample palette in person it looks really shallow. In her picture, it looks deeper and she said it lasted 10 months. I'm impressed. 

Anonymous Insider

I've had mine since the summer of last year (edit-full size). I'm sure if I hadn't gotten the Soundtrack palette and Vice3 I'd probably be done with this duo. I put my Rhythm pan on it's side so you can compare the pan depth. A little thicker than a quarter I think?

WP_20151029_003.jpg

I'm impressed! I love incandescent light too but am nowhere near finishing it. 🙂

Wow!  Good job on the Hourglass!!  That's amazing!  I cannot imagine coming close to finishing any of those powders!

22 Replies
testing