Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I know the feeling of saying goodbye to expensive samples you loved but will never purchase. I feel your pain.

Nice empties! Out of curiosity, what lipstick did you finish? I have yet to ever finish one 😞 

It was a clinique colorpop in barepop - a nice pinky nude color that I kept in my work bag and forced myself to use up!

Nice! My goal is to finish a lipstick by the end of this year haha...we will see..

You can do it!  I make sure to pick one that I want to use that is pretty neutral and keep it in my desk/purse/wherever I am most likely to see it and reapply.  I should say that no lipstick ever stays on me for longer than a few hours, so I probably wear some lippies like chapstick - lots of application!

Congrats on your first month of empties.  Looks like you did some good damage.  What was your favorite product out of the lot?

I'm coming to really enjoy foils for travel as well.  I swear mine were piling up forever (hoarding tendencies) but lately I've been loving them for travel as well.  I brought a few of them on a trip right now and it was nice to have an excuse to try something different.  Not to mention I have a bad habit of forgetting things in hotel rooms so if I leave a sample or two behind it's not the end of the world vs. a full sized product.

I really liked the Tata Harper cleanser, and I would consider it again but would probably get the resurfacing mask before the FS cleanser. I also like the Living Proof hair mask, not sure I would get that one specefically again but would try another hair mask

I totally saved my Jurlique mini spray bottle. It was just too cute to get rid of after using up the product.

That bottle and spray in the mini form is amazing! I've refilled mine, since it's so tiny 🙂

I'm always so tempted to keep the packaging for some of these samples because some of them are absolutely adorable.  Of course then they just sit around and clutter up my cabinets and drawers.  I'm trying to be better about reusing them to hold smaller portions of product to travel with or bring to the gym.

Nice job everyone so far.  My empties will be late this month since I'm traveling and not getting back till Wednesday night.  Is it weird that I'm excited to share?!?  I've got 2 months worth!

I always get excited about posting my empties also!  It's fun to see that I actually have finished things!

Yes!  I also think because so long I never seemed to finish things it's really satisfying to know I'm not wasting my money and also making my way through my sample stash.

August empties

IMG_0246.JPG

Loves

Nude Skincare Omega Cleaning Jelly

Living Proof PHD Shampoo and Conditioner

FAB Ultra Repair Cream

Cover FX Drops

My favorite soap of all time (and the only one I keep in my bathroom for washing hands) is this Turkish rose soap directly imported from Turkey

MUFE Hydrating Primer

Jack Black lip balm

NYX Control Freak Brow Gel

Glamglow Youthcleanse

Just ok or completely no

Glamglow Thirsty Mud (this is the mask) - I had forgotten how much I hate the smell

Sephora sleeping masks pearl and rose - neither did anything for me

Anonymous Insider

Guzelkiz, I am from Turkey and when I saw your username I was so sure you must be too 🙂 You are quite a surprise! Your love of things Turkish amazing and makes me so happy. 

That Haci Sakir soap is what my parents used to use as a bath soap when I was little. They would buy either rose or lavender. It smelled so intense that I remember feeling suffocated when my mom was washing me with the lavender. (I dislike the scent of  lavender 🙂

Your soap invoked childhood memories in me. Next time I am at the Turkish market I will get a pack of Haci Sakir 🙂

Ohh yay!!  Actually no, I am not, but my husband and his family are.  Actually I became obsessed with all thins Turkish back in high school when I started listening to Turkish music.  I've actually been there a bunch of times as well since then.

I think a lot of Turkish people used it growing up.  I wish I had!  One of my husband's cousins sends me "care packages" full of Turkish goodies every few months.  I absolutely love it.  I'm not into the lavender one either.

That's awesome!  I'm glad to do that for you!  They do sell it at the market I go to (halal market to get meat) but it's so special to me because my cousin in law sends it to me straight from the source 🙂

Incidentally, Zafer Bayramimiz Kutlu Olsun 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Cok tesekkurler! Say hi to your husband for me 🙂

Tabi!  Thanks, I will 🙂

I am so conflicted on trying those Cover FX drops. It looks heavenly and has different ingredients than the CC cream that hates me. Got to try it.

I really hope they treat your skin ok.  I haven't ever had a bad reaction from a skincare/makeup product luckily.  I've been loving these and I still have 1 promo bottle left (and then of course I did already purchase the full size 😉 )

Great empties.  I brought those PHD shampoo and conditioner samples with me to wash my hair while traveling. Also glad you explained what was in that package.  I have never heard of turkish rose soap.  Sounds interesting! I too have also fallen in love with the Cover FX drops.

Also interesting to see how so many of our choices are personal.  I LOVE the smell of Thirsty Mud.

2 Replies
testing