Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I find it varies from batch to batch, too.

I find there can be a lot of variation between batches of makeup wipes for any brand I've tried, even with these my current pack isn't nearly as good as the last one

Here are my September empties, not as much this month as I've been too busy and stressed to bother with a full skincare routine or trialing anything new.

The Purity cleanser wasn't a true "empty" since our cleaning lady knocked it over 😞 

Also, I didn't realize how many perfume vials I got through this month! Most of them to be honest weren't worn on me so much as they were used just to spray my room whenever I was in it (like the mens ones I couldn't use)- yes that is 14 vials!

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Excellent

Philosophy Purity cleanser

Shiseido cotton pads

Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality cleanser

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin polish

Fresh Advanced Lip Therapy

Drybar Sake Bomb shampoo

Drybar Sake Bomb conditioner

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream

Good

Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo x2

Ok

Kiehl's Crene de Corps

Colgate Total

Fresh Rose Face Mask - nothing good happens, nothing bad happens

Perfume Vials - they were all good, not necessarily earth shattering

Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey

Burberry -  My Burberry

Versace - Bright Crystal (started off good but then not so much)

Marc Jacobs - Daisy Dream ( not as good as Daisy)

Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning

Cartier - Baiser Vole

Ralph Lauren - Midnight Romance

Elizabeth and James - Nirvana Black (already own this)

Estee Lauder - Modern Muse (doesn't last very long)

Escada - Especially Escada

Victor and Rolf - Flowerbomb

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver

Replica - Beach Walk

Not Shown

Pantene BB Shampoo - I expected that "BB" for haircare was gimmicky but this was terrible. I couldn't use it more than once consecutively without major buildup. In the end this was used as more of a shaving cream.

I've definitely had those unintentional empties.  😞  I too really love that LM Face Polish.  Usually I'm not one for skincare products from cosmetic brands but I really like everything about this, feel, scent, and results.  I tried Exfoliakate recently and it just made me miss this product.

I'm not a fan of facial scrubs normally, but I was very impressed this month by both the LM and EL ones 🙂

Not many empties for me in September

DSC02255 (2).JPG

What's the Nude Skincare item between the two (I assume) oils?

It's a face cream

Great empties!  What is the product in the dropper bottle?

That is the Previse Nutrify 1-6 Toner. I received it from BoxyCharm. It was a full size bottle and it lasted me 6 months

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

nothing that i didn't love this month but a couple of stand outs 

• bioderma makeup wipes
  • cinema secrets brush cleaner
  • sally hansen polish 
  • urban decay subversion lash primer
  • soap and glory righteous butter
  • beyond the zone last call hair masque
  • origins night-a-mins
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta daily peel

How was the mask?  I assume just okay because it didn't get a callout.  I'm getting it in my birchbox next month.

it was ok...it felt nice but it wasn't anything amazing! i'd use another one but i wouldn't kill trying to get one

IMG_5855.jpg

I didn't really have any fails this past month, so I've divided my empties into "will repurchase" and "good, but won't repurchase."

WILL REPURCHASE

- Burt's Bees sensitive face wipes

- Store-brand cotton rounds and cotton swabs

- Clarisonic sensitive head

- Sephora lip balm

GOOD, BUT WON'T REPURCHASE (at least right now)

- It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk shampoo and conditioner

- Karuna Anti-Oxidant face masks

- FAB Facial Radiance Pads—here's the cool thing about these: I bought them in January and they never dried out. However, they were too harsh for me to use frequently, hence why it took me nine months to use them up.

- Butter London Scrubbers—in other threads, people were talking about how much one scrubbing pad can take off. I believe the pad took polish off one hand, although I went in later with a cotton round soaked in polish remover to clean off any leftover polish.

- Nars Skin Aqua Free Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer—GWP that was fine, but I'll stick to Nars for makeup, not skincare.

-  Kate Somerville ExfoliKate—eh, I don't see all the fuss.

- Nars Audacious mascara—sometimes it flaked, but sometimes it didn't.

- Marc Jacobs Omega Lash in Blacquer—I can't remember anything about this, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

- GlamGlow BrightMud eye pod

I definitely have to add more nail polish remover to the butter london scrubbers in order to get polish off all 10 nails. But I like the scubber pads better than a cotton round so I don't mind. 

And I certainly didn't mind since it was a free sample. 😉

I don't care for Exolikate either.  I have the sample in my empties as well and it took me forever to finish it because it was just too harsh for my skin and I hated the smell.  Surprised to hear the FAB facial radiance pads were too harsh.  I loved them because they are pretty gentle to my skin.  Just shows how individual skin is.  I'm also impressed you used up two lip balms.  I swear I always have a million going and lose them before I had a chance to finish them.

I also thought the Exfolikate was meh as well. I have yet to find a good face scrub I love. All the ones I tried are either meh or worse. A preview of my next empties, the Dr. Jart scrub I got a sample of irritated my face. Not many products do so that's saying something.

I keep one Sephora balm by my bed and another by my lipsticks (so, you know, four feet apart) and tend to go through at least one a month. I buy them in bulk during Sephora sales.

I'm impressed you had a month with no fails. I love BrightMud and Exfolikate.

I've never tried Wal-Mart store brand cotton rounds, but if they're good enough to repurchase, please tell me more about them.

These aren't the Wal-Mart ones (I somehow live in a part of America where a bunch of other chain stores are closer than WM, so I've never really shopped there), but are the store-brand from a local Chicago grocery chain. 

I liked the BrightMud eye pods to buy the set at last year's holiday sale, but since I'm still using them up now, I clearly don't love them enough to use up in a timely fashion, so I guess I'll skip them this year. ExfoliKate ... I guess I don't see what's so great compared to other exfoliators? If anything, this one felt a little rough on me.

testing