Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

ETA: My original response made no sense because I was thinking of a different product. Sorry!

This is sort of a repurchase. I received a deluxe sample last year and bought the full size when it ran out. It lasted a good seven months with me using a tiny bit every three days or so. I'll probably purchase again, but I have so many other exfoliator samples to get through first.

Such great empties!  I too am trying to get better at tossing out things that are too old or don't work for me.  For me, my L'Oreal products were in that camp.  I bought them when I desperately needed makeup at work for a touch up and they were never really my color or formula.  They hung around my bathroom drawer far longer than they should have.  Now I'm better at having a small stash of makeup at work to avoid purchases like this.

What did you think of those Karuna face masks?  I've always been curious about them.

I don't know that I can judge if the Karuna masks (or any masks) actually make my skin better, but I do like that my skin is still soft the next morning. However, I actually find them a bit harder to apply than the Sephora ones; the Karuna ones stick together more and are harder to untangle from the plastic backing.

That's fair.  I swear with most of mine it is more immediate and short lived benefits though part of why I love them is for relaxation purposes.

I'm a tad late but here are my August empties. There are quite a few repeats of things that are HG status for me and some items I couldn't picture because they became empty while travelling and I didn't bother keeping. 

FullSizeRender-16.jpg

Excellent

MDSolarsSciences Mineral Creme SPF 50

Life Orthodontic Flossups

Colgate Prevident 5000 Booster Plus 

Balea 3 in 1 Cleansing Cloths 

Neutrogena Deep Clean remover wipes

AmorePacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence 

Paula's Choice Clinical Ultra-Rich Soothing Body Butter

Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

GA Fluid Sheer #2

Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

Skinceuticals CE Ferulic

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

Good

Cartier Panthere

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream

Okay

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion (not nearly as good as the liquid)

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Shower Cream

Terrible

Lancome le vie est belle (couldn't even finish it)

Travel empties not pictured
Tarteguard sunscreen x2
Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body x2
MDSolarSciences SPF 50 x2
Neutrogena makeup remover wipes (blue pack)
Dove Soap bar
Colgate Complete

Haha, we must have very different perfume tastes. I bought a rollerball of Le Vie Est Belle and gave my sample of Velvet Orchid away. 🙂

lol It was earlier in the month but if I remember correctly I think I thought it was too sweet

It is very sweet. I remember being surprised that I like it. I actually rolled some on after I saw this picture. 🙂

Great empties!

It's never too late!  Also, I always have a bunch of the same items also.  We call them HG for a reason, right?  😉

Personally, I didn't like Tarteguard.  I had one foil and used some of it.  Probably could've gotten at least 2 more uses out of it but it felt way too thick for me.

Definitely! I eased up on trying anything new this month because I irritated my skin the month before from too much.

Honestly I didn't like Tarteguard either, I found it way too thick and it was actually categorized as a "Terrible" when I last used it. This time however, I took the foils with me to Vegas where my skin gets super dehydrated so it balanced it out perfectly.

Never too late. I have not even taken July or August pictures yet because I am missing a July empty. It seriously got up and walked away.

I will try that Ferulic someday.

It smells terrible but I love what it does

Excited to FINALLY be posting my empties!!!!  Last month was crazy these are empties for both July and August.  And of course I found a couple of empties or near empties afterward so already working on my next month's worth.

image.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
Agave Healing Oil Treatment x2
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (Giant size and deluxe sample)
Glamglow Thirsty Cleanse Sample
Lush Twilight Shower Gel
Alegenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil
Almay Oil Free Gentle Makeup Remover
Drybar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot
Peter Thomas Roth Firm Peeling Gel Gel Exfoliant
Benefit Hello Flawless in I'm Plush and Precious - Petal
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin
Davines Oi All in One Milk
Ole Henriksen Nuture Me Cleansing Cloths
SK-II Facial Treatment Mask
Urban Decay Naked Skin

Spoiler

Dove Wintercare Body Wash
Studio 35 Beauty 100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover
Julep Clean Slate Polish Remover Pads
Ole Henriksen Rub N Buff Salt Scrub
Benefit the POREfessional
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Jurlique Purely Bright
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Daily Correct CC Cream Light/Medium
Lancôme Visionnaire x2
Marula
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish x2
Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel
Cover FX Calming Primer
Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Light/Medium
Lush Grass Shower Gel
Lush Ro's Aragon Body Conditioner
IT Foaming O' Scrub
Essential-C Eye Cream
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream
Kate Somerville Age Arrest
Eve Lom Flawless Radiance Primer
Swisspers Cotton Rounds
Softsoap Advanced Clean Hand Soap Refill

Dislikes:

Spoiler
Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup Neutral
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer Fair/Light
Real Chemistry Luminous Minute Peel

Wow!  So many empties!  (bows down in awe).  Lush is one of my guilty pleasures too, especially the bubble bars.  I love to come home from the gym at night and have a luxurious bath.

You're making me blush!  I have to say, I've been making a very conscious effort to use things up.  I used to be guilty of having quite a few half or mostly used products lying around so now I'm trying to do a much better job of using one thing up before going onto the next, at least with core products.  I've been especially trying to stop hoarding samples and start actually trying stuff.  It's actually been quite fun!

And I too am addicted to the lush bubble bars.  I have a big jar in my bathroom that I keep full of the bubble bars and bath bombs and whenever I use one I pick out another one to replace it with.  I'm extremely stocked up because they had BOGO gift sets just after Christmas so I got two of the big sets full of bars. 

Wow great job!!!  You have so many things!  Oh and the Ro's Argan is one of my absolute favorite Lush products.  I'm a huge rose fan and I always have Turkish Delight, Ro's Argan, and Rose Jam (which comes out in the holidays and I buy 3-4 big bottles to last me through the year) in my shower.

Lots of people like that FAB Oatmeal mask.  I will have to give it a go sometime.

Thanks!  Lush is one of my guilty pleasures and my local stores are great about making quite generous samples.  And I do love that FAB mask.  It is one of the few products where I have multiple backups.

Yes the staff at Lush stores are always so generous!  Their products are expensive so I try and spread them out as much as I can.  I'm picking up that mask next time I place an order.  I want to see what this fuss is about 🙂

I've only been waiting on these for 2 months. Kidding. Anyway, I am using those purple Ole wipes, too. While I do not like them as much as the orange, I love them. Why do all of his wipes smell so darn good? Maybe, I will take a bite and see if they taste as good as they smell. Love that Agave, too. 

Oh, no, I love the Real Chemistry peels. My skin never looks flakey after using it. Where did it go wrong with you?

I love all the Ole wipes.  I think the grease relief ones are my favorite scent wise.  For me the real chemistry peel just didn't do anything.  Wasn't strong enough I guess?  The PTR peeling gel worked great.

1 Reply
testing