Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

I got some bath bombs. Heads up to anyone wanting the glitter covered pumpkin bomb. Just say no! Glitter everywhere! E v e r y w h e r e! 

I'm the kind of weirdo for whom this is a selling point!

Anonymous Insider

Haha. Better then bedazzling I assume.

Hahaha.  I used to HATE the glitter fallout from some of lush's products.  Then I got a cleaning person.  Problem solved.

I saw those glittery pumpkins and probably would have bought one if my stash was not insane. Your visual is k i l l i n g me.

I bought those Matrix products during Love Your Hair but have not tried them yet. Glad you liked them.

Anonymous Insider

Bwhahaha. 

I usually have smaller bottles that I use to refill from the bigger shampoo and conditioner bottles. I have the 3oz bottles and they would last me about 2-3 months.

Edit: actually I realized that I was using the 5oz Billie before, now it's the 3oz, which I have to refill almost every month. And I usually use other stuff 3 times a month.

That makes sense.  Wait, are you saying a 3 oz bottle of shampoo lasts you 2-3 months.  If so I'm impressed and jealous!  My main shampoo and conditioner are 9.45 oz and 8.45 oz and I swear I go through them every 3-4 months even though I'm also using the giant containers of Devacurl No Poo and One Condition about 1/3 or 1/2 the time I wash my hair.  But then again I've always used a LOT of shampoo and conditioner because my hair is so thick and at the current moment, long.

I'm using the Devacurl products too. But I don't strictly use those products, but only use other stuff like 1-2 time a month. And my hair is not that long and thin. The full sizes lasted me over a year, i bought it back in June last year and am about to finish them now....

I realized i never posted these from September/early October.  I was traveling for several weekends which allowed me to use stuff up.  Things I have repurchased are the Boscia cleansing oil and DDG pads.  The wipes I just used on my hands after I put on my makeup, they leave me so oily I have to wash my hands anyways, so they do not go on the face!  I love this thread and seeing people's empties - has really pushed me to use and enjoy what I have - thanks everyone!

image.jpg

I see you stayed at the Hilton in your travels. What are your thoughts on the LP products?

How did you like the Tata Harper products?

I liked them alot - I got a set (not sure if they have it at sephora) and they felt very luxurious but not chemically.  The scent is very strong, and honestly that bothered me a bit because I am sensitive to scents, but using the products as a "routine" was really nice and my skin felt incredibly hydrated and smooth.    I would consider buying some of the products  - maybe the cleansers or moisterizer.  And I LOVED the resurfacing mask.  Would buy that full size if I wanted something "grainy".

Guess I'll have to smell them in store.  I'm very hit or miss on scented stuff.  Some scents are just overpowering to me and give me a headache.

These are not overpowering - but there is def a "natural" smell up front.  I agree that trying them is the best way to see if they will work for you.  They are not cheap so not something to get and not use, for sure.  

That's fair.  It tends to be the more perfume-y scents that bother me than the natural scents so that's an important distinction.

I'm curious too.  There's a set of a bunch of TS Tata Harper products on Birchbox that is tempting me...

Awesome empties!  Looks like you made it through quite a lot of deluxe samples and trial sized items!  I agree traveling definitely helps.

You know that odd feeling you get when you forget something for months? Well, apparently I was skilled enough to take photo's and write up some opinions on these empties... Back in June lol. I only realized it when i looked at my current empties, and thought that they needed a quick photo and migrate to the trashcan.

So, without any further (long) delays, I present my garbage to you fine folks of BT. From last spring.

skincare.JPG

Skincare!

Not Repurchasing

Spoiler
-Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths: Fullsize 30 cloths. For wipes, these are nice, large, and well moistened. I was using them during physical labor for work, but I much rather do a full face wash after work.
-Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel: Deluxe sample size (3.3 oz). I had used this years ago for a few weeks, and it didn't work out. Unfortunately, it still didn't work out for me. 
-Philosophy Time in a Bottle: Deluxe sample, .07 oz. It's a pretty bottle. Not sure about the elixir inside, since it refuses to come out. Already tempted the tamping of said product due to the airless pump system.
-Kang Skin Bioen Rejuvenating Cream: Full size, 50ml (1.69oz). Gel like, left my skin a bit tacky, and not that rejuvenating. Then again, gel stuff usually doesn't agree well with my face.

Possibly Repurchase

Spoiler
-Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser: Fullsize 4.2 oz. I really did enjoy this during the 6-9 months I had this. It's much more of a summer cleanser for my skin though. When next spring rolls around, I'll look into this!
-Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum: Full size, 1oz. This makes another fantastic summer serum! It's not as overkill on everything as most serums are, but also helps to keep the face nicely balanced. It does mattify the face a bit, and does require a touch extra moisturizer for my combo dry skin. A nice break in-between intensive serums (I'm looking at you Kate S. Mega-C serum!)
-Shiseido Ultimune: Full size, 1oz. It feels good on the skin, but I'm not really seeing any change or alterations in my skin. Perhaps that's a good thing?
-Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Eye Treatment: Full size, 0.5oz. I loved it, and it lasted quite a bit. But there's so many different eye creams that I want to try. Currently using Caudalie Premier Cru the eye cream, and it's almost not hydrating enough. And my dark circles must of faded a bit, because they're coming back now...

Will/Have Repurchased

Spoiler
-Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil: Fullsize 5 oz. I love this stuff. It is still my favorite makeup cleanser, especially when i put it on my skin dry, massage it in for a minute, and then toss a nice warm flannel on my face to wipe it off. 
-First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads: Travel size, 28 pads. I frequently go through this one, although I've been also using other means to exfoliate lately. 
-Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution: Deluxe Trial, 0.5oz. Oh I love you. I've repurchased, and I'm already fretting about how low I'm getting. Now I really want to try other retinols. Any suggestions?
-Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins: Deluxe sample, 1oz. My skin drank this up incredibly well, and will repurchased this when Fall rolls around.
Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair Cream: 1oz. I have a on and off love affair with this cream. When I have it, I love it. But I don't really need it yet - my skin is still in good shape, and it's a bit pricey (who am I kidding, it's a lot pricey). I'll wait till there's a percent off coupon or a deal I can't resist 😉

body makeup.JPG

Body/Hair Empties

I haven't written any reviews, but the item list in the spoiler. Let me know if you have any questions on these!

Spoiler
Body:
Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Pure Vanilla: Travel size, 0.9oz.
Bliss Foot Patrol: Deluxe sample, 1oz.
Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash: Full size 12oz.

Makeup:
CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara in Very Black Blaze: Full size, .37oz.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Deluxe sample, .17oz.

Hair:
Wen Fall Tuscan Pear Cleansing Conditioner: Full size, 16oz.
Oribe Conditioner for Moisture & Control: Full size, 6.8oz.
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Conditioner: Travel size, 1.35oz.
Living Proof Restore Conditioner: Travel size, 2oz.
Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo: Deluxe sample, 1oz.
Living Proof No Frizz Conditioner: Deluxe sample, 1oz.

I'm learning I'm picky about the texture of items.  I don't tend to care for things that are gel either.  Also bummed to hear the Caudalie Premier Cru eye cream isn't very hydrating.  I'm about to finish up a full size Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream that I really like and was thinking I might make my way through my samples before opening another full sized item and would try that next.

If you really like Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream, then you would probably really like Caudalie Premier Cru eye cream. The really nice thing about Caud's eye cream is the thin texture, and it absorbs pretty fast. And if it doesn't work, I'm sure someone around here would be a happy recipient 😉

1 Reply
testing