Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thanks, that's helpful!

Your writing made me laugh. Funny stuff. Too bad I can only heart it once.

Aww, thanks! Thankfully my empties punctuality can only get better 😄

How's the Flamed Out mascara?

I really enjoyed the Flamed Out mascara, and it's still my favorite drugstore. The wand takes a few tries to master, and the effect is a day time version of Better than Sex, that helps hold a curl. Plus, it has a bristle wand, not a rubber one, which means no poking of your eyes when you whack on a load of mascara at your roots.

I'm excited to have more empties to share.  I'm embarrassed to admit this but this is one of the threads I look forward to all month.  It's always satisfied to see the things I've used up and I enjoy reading others reactions to the products they tried.  I also feel like in the time I've participated in this thread I've gone from hoarding my samples to being better about using them and trading the ones that aren't for me in TSBs.

IMG_0032.JPG

Full Size:

Loves

Spoiler

Dry Bar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot - I love these.  My hair is chronically dry and leaving this in my towel dried hair for 30 minutes once a week gives me a nice moisture boost.  I got these as a gift for participating in the hair chat here on BT and have already repurchased.

Davines Oi Absolute Beautifying Conditioner - This continues to be my HG conditioner.  It’s by far the most moisturizing thing I’ve found and my hair looks healthier and is easier to style when.  Already repurchased.

Davines Oi Absolute Beautifying Shampoo - Same as the conditioner in this line.  It’s a HG product I’ve already repurchased.

Eucerin Calming Cream Daily Moisturizer - Eucerin has always been my go to for dry skin.  I really like this product.  I am not repurchasing because I have too many lotions to get through (including other Eucerin products) but once I’m done with those I’m likely to go back to these.

Dove Winter Care Nourishing Body Wash - This is one body wash my BF and I can agree on.  He uses this more than me, but I love that it’s so moisturizing.

CVS Pharmacy Epsom Salt - I’ve been working out a lot more lately and this seems to be good for dealing with muscle cramps.  Already have a second bag in reserve.

Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask - I really like this mask.  It is very soothing and moisturizing.  However, I think I prefer masks with a creamier texture.  I have a lot of other masks to get through, but would consider getting this again.

Celebrate Body Lotion - Loved this.  It seems to only be a seasonal offering otherwise I would buy more.  I loved both the texture and the scent.  Thankfully I have a backup.

Spoiler

Cover FX Calming Primer - This did a nice job of priming my skin for makeup and was gentle and non irritating, but I’m not 100% convinced it did anything for redness.

Swisspers Cotton Rounds - I haven’t tried Shiseido Cotton so I’m fine with these very basic rounds.  I don’t know if I want to know what I’m missing out on.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads - These work when I’m lazy, however they do require rinsing so they’re not AS convenient as other face wipes.  But I do like that they don’t dry my skin out.

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum - This was originally a love for me, but I’ve since decided I think facial oils do a better job of making my skin feel soft, hydrated, and supple.

Meh

Spoiler

Simple Cleansing Micellar Water - I don’t think I get this kind of product, at all.  It doesn’t do as good of a job of removing makeup as other things and it’s not as moisturizing as my chosen toners.

Ahava Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream - I don’t think this does as good of a job of absorbing as other hand creams and I don’t care for the smell.

Deluxe Samples & Foils:

Loves

Spoiler

SKII Moisturizing Cream - I really liked this.  It was moisturizing in the context of my routine and I liked the scent and feel.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - Before I was meh on this because I wasn’t sure about the results and disliked the sticky feel.  It’s still sticky but I love what this does for my skin in conjunction with a face oil.  The products seem to work better together than on their own.

Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths Oil-Free Pore Refining - Admittedly these aren’t meant for my skin type but I LOVE Eucalyptus.

Marc Jacobs Full Coverage Concealer 1 Awake - Already purchased in full size.  I love everything about this.  Color and coverage are perfect.

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream - This is my HG hand cream.  I love the scent, how it absorbs quickly, and how well it moisturizers.  Already repurchased.

Davines Love Lovely Smoothing Conditioner x2 - I like this a lot, and already have a full size.

Buxom Lips Rosie - I got this in a set and am sad to learn that I don’t think it is sold on its own (not that I have any shortage of lip glosses).  It’s described as a  ballerina pink hue and it is very wearable.

Sundari Firming Gotu Kola and Walnut Body Exfoliator - I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I did.  The scent wasn’t my favorite but I loved how soft my skin was afterwards.  It still doesn’t unseed Lush Ocean Salt as my favorite exfoliator but it’s good.

GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment - I really liked these.  They seem very hydrating for the eye area and I liked the scent and feel.

Caudalie Premier Cru L’elixir -  I tried many face oils.  My skin seemed to benefit from all of them but I decided I liked the scent and texture of this one the most.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask Set - I'm relatively new to fiber masks so I've only tried a couple so far, but I really liked this one.  Per some recommendations on the board, I put it in the refrigerator before use and it was so soothing.  I'm also a huge fan of cucumber so I like that they actually smelled cucumber-y.  It felt really nice on and my skin has a nice glow now.  It's hard for me to justify fiber masks because they seem so spendy per use vs. getting a container, but I do like them as a change of pace and this seems like one I would buy.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - This was really nice, if not particularly unique.  Like most FAB products I've tried the scent is soft and it kept my skin feeling soft all day, without making my skin sticky or greasy.

Spoiler

Buxom Lash Mascara - This was good.  I liked that it didn’t make my lashes clump up, but it wasn’t anything special.

Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment x2  - This was relatively hydrating as far as eye creams go but I like the current eye cream I am using (Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream) more.

Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray - I didn’t care for this on my own but combined with my usual DevaCurl products it seemed to make my waves more defined.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - This was fine but I’m not sure I saw a tangible benefit to my skin (hard in one use anyway) and normally I have no problem leaving my mask on the allotted time or more but this became itchy.

Surf Foam Wash and Creme Rinse  - Did a surprisingly nice job at leaving my waves soft and defined when used as part of my routine.

BareMinerals Naturally Luminous Purifying Facial Cleanser - Fine, nothing notable positive or negative.

Dior Dream Skin - Fine, nothing notable positive or negative.

Givenchy Photo Perfection #101 Beige - Good foundation, but not sure I like it more than what I’m currently using.

Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Creme SPF 15 - Good, but don’t love more than current cream.

Seaberry Moisturizing face Oil x2 - Did great things for my skin but prefer the scent and feel of the Caudalie oil.

Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths - Good in a pinch to freshen up after a trip to the gym.

Derma C Evenly Radiant Dark Circle Eye Cream - Fine, nothing notable positive or negative.

Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask - I like this but I can’t decide if it’s better than over overnight masks.

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner - Good but like Davines Oi better.

Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream - Good but prefer my current eye cream.

Davines Momo Moisturizing Shampoo - Like other Davines products better

Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Creme x2 - Good, but not noticeably better than other creams I’ve used, Eucerin included.

Josie Maran Argon Exfoliating Cleansing Powder - The form was interesting but I found it kind of putsy to deal with.

Cover FX Illuminating Primer - Set up a nice base for my makeup but I’m not sure how illuminating it is by the time I put my foundation on over the top.

Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker - Moisturizing but don’t necessarily love more than other creams.

Meh

Spoiler

Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action - Too heavily fragranced for me.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate - Dislike everything about this - texture, scent, and how it makes my skin feel.  Seems too harsh for me.

Benefit BadGal Lash - I think I just don’t like most Benefit mascaras.  Don’t care for this.

Jurlique Radiance Serum

Derma C Evenly Radiant Brightening Night Creme x2 - Didn't care for this at all.  The feel of this was terrible to me, sticky and unpleasant.

Deva Curl Heaven N Hair Moisturizing Treatment - I love Deva Curl so I really wanted to love this but I swear it did very little for my hair.  I find the Dry Bar Hydrating Shots much more effective.

Cetaphil Skin Restoring Body Wash - Ugh.  Can't tell if this went bad or if it is just a stinky product but the smell was unbearable for me.

Expired

Spoiler

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Elixir

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with Sunscreen

I look forward to this thread, too. I used to prefer the hauls thread, because seeing the goodies when they're new and pretty has an allure. Though I still love that thread, I prefer this one. Once the new, shiny stickers wear off, I want to know what people think of them. 

Great job. You finished a lot of stuff.

I am going to try another Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot soon to see if they're any better when my head is not sunburned. What benefits do you notice? My scalp is so dry that these sound magical, but I did not notice a big difference after the first one. 

I tried a small sample of the Simple cleansing water myself and was not impressed with the sample. It was awkward. I'd be willing to try the cleansing water again in an actual bottle. I never use the cleansing waters to remove makeup or as a toner. I use it alone on evenings I do not wear makeup or use it after a makeup wipe on nights I do. My dry skin feels better when I do not do two full washes a day, but makeup remover alone does not leave me with a clean feeling. This leaves my skin clean and picks up residual makeup left behind by the wipe.

I used Lush Ocean Salt recently (I know you said you loved it in the pm) and thought it was a little harsh for my face (compared to Exfolikate). If I mix it with a little water, that helps a lot. I think I still prefer Exfolikate, but I definitely prefer the way Ocean Salt smells (so good).

My scalp is usually okay in the summer and fall so I haven't noticed any scalp benefits yet.  I use these more for my hair since it is coarse and after two courses of accutane in the past it is incredibly dry and my scalp doesn't produce much oil on its own.  These help my hair to be more soft and manageable and just look healthier in general.

As for the ocean salt I use it mostly on my body but for some reason my face als tolerates it better than exfoliate even though the particles are pretty large.

I have not tried it on my body yet, because I am finishing off another scrub first. I actually have a ton of face scrubs open, but I could not help myself from trying it there.

Anonymous Insider

Wow. Did you finish all these the same month? This is probably the biggest empties I've seen on this thread 😄

Pretty close to it.  I posted late so there is an extra week and a half or so in here.  A couple were expired and my boyfriend helps with the body wash but otherwise, yes.  Thanks to this thread I've been making a really conscious effort to use up what I have before buying more, especially samples and products where I've been down to the dregs for awhile.  I used to be so bad about buying something new when I still had a 1/4 or so left of an existing product and now I've been in use it up mode.  Unless I really hate it and then I'll just toss it.

Anonymous Insider

I'm the same way, but mainly because I'm back in school for my master's and don't really have disposable income anymore. Lol. I've only spent about $400 total on beauty stuff this year (I realize this would sound ridiculous to most people - ONLY $400! Haha) I'm not even going to get anything during the sale. Well, at least, I'm not planning to. You're doing a great job with those empties 🙂

That's really impressive!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks 🙂

Wow, that's quite a few empties. Maybe I'll finally try my bottle of Dry Bar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot 🙂

They are really great.  I love them for dry hair!

CAM00162.jpg

Not many empties this month.  Must do better!  

Love: 

Origins Checks and Balances face wash- I like minty, foamy face washes.

Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme- not the sort of thing I usually like at all.  I hate both Black and Velvet Orchid.  This one surprised me.  

Fresh Rose Gel Moisturizer- my new favorite summer moisturizer.  Smells beautiful.

Like: 

Sephora Mango handwash- nice fruity scent, got it in the sale section.  Not worth it to me at full price, but for $5, why not?

Hermes- Le Jardin de M. Li- this one has been growing on me.  I didn't like it much at first, but the kumquat really seems to be mellowing out the more I use it.  Or I've just gotten used to it.  Whatever.

Nude Rescue Oil- okay, though not a standout.  I liked the herbal scent.

Meh: 

- Bumble and Bumble Surf shampoo and conditioner- really no better for me than a drugstore shampoo

- Bumble and Bumble Full Potential- (that's those blue packets that refuse to show up in the picture).  I actually really like how this works, but really hate how it smells.  Smells like old-school hairspray.  Why?

Hey guys! It's my fist time posting, so here are my empties to date. 🙂

IMG_20151008_145318.jpgLove It

Spoiler
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Sweet Citrus
Vita Liberita SPF 50 Dry Oil
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
Lush Retread Hair Conditioner
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Skin Inc. Custom Serum with Licorice, Vitamin C, and Hylaronic acid
Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum (SPF 30)

Like It

Spoiler
fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
Marc Jacobs Mod Noir
Ralph Lauren Romance
Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47
Nude Perfect Cleanse
Josie Maran Bear Naked wipes
air repair Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light

Meh

Spoiler
Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

Nope

Spoiler
MDM flow Greater than Mascara
(not Pictured) Boscia Charcoal Deep Pore Cleansing Treatment

Do you use the Supergoop under foundation or with moisturizer? If so, does it crumble?

When I wear foundation I put it underneath my foundation with primer in between. If I'm not wearing foundation I'll put it underneath my moisturizer. I use a liquid foundation and I've never had any problem with either my foundation or the Supergoop crumbling. It actually reminds me of a (very) light moisturizer, but I also moisturize very heavily at night so that probably effects it.

Ditto.  I use it as I would use any other serum.  It plays well with makeup, moisturizer, face oils, etc.

testing