Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I can't believe I finished up some full sizes!  These SK-II items I bought a while ago and probably used about half  previously.  When I started looking around for new brightening skin are, I realized how stupid it was not to use stuff I have and (a) give it a chance to work and (b) save money (or just spend it on makeup!). Anyway, my skin is doing great, so I'm going to keep working through things I have and try to keep track of how my skin does.

Anyway, recent empties, FS: 

upload_8128812721060853397.jpg

Likes/Possible Repurchases:

SK-II both - this moisturizer is huge at 2.6 oz so I kind of thought I would never use it up.  The lotion/liquid I used following the SKII essence.  Overall I liked the silky feel, it was a matte finish but still moisturizing. As for long term effects? I never really know but I'll see if my skin does better worse or the same without these!

Dior Nude foundation - there is still about 1/5 of this left but the top stopped working and I can't get any out.  It's pretty amazing I used up as much as I did because I have a problem using things up.  I really like this foundation but a repurchase would probably be for the Forever version, as it has greater staying power.

NIA 24- I got this from the dermatologist.  I was kind of using it off and on and would use mostly at night.  Very moisturizing but never greasy, and she says the niacin is great for age spots and discoloration.  I really liked this very much, but I'm kind if partial to more elegant packaging!  Anyway, another one I will see how I do off it while I use up other stuff. Its a bit pricey at $85 for 1.7 or so, but a little goes a long way, and that's not bad compared to some others (I'm looking at you Sunday Riley Bionic).

I was a bit indifferent about the Caudalie eye.  It was fine but I don't really feel it did anything for lines and wrinkles.

Overall, I'm really proud of myself and thanks to BT forth is thread and your emphasis of good skincare habits!

DELUXES AND SAMPLES:

upload_7665057747940662954.jpg

:

LOVES, will repurchase or already have:

B&B Hair primer - I use this as a finisher and smoother - love it so much, I bought the full size and got a bunch of 100 pt rewards.

Algenist Genius C Serum - already bought the full size, but still have some samples/deluxes of other serums to use up

Guerlain BB Glow

Other stuff is mostly okay - nothing that blew me away, although I like the Kate Somerville Age Arrest and would consider that again.  Most of the sample jars were masks or cleansers.  I had some mini mascaras that basically dried up - love Hypnose and Diorshow in general and have full sizes of those. I bought the FS Sake Bomb, because I loved my samples, but I can only use it intermittently or my hair can get a little greasy in between washings.  The Clinique Eye Makeup remover I realized kind of stung my eyes, so I dumped at about half-empty.  I prefer Lancome Bi-Facil to this one.  

Any other questions, just let me know! 

Anonymous Insider

Great empties! And full size too! I've tried both essences and hands flown Missha first time essence is the best and way less expensive. I think you like the ingredient list better as well. I still use a toner with mine to balance my skin after washing. I've never tried the bb primer after I've done my hair. I've gone through two deluxe size samples and couldn't figure out if it was doing anything, ha. 

Thanks for he recommendation, I will check it out!  I'm trying to pay more attention to ingredients, not just fancy marketing.  Only took me 40 years!  

As for the primer, My long hair can get a bit frizzy the 2nd3rd day after a curly or wavy style, this smooths it out beautifully. I am also lazy about getting haircuts, so it smooths my ends too.  I just section it into about 4 sections and spritz a bit, then just run my hands over the whole section to get it distributed.

Yay!  Congrats on finishing some full sized products and also for deciding to try to get through some of your stash.  I have never tried skII products as of yet.   I was contemplating getting some in November on my Japan trip.  

That's awesome you are going to japan.  I hope to get there someday soon!  You will have a lot of skincare to try, my friends dad used to go for work and bring us back so much skincare, but I always had to guess what things were. I still have serum I use so stiles but no idea what it's supposed to do!

Will you find a laduree makeup store?  

I go there every November for work so I try to make lists of new and exciting things to find.  There are two laudree stores that I know of.  One in the Lumine mall and the other behind the topshop in Omotesando.  I've already got one rose petal blush but I'm looking forward to purchasing some of the cameo blushes this year.  

Nice, please take some pictures at laduree, even though I will be so envious, I'd love to see the store itself.  :). I will go to Yokohama for work, but not til 2017, so I hope I can get there sooner for some reason.

I've always wanted to try an essence.  Do you use it in place of a toner or in addition to a toner?

Yes, I was just putting it on in place of any toner. I used this lotion above first, just let it soak in for a second, then follow with the SKII essence.  I think I've read people say it's just expensive water, so I'll probably try a less expensive brand next time to compare, I was eying Koh Gen Do, or Belif is very inexpensive!

I assume you'd want the essence to soak in as much as possible so I normally forego a toner if I'm using one.  

I just used an SK-II essence foil on the stretch marks on my bum. 😉 I selected it in the sample section and then just now discovered that it has silicones in it. So I thought, "Where can I make the best use of a serum/essence that is not on my face?" LOL. So there's one option....

Lol, nice!

I laughed out loud, all right.  The way you worded this was so descriptive and funny.  Thanks.

I aim to please. 😄

Anonymous Insider

june-empties.jpg

- Wonderstruck lotion was great, I even cut up the top to get to as much as I could.

- The lip gloss is Neutrogena, and I really like, and already got another one.

- Sally Hansen Hardener is good, got another one already.

- Sally Hansen Top Coat is my HG. You can't see it, but there is about 1/4 of it left in the bottle 😞 Once there isn't much left it becomes a thick mess, and you can't use it anymore. Still, love it, and already repurchased.

Everything else ok.

Foils:

june-empties-foils.jpg

- Hempz lotion was too much shimmer

- L'Occitane Divine Cream -- love!

- Benefit Cleanser -- love!

Great empties!  I'm always impressed when people have empty nail polish/nail treatment bottles.  That's the one thing that's so hard for me to use up!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! I love those SH hardener and top coat. I wish that the top coat didn't become a thick mess, but what can you do? I still love it 🙂

image.jpg

I finished many maintenance products last month, and love most of these. The Cutex and Dr.Jart are likes; they haven't moved up to loves quite yet despite many repurchases. 

Nice!  Using up maintenance products always feels good.  Looks like you did a really nice job on these.

Just into July and I already have more empties than I did in June, very pleased with myself:)

I'm hoping July will be good for me as well!  I had a few maintenance products that each had just a little bit left so I'm hoping to finish them by the end of the month and free up some room in my storage!

2 Replies
testing