Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

August empties. I already re-purchased the Sephora makeup remover, Briogeo leave in conditoner, and Besame powder, I still have more deluxe samples of the rest and will continue to use them.

DSC02093.JPG

Great empties!

I'm impressed you used up the violet powder. I do like that the inner packaging is clear, so you can see how much you have left. 

I actually removed that inner clear thingy as I do on most of my powders. Its easier and quicker for me to be able to dip my brush in and tap off the excess.

I've wanted to try that Besame powder. 

So this week has been crazy with moving stuff... but here are August empties finally!

Good:

IMG_0913.JPG

Spoiler
Sephora Honey sheet mask
Eos lip balm
Bumble and Bumble Pret a powder - not enough of a performance bump over Oscar Blandi to justify the extra $$, but I did like it
Soap and Glory Hand Food
Origins charcoal mask - HG
Living Proof Prime Style Extender - HG
Tony Moly Tomato face mask - liked it, but the Sephora ones fit my face better
Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion for dry skin - HG
Murad Age-Balancing Moisture SPF 30
Sephora formula X Base Coat - HG
KVD Trooper - HG
Agave Hair Oil - HG, will definitely be purchasing this to replace my B&B Invisible Oil if I ever finish that up
Glamglow hydrating cleanser - my favorite of all the Glamglow cleanser samples I've tried, but I wouldn't use it to remove makeup
OH Truth Serum
MJ Re(marc)able foundation sample

Meh:

IMG_0912.JPG

Spoiler
Glamglow exfoliating treatment
Living Proof no frizz shampoo
Tarte sunscreen
philosophy cleansing wipes - every time I use cleansing wipes I don't like them. I try to store them properly but they always dry out too fast...
Sephora Lingzhi eye mask - I see better results from just using the face mask and positioning it so it covers my eyes.
B&B Full potential shampoo/conditioner samples - haven't used all of them yet. I'm seeing some results but not enough to justify the price. If they were half the cost I would be jumping on it.
Glamglow Flashmud brightening mask - meh. Didn't see dramatic results, have 2 more samples to try before I admit defeat.
Caudalie Cru cream - nice enough cream, wouldn't buy it for the $$, and I don't need mega anti-aging stuff right now.
philosphy no reason to hide serum
Sephora cuticle oil
Living Proof full shampoo/conditioner
Sephora roll-on anti-acne treatment
Benefit They're Real! mascara
l'Occitane light comforting cream
boscia black mask - I actually do see results with this one, but I hate the boscia masks in general because you have to layer it on to peel it off right, and then you use so much product and it takes forever to dry. This was a 1 oz sample and I got MAYBE 2 uses out of it.

Bad:

IMG_0911.JPG

Spoiler
Julep top coat
Origins Ginzeng eye cream - not hydrating enough
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ (new formula) - ok moisture but way too greasy. I used it on my neck to use it up, would not use it on my face.

I've been wanting to try that Origins mask. That is my least favorite Julep topcoat, too.

That Origins charcoal mask is one of my few skincare repurchases. Pro tip: I remove it in the shower because or else you'll be scrubbing your face with a washcloth for ages trying to get the dried mask off.

Great empties!!!  Not a huge fan of that Julep top coat either.  I have a sample of that Origins charcoal mask.  I love the glamglow one so curious to try it out.

I love the Agave Hair Oil!

Me too.  I was pleasantly surprised!

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

Some of these are true empties and some (mostly the makeup) are products I'm giving up on or ones that are too old.

Best: I really like a lot of these, but the Algenist Concentrated Reconstruction Serum is the only one I repurchased. 

Worst: The Marc Jacobs liquid liner pen (from a 500-point perk) was a complete bust. I literally used it only twice before tossing it.

You know I love BiFacial, but I am impressed you finished three so quickly. It takes me a long time to finish one.

To be fair, I empty whatever eye makeup remover I'm using into one of those plastic containers with a pump that they have in stores. I can't find the Sephora one that I use, but the bottle looks like this.

http://www.sephora.com/make-up-remover-water-with-soothing-cornflower-P398061?skuId=1727437

That is smart. As much as I love the product, I am not a fan of the bottle (sample or full-sized).

It has an insane safety lock on it. I've had an easier time getting into medicine bottles.

Really! It surprises me that you hated the MJ liner so much, I would consider using that over KVD. What did you not like about it?

This MJ liner is my HG!

I also hate the KvD! The only felt-tipped liner pen that I like is the Stila.

Now, I don't know if this is because it's a deluxe mini, but the product was dispensed very unevenly and skipped a lot. I also noticed the felt tip was already fraying after only two uses, and I wasn't exactly using it to sign my John Hancock on important documents or anything. Also, sometimes the color would be more gray than black, even though I shook it vigorously before using it. It just didn't seem worth my time to continue trying it.

The Stila one truly is lovely.  It's so fool proof.  I've found it to be the easiest to use.  I love it!

What did you think of the FAB Radiance Polish? 

1 Reply
testing