Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

The bite wipes are a guilty thing I repurchase.   I know their price is insane but I love them so much.  

Love it!  This month was crazy so I never had a chance to do my empties so next month will be two months worth.  I'm guessing those Bliss pads work?

I missed last month as well.  There's a nice stash of empties at home awaiting their photoshoot!  

Finally got a chance to take a picture of my empties from the past two months or so (June and July)

IMG_9837.JPG

Loves

Bite Lip Wipes

Diorshow mascara

Neutrogena makeup removing wipes in blue package (I get these when they appear in the Costco coupon book.  They're a great deal that way and  I only use these to remove excess makeup of for some reason my cleansing oil missed some.)

Living Proof PHD Shampoo, Conditioner, and Styling Treatment

Glamglow Youth Mud (this was the mask, not the cleanser)

Shiseido cotton

FAB Ultra Repair Cream (my thirsty hands love this stuff)

Jack Black Lip Balm

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

Revlon Colorsilk conditioner (this is the conditioner that comes in the box of haircolor that I use once every few months to get rid of my white hairs.  It's not new, I've had white hair since high school.  I wish they sold this conditioner separately because it is the bomb dot com)

Just Meh

Benefit They're Real Remover

MUFE primer (I think it was the hydrating one, this packet came in my box of the Ultra HD foundation.  I also swiped the foil from my mom's box too since she doesn't even know what primer is)

KVD face primer (Not sure about this one.  I may get another sample next time I'm in the store)

MAC Prep + Prime (I got these 2 from the Nordstrom sample section.  Quite generous samples but I hate MAC so I would never buy this and it didn't really work amazingly or anything)

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 

I love the Sheseido cotton a little too much. Having a hard time using the other ones I bought first.

Same here!  I still have a pack of Up and Up cotton rounds sitting there.  Really do not even want to open it.

Great empties!  I made the mistake of getting the costco brand makeup wipes thinking they would be comparable to Neutrogena.  Hated them so much and took me forever to get through the giant box.

I've never tried Costco brand anything in the beauty dept.  Good to know!

Good to know about the coscto wipes.

Get the Neutrogena wipes from Costco.  They are the best deal!  

Those Neutrogena wipes are the best.  The Shiseido cotton; I honestly didn't like those much. My toner would go right through and I don't even use much and the cotton separates.  Now that I using some cotton rounds I think I now prefer the Shiseido cotton.

I love the Neutrogena ones.  Been using them for years.  Really?  I've never had toner do that with the Shiseido cotton.  I use the pink Lancome toner (always forget the name) but it is thicker than all the other toners I've tried.  I used to use whatever cotton rounds were cheapest, usually the Up and Up ones from Target, and I used to make fun of people for spending almost $10 on a pack of the Shiseido cotton.  Then I added it to an order just to act as padding so that what I ordered wouldn't get broken during shipping.  Since then I don't even want to pick up the leftover cotton rounds I still have.

I use the Caudalie moisturizing toner.  I'm currently using the up and up target cotton rounds oh goodness, probably the worst I've ever tried. The Sephora cotton rounds are way better than the Target ones. I would prefer to find another cotton round that is better otherwise i'll have to go back to the Shisedo ones.

Oh ok.  I am not familiar with that toner.  I hope you find the right cotton.  I agree that the Up and Up ones suck.

July Empties! Some of these are older samples that I rediscovered and only got a bit of use out of before they dried up, hence all the mascaras (no, I did not use up an entire handful of deluxe mascara tubes in one month, lol).

Loves:

IMG_0597.JPG

Spoiler
Umbra Sheer Physical Defense sunscreen - loved the texture, might be too white for someone with darker skin
Algenist C+ serum - last of the promo foils, already bought full size
LP prime style extender - HG, have full size already
SK-II essential power essence - I've found Clinique's Even Better Essence Lotion for dry skin to be almost a dupe, so I wouldn't spend the $$$ on this, but it is very good.
Murad Protecting Day Cream - always like the texture of Murad lotions
Murad Renewing Eye Cream - ditto
REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - really smooths out my skin, without irritation
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - old travel size I finally remembered to use up - I have the full size too and love it
Butter London P.D. Quick topcoat - HG, and it's so big it's actually a decent value
fresh Advanced Therapy lib balm - love this stuff, but I go through it too fast to spend the $$ on lip balm
ABH Brow Wiz - loved it but went through it too fast. Trying other brow pencils before I go back to this.
MUFE translucent setting powder - liked this, may get full size when I use up the ones I have
Algenist eye renewal balm - love the texture
Guerlain Maxi Lash - Holy Volume, Batman!
the fresh Black-Tea Eye Concentrate is actually what I was using to hold the last of my Ole Henrikson Vitamin C eye serum, after the tube it came it broke at the tip. Pretty good at the dark circles and anti-milia, would probably repurchase except it's discontinued now 😞

OK/Meh:

IMG_0598.JPG

Spoiler
LP no frizz conditioner - didn't work well enough to justify the cost over drugstore
Hask Argan oil shampoo and conditioner - didn't notice much difference from what I already use
Glamglow Supercleanse - too harsh to be a regular cleanser for me
Algenist firming and lifting eye gel - not a big fan of gel moisturizers/eye creams
Jack Black double-duty face moisturizer - not hydrating enough for my dry skin
L'Occitane Essence Perfector serum - nice texture, but it didn't play well with other products layering with it.
Givenchy mascara - formula was nice, but not a fan of the applicator.
philosophy Release Me eye makeup remover - it's an eye makeup remover. Gentle, effective, nothing special.
Benefit's They're Real! mascara - I used to love this, but I've since found others that I like a lot better. This one doesn't give me as much volume as others.
bare minerals original foundation - nice coverage and application, but too radiant for my taste
Lavanila body butter - nice scent, but a bit heavy, and the texture was too thick
bumble & bumble thickening shampoo - it really did add volume, but not enough to justify the $$ for full size.
Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation - too sheer for me, but it worked ok over a face oil.
Sephora eyelid primer - decent, Too Faced and UD are both better.
Stila liquid liner - like KVD's formula better, it's smoother and goes on more opaque. Replaced this with the new brown KVD now that's come out.
Dior mascara base - worked as advertised, but left my lashes very stiff.

Just No:

IMG_0599.JPG

Spoiler
Bobbi Brown face cream - too silicone for me
dr brandt Do Not Age pearl serum - felt weird going on, and flaked off when I put moisturizer over it.
Clinique turnaround day moisturizer in Golden Glow - Ugh. Odd texture, both too light and too greasy, and also GLITTER in a face lotion?? It was like something I would have bought from Claire's 15 years ago.
KVD mascara - the applicator, dear god. It didn't apply well, and kept poking me in the eyes. I didn't actually finish this one because I hated using it so much.

Mini mascara breeds at my house!   I wouldn't have asked any questions about them.  I will open one to try and if it's not amazing it may go straight into the empties pile.  

I find theg last longer if you tape them or put them all together in a little bag.  I don't know if they actually do, but it makes me feel better that I am at least trying to preserve them.    

I am am in love with the Algerian vitamin c cream!   

Good job on everything. What did you write on the Ren sample? I cannot read it.

Haha it says "use 1st." I had like 3 of these at one point, because they were in the free samples section, so I wanted to make sure I didn't open a new one before I used one up.

I need to get better about going through my old mascara samples.  Not a fan of they're real either.  Threw out a barely used tube because I disliked it so much.

Anonymous Insider

image.jpg

Loves

Missha Essence

Maxi Lash

Living Proof styling treatment

Nars tinted moisturizer

pocketderm 

I wouldn't re purchase anything else...

Is that the thick Eucerin? What did you not like about it?

testing