Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

You're making me blush!  I have to say, I've been making a very conscious effort to use things up.  I used to be guilty of having quite a few half or mostly used products lying around so now I'm trying to do a much better job of using one thing up before going onto the next, at least with core products.  I've been especially trying to stop hoarding samples and start actually trying stuff.  It's actually been quite fun!

And I too am addicted to the lush bubble bars.  I have a big jar in my bathroom that I keep full of the bubble bars and bath bombs and whenever I use one I pick out another one to replace it with.  I'm extremely stocked up because they had BOGO gift sets just after Christmas so I got two of the big sets full of bars. 

Wow great job!!!  You have so many things!  Oh and the Ro's Argan is one of my absolute favorite Lush products.  I'm a huge rose fan and I always have Turkish Delight, Ro's Argan, and Rose Jam (which comes out in the holidays and I buy 3-4 big bottles to last me through the year) in my shower.

Lots of people like that FAB Oatmeal mask.  I will have to give it a go sometime.

Thanks!  Lush is one of my guilty pleasures and my local stores are great about making quite generous samples.  And I do love that FAB mask.  It is one of the few products where I have multiple backups.

Yes the staff at Lush stores are always so generous!  Their products are expensive so I try and spread them out as much as I can.  I'm picking up that mask next time I place an order.  I want to see what this fuss is about 🙂

I've only been waiting on these for 2 months. Kidding. Anyway, I am using those purple Ole wipes, too. While I do not like them as much as the orange, I love them. Why do all of his wipes smell so darn good? Maybe, I will take a bite and see if they taste as good as they smell. Love that Agave, too. 

Oh, no, I love the Real Chemistry peels. My skin never looks flakey after using it. Where did it go wrong with you?

I love all the Ole wipes.  I think the grease relief ones are my favorite scent wise.  For me the real chemistry peel just didn't do anything.  Wasn't strong enough I guess?  The PTR peeling gel worked great.

August empties

20150902_213827.jpg

Loves:

• Bath & Body Works Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Warm Vanilla Sugar. I use this in the kitchen.
  • Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths. My Holy Grail face wipes.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Glisten. My everyday spring/summer blush.
  • Lorac Lip Lustre Gloss in Rose Lustre. Love Lorac's glosses in general.

• Bath & Body Works Night Time Tea Body Wash and Foam Bath. I used it as a foam bath. The bubbles last forever and good scent.
  • Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Tahiti Island Dream
  • Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes
  • Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder. This is a sample I've had for years so I don't even know if you can buy it now.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Adored. 
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in Beige. Great coverage and lasted all day without seeping into my pores or fine lines. I'd put it under Love but I don't wear liquid foundation often enough to pay $47 for a bottle.
  • Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso. Like the formula but the brush is too big for my liking. 
  • Urban Decay Perversion mascara. 
  • Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment.
  • Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo. 

Hates:

• Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. There seemed to be some kind of film left behind that would not rinse off.
  • Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation in Nude. I looked like I was wearing a mask. It looked so thick on my face no matter how much I blended.
  • Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Medium. For a BB cream, this was awfully thick.
  • Make Up For Ever High Definition Pressed Powder. My face looked like an oil slick again after only an hour after putting this on.
  • Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I'm sure I'm the only person on Earth who hates this, but it felt greasy and took forever to set.
  • Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara. The brush is too big and made my lashes look meh.

Love Glisten. So pretty.

How on earth did you manage to use up an entire TF Candlelight Powder and 2 Tarte Blushes?!?!

Haha I was just about to ask the same thing!  😄

The blushes, both of which I've had for a few years, ended up crumbling when I dropped the Z-pallet I had them in and I've always been unsuccessful at "repairing" pressed powder items. The highlighter got too old even though 1/3 of the pink side is still in there. However, pink highlight doesn't look good on me. So I may be cheating a bit when it comes to putting them in my empties pile. I also actually just gave up on the Bad Gal Lash mascara.

I would give up on the Bad gal Lash too. I don't know how that product stays on the market. It's one of the worst mascaras I have ever used.

Ha I was thinking the same thing! I don't think I will ever finish a blush even though I wear blush everyday.

Anonymous Insider

Loves

image.jpg

image.jpg

No way

image.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the whish almond lotion either. It smells almost like a freshly cleaned honey bucket for some reason 

I am in no hurry to try my sample of this then. I had a Burt's Bees lotion that smelled like that, and it took me forever to endure it long enough to finish it.

There's a place nearby that has a little basket of products in the lady's room. I may have been guilty for tossing hand creams and perfume vials that I don't like in there 🙂

What scent is the Burt Bee's one? I'll make sure to avoid that one 🙂

Honey and Grape seed. I will not use it again.

That is a really good idea. It would be a faster way of getting rid of them.

20150901_163745.jpg

Can't believe it's already September!

Repurchases:

Spoiler

-Devacurl Styling Cream (leaves my wavy hair soft and really enhances the waves, love it)

-Revlon Colorstay Foundation (my only full-sized empty. It's the only drugstore product I still repurchase).

Liked:

-

Spoiler

I thought the OH African Red Tea Cleanser did a good job cleansing but I didn't like the liquid to foam consistency. I still have a couple samples left to decide what I think.

-Too Faced Better Than Sex was good, but not a favorite. Seemed to get clumpy quickly after opening the tube and had to wipe off the wand with a tissue before applying

-John Frieda BeachBlonde Sea Wave Spray- It did fine, but not better than the Marc Anthony beach spray that is half the price at Walmart. I don't think this is the same product as their original which was discontinued years ago (and was my HG hair product in the late 90s)

-Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo/Conditioner- liked it, but would want to try another sample before being sure

Not for me:

Spoiler

Trish McEvoy beauty booster serum- had a water-like consistency. Maybe just the sample? Would never use this again

Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother/Primer- did not help with longevity, too many better primers out there

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream- not special, just OK

Target Up and Up Makeup Remover wipes- didn't get the makeup off. Worst wipes I have ever used. The Walmart version is better.

Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo/Conditioner- I was a huge Matrix fan in the late 90s early 2000s and was excited when I got this sample from Ulta. It just did not leave my hair feeling clean.

B&B Surf Shampoo/Conditioner- too small a sample to know for sure, but I wasn't wowed

Origins A Perfect World SPF 25- I am a big Origins fan (fragrances don't bother my skin!) but I could not apply make up on over this moisturizer. The makeup would make the moisturizer ball up and flake. It was awful. I didn't mind wearing it on no-make-up days but this just wasn't worth it to me.

OH African Red Tea is nice. Did you use it mostly in the past summer? I found that it was a bit too much during the dry winter.

Yep, I used it this past month. I did feel like it was a little stripping. Like my face had that squeaky clean feeling that is satisfying but probably not great for my skin..

4 Replies
testing