Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

it was ok...it felt nice but it wasn't anything amazing! i'd use another one but i wouldn't kill trying to get one

IMG_5855.jpg

I didn't really have any fails this past month, so I've divided my empties into "will repurchase" and "good, but won't repurchase."

WILL REPURCHASE

- Burt's Bees sensitive face wipes

- Store-brand cotton rounds and cotton swabs

- Clarisonic sensitive head

- Sephora lip balm

GOOD, BUT WON'T REPURCHASE (at least right now)

- It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk shampoo and conditioner

- Karuna Anti-Oxidant face masks

- FAB Facial Radiance Pads—here's the cool thing about these: I bought them in January and they never dried out. However, they were too harsh for me to use frequently, hence why it took me nine months to use them up.

- Butter London Scrubbers—in other threads, people were talking about how much one scrubbing pad can take off. I believe the pad took polish off one hand, although I went in later with a cotton round soaked in polish remover to clean off any leftover polish.

- Nars Skin Aqua Free Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer—GWP that was fine, but I'll stick to Nars for makeup, not skincare.

-  Kate Somerville ExfoliKate—eh, I don't see all the fuss.

- Nars Audacious mascara—sometimes it flaked, but sometimes it didn't.

- Marc Jacobs Omega Lash in Blacquer—I can't remember anything about this, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

- GlamGlow BrightMud eye pod

I definitely have to add more nail polish remover to the butter london scrubbers in order to get polish off all 10 nails. But I like the scubber pads better than a cotton round so I don't mind. 

And I certainly didn't mind since it was a free sample. 😉

I don't care for Exolikate either.  I have the sample in my empties as well and it took me forever to finish it because it was just too harsh for my skin and I hated the smell.  Surprised to hear the FAB facial radiance pads were too harsh.  I loved them because they are pretty gentle to my skin.  Just shows how individual skin is.  I'm also impressed you used up two lip balms.  I swear I always have a million going and lose them before I had a chance to finish them.

I also thought the Exfolikate was meh as well. I have yet to find a good face scrub I love. All the ones I tried are either meh or worse. A preview of my next empties, the Dr. Jart scrub I got a sample of irritated my face. Not many products do so that's saying something.

I keep one Sephora balm by my bed and another by my lipsticks (so, you know, four feet apart) and tend to go through at least one a month. I buy them in bulk during Sephora sales.

I'm impressed you had a month with no fails. I love BrightMud and Exfolikate.

I've never tried Wal-Mart store brand cotton rounds, but if they're good enough to repurchase, please tell me more about them.

These aren't the Wal-Mart ones (I somehow live in a part of America where a bunch of other chain stores are closer than WM, so I've never really shopped there), but are the store-brand from a local Chicago grocery chain. 

I liked the BrightMud eye pods to buy the set at last year's holiday sale, but since I'm still using them up now, I clearly don't love them enough to use up in a timely fashion, so I guess I'll skip them this year. ExfoliKate ... I guess I don't see what's so great compared to other exfoliators? If anything, this one felt a little rough on me.

Bummer. I was thinking of heading to Wal-Mart to pick some of these up. I mostly shop Target, but I remembered Wal-Mart's store brand starts with something similar to that. After looking it up, I now see it is Equate.

I was going to say, I live in Chicago too and isn't that the store brand from the jewel.  Living in Chicago I cant remember the last time I went to a Walmart which is fine because i love target.

Yep, Jewel-Osco!

Quick empty update since it has been forever since I've been on BT. I miss you guys. Finally in NC - haven't settled but after 1600 miles and not knowing anyone.. there's a lot to get used to!

These empties have been for the past two months.

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg 

how old was the beauty blender you threw out? I clean mine often but I figured it has a shelf life regardless of how much I clean it.

I throw mine out every four months or so.. I've had one last five months, but only because I was not using it nearly as much.

I think they recommend switching them out ever 3 months or whenever you start to notice it degrading.

I'm a former New Yorker now living in North Carolina. Such a great state! Hope you love it here and adjust quickly 🙂

My brother's ex-wife moved to NC with her boyfriend and 4 of my nieces/nephews. I miss them. When my husband travels there on business, he always tells me how great it is. I hope you love it.

Wow!  I'm impressed.

Oh wow that's a lot of empties.  I know it's for a couple months but wow do they ever add up quickly!  

I'm glad your move went well.  Here's hoping you meet some new buddies soon.  That was always the hard part for me growing up in a military family.  I wonder if any of the ladies on here are from your new area.  

North Carolina?

1 Reply
testing