Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

That's an epic empties stash!

HI all! I have been a lurker to this thread for a while--I can't post pics on my app for some reason, and I am pretty OCD about tossing or recycling. Anyhoo, I just realized that you all post minii-reviews, I love that!! I will have eto visit more often. I enjoy seeing what people use up and why and if it was a good or bad thing!

One question--what do you do with things that you just don't like?  I have trouble throwing perfectly good things away, but then they sit there and make me feel guilty--like I have to force myself to use them.  Examples--a Full size Cargo lippie from birchbox or somewhere, it is like a super pale shade that makes my lips disappear if I use it. I have a Lancome palette that I spent 50 dollars on (my first and last one!) it is so full of GLITTER and fallout, it is unbearable.  I realy want to just toss and not hoard. Enable me, please, to get RID of stuff!

🙂

For things like palettes, if they are barely used some people sanitize and swap them with other people or include in one of the TSB's.  For things like lip glosses that you can't exactly sanitize I usually try mixing with other colors I own to see I like it better or pass it off to my mom or sister.  Typically I have been bad about throwing things away too but as my collection has grown I've realized it doesn't make sense to waste precious space on products I am realistically never going to use.

Unless I despise something, I tend to finish it as well. I usually give away duplicates though, because I do not want to open something I hated the first time. What Lancome palette do you hate? Most Lancome palettes have a lot of shimmer (something I like), but I cannot think of any full of glitter (other than micro glitter which does not bother me) or fallout. I am finally starting to appreciate mattes a little more, but my heart still lies with shimmer.

I usually give the items that are perfectly good, but I just don't like to a friend or family member. 

Whoops, I forgot to post my empties for the past few months. Here they are.

MAY

IMG_4782.jpg

BEST: Sephora Green Tea mask

WORST: Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in Beso. I've come to realize that I just hate liquid lipsticks, so it was time to toss it.

JUNE

IMG_4783.jpg

BEST: L'oreal Miss Manga mascara

WORST: Nothing! June was an excellent month for using up favorites and staples, and I'll repurchase everything here.

JULY

IMG_4784.jpg

BEST: Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser. It took forever, but I finally used it up. I love how it warms when it comes into contact with water.

WORST: Sephora Super Nourishing Lip Balm. This one's a "worst" because there was a package defect, and the balm keeps falling out of the tube. Otherwise, I love this lip balm.

That green tea mask has been the only item in my loves list for a while. I want to use the other ones I bought before I purchase more, but I am glad to see it is worth the wait.

I think the green tea and honey masks are the best, and the ginseng is the worst.

Great reviews.  I have a sample of that cleanser so now I'm curious to try it.

i love that Sephora lip balm, too--not bad for 5 bucks!

I buy 10 at a time during the winter sale.

Here's my first attempt at doing a monthly empties:

*not pictured = samples of Boscia detoxifying black cleanser & Agonist purifying & replenishing cleanser

unnamed (24).jpg

Love (will repurchase)

Aveeno positively smooth shave gel

Dior Extase mascara

John Frieda dream curls

Lush Blazoned Honey

Liked (maybe repurchase)

Olay cleansing cloths

Tresemme conditioner

Bosnia detoxifying black cleanser

Agonist purifying & replenishing cleanser

Disliked (will not repurchase)

Maybelline the rocket mascara- too wet!

DevaCurl no-poo and conditioner- couldn't get past the smell 😞

L'Oreal shampoo- nothing special

Laura Mercier- I threw this out because it was old and dried up

TreStique- nice color (bronze/gold), but very patchy, faded quickly, and creased

I did not even know Aveeno made a shave gel. My interest is piqued. 

I luv all of the Aveeno products I've tried. Very good for sensitive skin and/or eczema. 

Here are my July empties! 

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Excellent

Neutrogena Deep Clean make-up remover wipes

Colgate Prevident Booster Plus 5000

Kate Somervilla Exfolikate 

Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector

Skinceuticals Phyto gel

Benefit Porefessional 

DDG Glow Pads

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (I was probably the biggest skeptic of this cream but it works better than my other "cult" moisturizers)

Good

Paula's Choice Ultra Light Antioxidant serum

Clinique 3 step system

Liquid Face Wash (oily skin)

Lotion #3

Moisturizing Gel

Paula's Choice Redness Relief

Stella Perfume

Darphin Age-defying dermabrasion

Ok/Indifferent

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief

Benefit They're Real Remover (this was more a terrible only because I didn't like the texture)

Briogeo Dont Despair, Repair Mask

Makeup Forever Plexi-Gloss (I loved the finish and colours but hated the formula and feel)

L'occitane Shower Gel x2

L'occitane Shower Cream

Paula's Choice Dark Spot Eraser - 7% AHA lotion

Kiehl's Avocado eye cream

L'occitane Precious cream

Terrible

Nivea Aqua Effect cleansing wipes -  maybe it was a bad batch but mine were bone dry

Origins Checks and Balances - smelled like interior paint and broke me out so bad every time I thought I would give it another try

Eminence Red Currant Masque - so much bad in one foil, took my skin few days to recover from a less than 10 minute mask

MUFE Smokey Extravagant - really clumpy

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion - holy angry breakout

Not Pictured

Excellent
AmorePacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essense
Armani Fluid Sheer #2
BIC Razors pack
Oral B Ortho Brush Head 3 pack

Ok/Indifferent
Body Shop Shea Butter Soap
L'Occitane Arlesienne perfumed soap
Life Brand Orthodontic Flossers

Please tell me more about the SC Advanced Pigment Corrector.

Great empties!

I think I did pretty we this month:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Loves:

Tree Hut Sugar Scrub - I stock up when Ulta has these on sale:)

Sexy Hair Tri Wheat Soy Leave in Conditioner - best detangler I've tried 

MAC Oil Control Lotion - it's cheaper & you get more product by buying 2 travel sizes than 1 full size;)

Huggies Cucumber & Green Tea Wipes - love these for wiping anything down or of my fave is feeling dirty on no makeup days

Equate Makeup Removing Wipes(Blue ones) - I love these way more than the Neutrogena brand! & you get 40 wipes for a couple bucks!

Living Proof Full Shampoo - I like how this left my hair feeling 

Living Proof Full Conditioner - I felt like my hair was uber volumized 

Deva Curl No Poo Shampoo - This stuff tamed yet defined my curls

Deva Curl One Condition - Left my hair curly and so soft:)

Deva Curl Ultra Definung Gel - Curls gone wild. In a good way:)

Origins Clear Improvememts - I love this stuff more than my GG SuperMud. & that's saying something!

Tarte Tarteguard - I like this stuff

Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen - love this. May get the full size!

Murad Invisiblur - glad I got a deliver sample because I'm really liking!

Raulph Lauren Midnight Romance - Must buy full size! So good!

Sally Hansen Razor - always have these around. My sideburns and get a little wild...

Mehhhhs:

GlamGlow SuperMud - found someone I like more

Boscia Black Cleanser - I like, but I have a butt ton of cleanser to get through...

Huggies Orgional Wipes - I like the Cucumber & Grean Tea ones better

ELF High Definition Powder - meh 

UD All Nighter Spray - I love my DeSlick & Chill more

Prada Candy - Smells good, just don't love it 

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes - these leave a film on my eyes and burns. Equates are better for me. 

Absolutely Nots:

S&G Sugar Crush Body Buttercream - not in love with the scent

Avon Cucumber Melon Hand Sanitizer - it smelled okay, but I found it in the back of a drawer and decided to use it up. 

ELF Liquid Lipstick - kind of over these. Giving them to my nieces to use up. 

Victoria Jackson Brow Pencil - Nope nope nope. It's is super red based and made my brows look disgusting. 

Swisspers Cotton Rounds - falls apart  I love the White Cloud ones better but my BF bought the wrong ones. 

Miracle Skin Miracle Mud - burned like a MF. I think I might be allergic to something in this. 

What are the Huggies wipes for? Face, body, bum? I cannot imagine putting green tea on my bum, but I would try it if was not a meh for you.

Great empties!  Also a total reminder that skin is so individual because for me the GG Supermud works better than Origins Clear Improvement, but I mostly use Supermud as a spot treatment.

At least you thought the Prada Candy smelled good. It smells like old lady perfume on me. Even the Equate version of the Neutrogena wipes stung the crap out of my eyes. 

testing