Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

i keep looking at this thread..... i really should do this.... good way to actually make dents in all my foils and products  

Anonymous Insider

Loves

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nope

image.jpeg

Great empties!  Impressive seeing that candle used all the way to the bottom!

I feel like I had so many empties last month!  When I pulled out the bag to take my photograph (not gonna lie) I felt strangely proud of myself.

im106159age.jpeg

The Good:

-NUDE Purify clay mask (my HG, have repurchased)

-PTR Oilless Oil (a good all purpose facial oil)

-DDG Colloidal Sulfur Mask mini (great for overnight spot treating pimples)

-Skin Iceland 2 step Fresh Start mask (good for tingly clean skin)

-Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser (an interesting new cleanser for me, love it mixed with Good Genes)

The Meh: 

-PTR Camu Camu Sleeping Mask (too thick, weird Kahlua-like smell)

-Patyka Pink Clay mask (annoying packaging, felt slightly greasy for a mud mask)

-Algenist Complete Renewal Eye Balm (confused by the hype of this, actually)

-Body Shop Chocomania (still working my way through these, I think I have one more left)

-Balea Sensitive Skin facial makeup remover wipes (good for travel)

-Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 samples (tried using these while I was having all the breakouts, but my skin does not react to salicylic acid at all)

-Dr Jart WaterFull Hydrogel mask (this is the second time I've used one, and it was better when I chilled it beforehand and left it on much longer than the recommended time)

-Dr Jart Pore Minimalist (other than making me look like Batman, I did not enjoy this.  Made my skin tight and slightly itchy)

- Skin Republic Anti Spot + Blemish mask (not sure if results are more noticeable with cumulative use, but this doesn't do much for me, except make a mess)

Great empties!  I have the same feeling.  I keep my empties in a bag under my bathroom sink and I look forward to pulling it out at the end of the month and seeing what I've gone through.  Is that Algenist Complete Renewal Eye Balm really hydrating.  Trying to decide if I should add it to a TSB.  My skin is SUPER dry, eye area included, so I can only do things that are really emollient.  So gels are out but not sure about balms.

kelloua, I find the Algenist eye balm moderately hydrating, but I have combo oily skin.  

Considering that it doesn't give me puffy deposits under my eyes that I've experienced from other more emollient creams, it's ok, but I just felt it was way more hyped up than it was worth.  It is somewhere between a gel and a cream consistency.  It's not as heavy feeling as a cream, but heavier than a gel.

That's helpful to know!  My skin is super dry so moisture is usually my issue to lessen the appearance of my fine lines there.

I use the exact Balea wipes, they've been a part of my "excellent" empties for months now - good for the price.

did i get a bum batch or has the bioderma just spoiled me?! i find these don't get my makeup off...

I find it varies from batch to batch, too.

I find there can be a lot of variation between batches of makeup wipes for any brand I've tried, even with these my current pack isn't nearly as good as the last one

Here are my September empties, not as much this month as I've been too busy and stressed to bother with a full skincare routine or trialing anything new.

The Purity cleanser wasn't a true "empty" since our cleaning lady knocked it over 😞 

Also, I didn't realize how many perfume vials I got through this month! Most of them to be honest weren't worn on me so much as they were used just to spray my room whenever I was in it (like the mens ones I couldn't use)- yes that is 14 vials!

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Excellent

Philosophy Purity cleanser

Shiseido cotton pads

Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality cleanser

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin polish

Fresh Advanced Lip Therapy

Drybar Sake Bomb shampoo

Drybar Sake Bomb conditioner

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream

Good

Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo x2

Ok

Kiehl's Crene de Corps

Colgate Total

Fresh Rose Face Mask - nothing good happens, nothing bad happens

Perfume Vials - they were all good, not necessarily earth shattering

Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey

Burberry -  My Burberry

Versace - Bright Crystal (started off good but then not so much)

Marc Jacobs - Daisy Dream ( not as good as Daisy)

Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning

Cartier - Baiser Vole

Ralph Lauren - Midnight Romance

Elizabeth and James - Nirvana Black (already own this)

Estee Lauder - Modern Muse (doesn't last very long)

Escada - Especially Escada

Victor and Rolf - Flowerbomb

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver

Replica - Beach Walk

Not Shown

Pantene BB Shampoo - I expected that "BB" for haircare was gimmicky but this was terrible. I couldn't use it more than once consecutively without major buildup. In the end this was used as more of a shaving cream.

I've definitely had those unintentional empties.  😞  I too really love that LM Face Polish.  Usually I'm not one for skincare products from cosmetic brands but I really like everything about this, feel, scent, and results.  I tried Exfoliakate recently and it just made me miss this product.

I'm not a fan of facial scrubs normally, but I was very impressed this month by both the LM and EL ones 🙂

Not many empties for me in September

DSC02255 (2).JPG

What's the Nude Skincare item between the two (I assume) oils?

It's a face cream

Great empties!  What is the product in the dropper bottle?

That is the Previse Nutrify 1-6 Toner. I received it from BoxyCharm. It was a full size bottle and it lasted me 6 months

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

nothing that i didn't love this month but a couple of stand outs 

• bioderma makeup wipes
  • cinema secrets brush cleaner
  • sally hansen polish 
  • urban decay subversion lash primer
  • soap and glory righteous butter
  • beyond the zone last call hair masque
  • origins night-a-mins
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta daily peel

How was the mask?  I assume just okay because it didn't get a callout.  I'm getting it in my birchbox next month.

2 Replies
testing