Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

unnamed.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality image- it's cloudy and dark today.

Loves (Would repurchase or already have)

Spoiler
Lancome Genifique Serum
OH Truth Serum (HG)
Purity by Philosophy
Korres Wild Rose Peel

Spoiler
Nexxus Hairspray
Beach Blonde Smooth Seas Shampoo
NARS Audacious Mascara
Origins Plantscriptions Eye Cream
Bobbi Brown Foundation
Hask Argan Oil Shampoo
Sephora Ginseng Face Mask

Not Sure (Liked but need to use more to decide)

Spoiler
Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear

Did not like/Would Not Repurchase

Spoiler
Biolage Keratin Shampoo
Dermadoctor KP Duty
Clinique Clarifying Lotion/Toner
Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer

I feel like I just don't get products like the Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear.  I've tried both this product and the Simple Micellar, which seems similar and neither are strong enough to remove eye makeup and they don't seem hydrating enough to use in place of a hydrating toner.

Yeah I brought the little bottle with me for travel and I liked it but think I prefer my boscia make-up break-up oil. The Dr. Jart does take off my eye make-up and seems more gentle than makeup removing wipes, with the caveat that I don't wear waterproof mascara and I don't wear eyeliner so taking off my make-up isn't that hard anyway.

I don't use them for eye makeup usually, just to take off my foundation, etc., before cleansing. I use specific eye makeup remover for the eyes. It's an extra step I suppose, but I haven't really found a remover that works well on both face and eyes. When I wear just BB cream or something I skip this step, but if I wear foundation + powder I usually have a lot left on my face at the end of the day.

I recently have been feeling really lazy and have been using the express wipes to remove most of my eye makeup.  Then I am forced to go wash off my face cause I don't generally trust what's in them staying on my skin.  I end up washing my face in the end, cause once I'm over the sink there's no point in doing a half job of it.  

Wild Rose Pee?! Haha - that is a funny typo (at least I hope it is a typo!)

Ha! Changed it! Thanks 🙂

I keep forgetting to copy the products I've written out before I fill in my reviews. My reviews are too long to post here, but let me know if you're curious on anything.

Empties September 2015 .jpg

Empties September 2015 2.jpg

Stila BB cream.jpg

Would you say the Ole wipes are worth buying? They're the makeup remover ones right?

Yes, they are the makeup removers and totally worth buying. I will copy and paste my review for you:

Ole Henriksen Nurture Me Makeup Removing Wipes smell divine. I actually have not tried an Ole Henriksen product yet that I did not want to eat. Why do they all smell so good! I can still smell it on my face after following up with a cleansing water. The ingredients not only smell great, but they feel great. My skin always feel refreshed after using this. Some cheap wipes do not smell great or leave my skin feeling great. Expensive ones have let me down as well.

This removes all of my makeup with ease. I do not fully wash my face at night to prevent my dry skin from retaliating. After removing my makeup with a wipe, I cleanse with a Micellar water. My cotton round containing the cleansing water almost always comes out completely clean after removing makeup with this. With some other wipes, I need either a second wipe or multiple cotton rounds of cleansing water to finish the job. The cloth is large, moist, and durable. That prevents it from shredding as I wipe.

One wipe to remove the makeup and one cotton round of cleansing water does the trick 98% of the time. Although I love Protect the Truth wipes more, these are almost as amazing and worth FabuFind status. It is completely possible these are more efficient at removing makeup than Protect the Truth, but I still prefer those thanks to the smell, wonderful ingredients for my skin, and fact that they cleanse almost as well.

Thank you! I was unsure if to buy or not.

You're welcome. I should add that I never use a wipe on my eyes, so I cannot attest to how it does there. For my eyes I use BiFacial and a cotton round.

Thanks for that too. I don't use any foundation or any face makeup so I mostly use eye makeup remover. I want wipes for when I get home late from college to remove my mascara. Usually all I want to do is clim into my bed right away lol

It's a good thing I clarified then. I've never used a single wipe on my eyes. Hopefully, someone who has can let you know how well it works or offer other suggestions if they've never tried this one.

Yeah hopefully! I still know more about these wipes than I did before 

Nice set of empties! Out of curiousity, there are three bottles in the first image, located in the upper right, that are clear with green labels. What are those? At first glance, they look like alterna haircare products from teh bamboo line, but after a second hard look, I'm not sure.

Those bottles are a lotion, shampoo, and conditioner by Bath & Body Works rain kissed leaves courtesy of Legoland Hotel. The smell is wonderful, not overpowering like most B & BW scents. Thankfully, it smelled nothing like rain kissed leaves either, which does not make me think of a pleasant smell. It was light, but clean smelling. The lotion is a little thin, but it does moisturize. I love it but would not use it in the winter. The shampoo and conditioner were okay. They did not smell as good as the lotion (the same but a little more muted). My frizzy hair needs a stronger formula, so I would use them again. No way I would purchase them though.

Wow, hotels have been stepping up their game! 😮

Certain hotels are still in the dark ages, but some have nice amenities. 

Clearly I travel at the same hotels because I never see anything interesting or different in terms of toiletries selections.  I swear though I've never gone to a hotel where the cream was potent enough for my dry skin.  I always have to bring my own.  Thank god for foils in those instances.

Depends on the hotel. The Rituals lotion from the Radisson (top left) was thin (like all hotel lotions). It did moisturize decently well though. 

We almost always revert to staying at the Hilton or the Sheraton, but I am over Shine and PTR (they small manly) lotions at those hotels. The Shine shampoo and conditioners are terrible, too. My husband stayed at Fontainebleau Miami recently. They had Molton Brown (top middle) products. They're not an outsourced watered down hotel version either. He was impressed that they had the real deal.

I always pack body lotions when I travel, too. Even when they are moisturizing enough, they're never big enough (except the Cosomopolitan). They used to give huge lotions, but I have not stayed there in a few years. I heard they switched from C.O. Bigelow to something else.

testing