Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

And here I thought I was the only one who didn't like the sugar crush scent!

My mom loves it, me not so much lol. 

unnamed.jpg

Yay for July Empties! 

LOVES: 

Spoiler
FAB Dual Repair Serum and Eye Cream -alas, discontinued 😞
Marc Anthony Beach Spray (works better for me than Bumble and Bumble, OGX, Tigi)
Boscia Tsubaki Overnight Mask (great intensive moisturizer when skin is super dry and for travel)
Origins Checks and Balances (Nice if you want a foamy cleanser, I use only when I am very oily)
Sephora Citrus Brush Cleaner (will repurchase once I am done with the Beauty Blender liquid which was not worth the hype!)
OH Truth Serum (fades my dark spots well)
Bliss Triple Oxygen Radiance Serum (really want to try full size and I am not usually a Bliss fan)
Hask Argan Oil from Morocco Shampoo- might even replace my HG OGX argan shampoo
Gucci Guilty- want a full size for Christmas- loved!- other perfume samples I won't mention as they were forgettable

Spoiler
Boscia Tsubaki Exfoliating Powder- love/hate with this. If I mixed the perfect amount of water with it I was in love, but often it just didn't mix up right
B&BW Coconut Vanilla Lotion (discontinued, just OK)
Eos mint (wish more Eos came with SPF and not just the yellow for that reason I have mostly switched to Fresh Sugar)
MDSolar- SPF 50 Mineral Cream (kind of gritty but absorbed well)

Not for me

Spoiler
Jack Black All Over Wash (was fine but its a male-targeted product and smells like that)
Jack Black Face Buff (I only use chemical exfoliants for the most part, this was too harsh)
Sephora Express Eye Makeup Remover Wipe- didnt remove waterproof mascara. Had to tug a lot just to get off eyeshadow
Dr. Jart PoreMedic- too greasy and thick feeling for summer 
Dr. Jart Dis-a-pore- just not a great fit, too light
Matrix Biolage keratindose- ugh left my hair drier than it already is! awful
Benefit Poremedic- so glad I tried a sample before falling for the hype. Felt it did nothing
Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash- Too harsh on my skin, felt it was stripping

I think I got a mini of that Marc Anthony from an Ipsy bag. Have not been inspired to try it until now. Thanks.

Great empties!  And I got that beach spray from a TSB so now you're making me even more excited to try it out.

Wow, I thought I had a lot of empties last month until I started scrolling through this thread.  None of these blew me away, in the 'must repurchase' sense.  The only full on no was the born this way foundation; technically it is not an empty.  I used the deluxe once and am throwing it away because it sucks for me.

Im really happy to be moving on to a new day and night cream, as well as a new day serum.

0801152image.jpg

Love that coconut body shop cream. Smells great and moisturizes nicely. What did you think?

I think those are great empties.  I need to get better about throwing thing away when they just don't work rather than letting them clutter up my makeup drawers.  Is that the PTR Camu Camu serum?  That was my gateway into serums.  Lasted forever and really did seem to improve my skin, but I'm not sure if they reformulated it but the new version I got to replenish it seemed so different I returned it.

I'm impressed by the empty Clinique pump.  I feel like I'm going to have mine until the next ice age.

I have been anxiously working on that thing for-EVER!  

I have a few new day creams I've been waiting to try, but told myself I couldn't until I finished this.

I have SO many empties this month!  I made it my goal to use as many foils as possible while I was traveling one week, so that helped a lot with my sample stash!

FAVES - Want more!

AUG FAVE.jpg

Spoiler
Lush Rose Jam Shower Gel
Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (this scent is just amazing)
L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm (love the scent and it totally helped my hair)
The Body Shop Body Milk in Moringa
The Body Shop Body Sorbet in Satsuma
Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash-Off
L'Occitane Amande Milk Concentrate (deluxe and foil)
Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
Fortune Cookie Soap Second Star to the Right
Philosophy Miracle Worker Overnight
Dr. Jart BB Dis-A-Pore
Soap & Glory Face Soap & Clarity
Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia and Peony & Blush Suede (especially layered together!)
Lancome Genifique (x2)
Julep Luxe Repair Serum (worked wonders on a troublesome dry patch!)

LIKED - Would consider repurchasing

AUG LIKE.jpg

Spoiler
Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
Bella Freesia Candle (not a ton of throw but gorgeous)
Two Good Scents scrub in Coffee Mocha
Yankee Candle - Mountain Lodge
Drybar Sake Bomb Shampoo & Conditioner (full sized + 3 foils each)
wen Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Lotion
Illume Go Be Lovely perfume in Desert Tulip (doesn't last a long time but I loved the scent)
Skyn Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (these stung a bit at the end but wow they made an obvious difference)
pur minerals Wine Exfoliating Mask (very strong but I really liked the scent and feel)
Bath & Body Works PocketBac Sanitizer in Warm Vanilla Sugar
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil (x3)
Living Proof Style Lab Satin Hair Serum (x2)
R+Co Shine Shampoo & Conditioner
Glamglow Supercleanse (x3)
NUDE omega cleansing jelly (x2)
Ole Henricksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser
Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
Not Soap Radio body wash in Awash in a field of four leaf clover
L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil
Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber
pure DKNY drop of rose
Jimmy Choo Blossom
Dior J'Adore
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine (paired super well with the satsuma body shop products!)
Glamglow Supermud (deluxe and foil)
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
Sephora Express Eye Makeup Remover Wipe (I was impressed - good travel solution!)
Tony Moly Banana Hand Milk

OK/UNDECIDED - Would use again in a pinch, or need to keep trying

AUG OK.jpg

Spoiler
Various Mary Kay Face/Eye Samples (x8) (I have a GIANT stash of these to work through, forget buying full size!)
Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes (better as a body refresher than a makeup remover)
Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (need to try again)
Therape soy candle in Lavender
IKEA tea lights (x4)
Living Proof Curl Conditioning Wash (not terrible, may have made my waves look better, want to keep trying)
Drybar Texas Tea Shampoo & Conditioner (need to try again)
Fortune Cookie Soap Shower Steamer in The Captain (smelled good, not sure it did much)
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo & Conditioner
Aveda Stress Fix Cleansing Oil
FAB Ultra Repair Cream (liked this better in winter)
Pantene Keratin Repair Shampoo
HASK Monoi Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (worked well, smell wasn't great)
Tarte Naturals powders (x2)
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (x2) (liked better for hair than face)
Josie Maran Argan SPF (x2)
Prada Candy L'eau
CLEAN First Blush
Atelier Cologne Mandarine Glaciele (pretty, want to try again)
Wella Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixer
Tokyomilk Everything & Nothing hand creme
Escada Ocean Lounge EDT
Amore Pacific Dual Defense Eye Cream night
Briogeo Don't Despair Repair hair mask
Jack Black Double Header Shampoo & Conditioner

NOPE - The definite no's

AUG NOPE.jpg

Spoiler
Eleven Protect Day Creme (just a weird texture, this one might actually be okay...)
L'Occitane Precious Cleansing Foam (HATED the smell)
Kiehls Rosa Arctica Eye (made my eyes burn)
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting Liquid (didn't do much and leaked easily)
Cotz Plus tinted sunscreen (hate tinted sunscreens)
Butter London Scrubbers (x3; used all three of these to remove one manicure!)
Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Wow!  Super impressive empties.  You really made it through a lot!

Love the Soap & Glory face wash!

I got a sample of Soap & Glory face wash & really like it too.

What are your thoughts on that Lush Argan Body Conditioner? I almost picked it up a few months ago but thought any moisturizing body wash or lotion would essentially be doing the same thing?

I buy it mostly for the scent.  I do think a good quality body lotion does a better job at moisturizing than a body conditioner, although I will say it helps to use both when I have extremely dry skin.  

Wow! Nice work!

You did great. I have a foil of that BHA I was looking forward to trying. If it did not do much for you in that big size, the foil is probably going to be useless.

I lost about 3/4 of it to leaking, so I wouldn't necessarily assume the foil is useless.  That said, I'm not about to pay to try it again!

Yeah, I hate when containers are faulty. Even when they're samples, it makes me reluctant to buy the full size for fear it will have the same problem.

April 2015 Empties.jpg

I forgot to list out the names before filling in my reviews, so let me know if you have any questions.

1 Reply
testing