Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

What's the Nude Skincare item between the two (I assume) oils?

It's a face cream

Great empties!  What is the product in the dropper bottle?

That is the Previse Nutrify 1-6 Toner. I received it from BoxyCharm. It was a full size bottle and it lasted me 6 months

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

nothing that i didn't love this month but a couple of stand outs 

• bioderma makeup wipes
  • cinema secrets brush cleaner
  • sally hansen polish 
  • urban decay subversion lash primer
  • soap and glory righteous butter
  • beyond the zone last call hair masque
  • origins night-a-mins
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta daily peel

How was the mask?  I assume just okay because it didn't get a callout.  I'm getting it in my birchbox next month.

it was ok...it felt nice but it wasn't anything amazing! i'd use another one but i wouldn't kill trying to get one

IMG_5855.jpg

I didn't really have any fails this past month, so I've divided my empties into "will repurchase" and "good, but won't repurchase."

WILL REPURCHASE

- Burt's Bees sensitive face wipes

- Store-brand cotton rounds and cotton swabs

- Clarisonic sensitive head

- Sephora lip balm

GOOD, BUT WON'T REPURCHASE (at least right now)

- It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk shampoo and conditioner

- Karuna Anti-Oxidant face masks

- FAB Facial Radiance Pads—here's the cool thing about these: I bought them in January and they never dried out. However, they were too harsh for me to use frequently, hence why it took me nine months to use them up.

- Butter London Scrubbers—in other threads, people were talking about how much one scrubbing pad can take off. I believe the pad took polish off one hand, although I went in later with a cotton round soaked in polish remover to clean off any leftover polish.

- Nars Skin Aqua Free Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer—GWP that was fine, but I'll stick to Nars for makeup, not skincare.

-  Kate Somerville ExfoliKate—eh, I don't see all the fuss.

- Nars Audacious mascara—sometimes it flaked, but sometimes it didn't.

- Marc Jacobs Omega Lash in Blacquer—I can't remember anything about this, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

- GlamGlow BrightMud eye pod

I definitely have to add more nail polish remover to the butter london scrubbers in order to get polish off all 10 nails. But I like the scubber pads better than a cotton round so I don't mind. 

And I certainly didn't mind since it was a free sample. 😉

I don't care for Exolikate either.  I have the sample in my empties as well and it took me forever to finish it because it was just too harsh for my skin and I hated the smell.  Surprised to hear the FAB facial radiance pads were too harsh.  I loved them because they are pretty gentle to my skin.  Just shows how individual skin is.  I'm also impressed you used up two lip balms.  I swear I always have a million going and lose them before I had a chance to finish them.

I also thought the Exfolikate was meh as well. I have yet to find a good face scrub I love. All the ones I tried are either meh or worse. A preview of my next empties, the Dr. Jart scrub I got a sample of irritated my face. Not many products do so that's saying something.

I keep one Sephora balm by my bed and another by my lipsticks (so, you know, four feet apart) and tend to go through at least one a month. I buy them in bulk during Sephora sales.

I'm impressed you had a month with no fails. I love BrightMud and Exfolikate.

I've never tried Wal-Mart store brand cotton rounds, but if they're good enough to repurchase, please tell me more about them.

These aren't the Wal-Mart ones (I somehow live in a part of America where a bunch of other chain stores are closer than WM, so I've never really shopped there), but are the store-brand from a local Chicago grocery chain. 

I liked the BrightMud eye pods to buy the set at last year's holiday sale, but since I'm still using them up now, I clearly don't love them enough to use up in a timely fashion, so I guess I'll skip them this year. ExfoliKate ... I guess I don't see what's so great compared to other exfoliators? If anything, this one felt a little rough on me.

Bummer. I was thinking of heading to Wal-Mart to pick some of these up. I mostly shop Target, but I remembered Wal-Mart's store brand starts with something similar to that. After looking it up, I now see it is Equate.

I was going to say, I live in Chicago too and isn't that the store brand from the jewel.  Living in Chicago I cant remember the last time I went to a Walmart which is fine because i love target.

Yep, Jewel-Osco!

Quick empty update since it has been forever since I've been on BT. I miss you guys. Finally in NC - haven't settled but after 1600 miles and not knowing anyone.. there's a lot to get used to!

These empties have been for the past two months.

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg 

how old was the beauty blender you threw out? I clean mine often but I figured it has a shelf life regardless of how much I clean it.

I throw mine out every four months or so.. I've had one last five months, but only because I was not using it nearly as much.

8 Replies
testing