Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Snaps for all the sunscreen!  So many empties!!

I have an empty Neutrogena somewhere, but I cannot find it. I finished it weeks ago and everyone knows better than to throw out my empties. As much as it catches a lot of flak, I wish I had it with me on my recent trip. I burned so badly, but this stuff keeps me from burning. I finally finished that PTR face cream recently as well.

Wow.  I've been excited to share my upcoming empties because I'm also doing a combined post for July and August and have been dutifully using things up and have been pretty proud of making a good dent in both my regular sized products and some of my samples.  But it's nothing compared to your empties  Great job.

wowwwww!  you've gone through a lot of product!  I'm so stingy with my product, using just enough, so it lasts a lonnng time.  I never really throw away more than three things at a time.

I'm a slatherer then!  I love using my stuff.  I don't think I go a day without using a sample or finishing something. It makes me feel good to be working through my stuff.  Makes the shopping addiction seem justifiable. 

That sunscreen is probably the love of my life. How did you kill off so many bottles?? Do you go full bod on it?

I love it!  It feels powdery on as far as sunscreens go!  I'm a sun fearing M word survivor.  Every two hours. I don't like it for my face though cause it leaves a white cast.    A full bottle is only supposed to last two or three days at the beach if you use the reccomended 1ounce on your body.  Plus I was forced to go camping so my use went up.  😉

Since you are a sunscreen expert, what do you recommend for face?  I need mineral only sunscreens for face because chemical sunscreens make my break out!  I rarely ever apply sunscreen on my body  😞  but I avoid the sun like a vampire, says my husband.

Ah, see I only use it on my face and hands. (I m covered wrist to ankle usually). I can understand going through thst many if used for body daily. 

I'm impressed with all the sunscreen! 😉 

Is that the regular La Petite Robe Noir? I'm wearing the Couture version today and trying not to fall in love with it. 

yep just the regular one.   I tried the couture one!  It's delicious!   

image.jpgthese are my empties for August so far-- trying to de clutter and use up samples as much as possible (though I add more to my stockpile daily ) 

favorites: 

simple micellar water 

lush veganese conditioner 

YSL fusion ink foundation

drjart bb cream 

haaaaaaaaaaated:

bite agave lip mask-- dehydrated my lips worse than vaseline

mac luster shadows are a bust in my book

diorsnow melt away makeup remover was less than impressive 

I totally relate. One thing finished, two things in. It never ends!

I've been doing the same thing.  I'm 1/2 way through a Simple Micellar Water.  I'm not sure I get it so I think I'm missing something.  What do you love about it?

It removes whatever my cleanser did not, which is a surprising amount of dirt and makeup. 

Oh no!  It sounds lije you're one of the few people who has an allergy to the ingredients in the agave mask.  It works great on me if I ever remember to use it.  I thought I had chronically dry lips and bought the agave mask to help them out.   It worked but not on the way it was suppised to.  I actually react badly to Tarte lipsurgence products.  They dry my lips out.  When I started using the agave mask my use of the lipsurgence went down and my lips appeared to get better.  Sigh. 

Tarte lipsurgence dries my lips instantly too but Bite lip mask is HG for me!

Could be, I'm pretty sensitive and allergic to just about everything at this point in my life haha. 

Wasn't sure where to ask these...

Question 1.. I have been saving my empty Dior skincare bottles. I don't know why other than that the products were so expensive. I think maybe I hope they will magically dispense product if I wait long enough. 🙆🏻. Have any of you figured how to "break-in" to them? I imagine weeks worth of product lining the corners that the pump thing doesn't reach.

Question 2...  I have kept all my Tweezerman tweezers knowing that they are supposed to have a lifetime warranty and can be sharpened. I've not saved my receipts or packaging. Should I reach out to tweezerman to find out how to send them in for sharpening or do any of you already know the answer?

Thanks in advance! 

Your first question reminds me of the time I spent over 30 minutes trying to break into my Lancome Dreamtone bottle. I finally gave up and asked my husband. He got it in a few minutes, and there was probably only a few days left behind. $98 serum or not, I am not breaking into anything that difficult again. I cannot help with Dior bottles, because I do not own any.

When I bought my Tweezerman, I was told they do not ask a ton of questions to sharpen. I have not sharpened mine yet, but I would just call. Mine are over 2 years old, so the purchase history may be gone on mine as well.

LOL.  The Dior bottles seem to be this glass/plastic hybrid, so worst case I actually break it and cut myself. Way worse, worst scenario, I get micro shards in the product I do dig out and embed them in my skin.  Ay.. I need to just toss them and move on. I have brand new bottles waiting to be opened. Interestingly, some of the products, if purchased through other retailers, like my local Dillard's, are now refillable. So the refills are about $15-$20 less than the regular bottle price. Love this!  Wish Sephora was on that bandwagon. Thanks NC!

testing