Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

You used that beauty squegee thing, didn't you? 😄

The teensy lip gloss spatula?  I have one from the container store and I absolutely LOVE it.  Of course even with it I didn't manage to get every last little drop out of mine like beauty2sample.

Wow!  You really did use those lippies to the last drop.  And I thought I got my lipgloss clean.  🙂  I've had the same problem with that eye gel sporadically.  Sometimes it is fine and it feels great, other times it does burn a little.

I like pickles! I also need to put a serious dent in my beauty products. Fun thread!

i070115mage.jpg

My empties were a little meh this month.  Only thing I would repurchase is the shiseido masks. 

I absolutely hated subversion primer and the tarte mascara.

I cannot remember what I thought of those Shiseido masks.  May need to try it again.  I like that coconut cream by The Body Shop.  It smells so good, too.  Coconuts are like coffee beans.  I hate them, but I love the way they smell.

That's a bummer about the subversion primer.  I have one in the drawer from a value pack (not sure if that is the right word) I got at Costco that has both a mascara and a primer but haven't tried the primer out yet.  I like those masks too.  They are the eye ones, right?

I tried the primer over and over again, with different mascaras, different methods, etc, but it just would not work for me.  Made me look clumpy and gross.  I do have a tough time with mascaras though.  My lashes are naturally thick, and won't hold a curl for anything.

I do love those masks though.  They are the eye ones.  I use them once a week for my 'relaxing spa moment' 😄

I'm curious to see what I think of it.  I haven't had great experiences with eye lash primers to date.  I have one by Dior (I think) and I swear it makes my mascara harder to apply and more clumpy no matter what I try.  I've tried doing them immediately one after another, letting the primer dry, neither seem to work.

I agree about the Dior primer - I have tried a few different mascaras afterwards too. The only combo I have found is to use a Sephora mascara (not sure which one - it's a DS) right after the Dior primer while still wet, one eye at a time. It made them maybe a teensy bit longer, but not worth the effort. 

My June empties!  I'm hoping to start using more samples again in July...

Loved/Would Repurchase:

IMG_2995.JPG

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works Espresso Candle (whole house smelled like a coffee bar!)
Yankee Candle Bahama Breeze
Yankee Candle Mandarin
Bath & Body Works New England Autumn Bouquet Hand Soap
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Gel Moisturizer (the smell of this is amazing)
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara (almost as good as Definicils, I think)
Dove Go Fresh Cool Essentials Deodorant
Escada Joyful
Dior Miss Dior
Juicy Couture Hollywood Royale
Jimmy Choo Blossom
Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
Not Pictured - Lush Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb (smell was okay but wow it was pretty!)

Undecided/Neutral:

IMG_2996.JPG

Spoiler
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion (liked it, just not sure I'd buy full size)
Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner (I love the smell of this stuff and it works alright but oh the price!)
Yankee Candle Turquoise Sky Room Spray
Tory Burch Fragrance
Lady Speed Stick in Daringly Fresh (I found this in a travel bag and used the rest. Not as good as Dove)

Nope!:

IMG_2994.jpg

Spoiler
AuraCacia Comforting Geranium Mineral Bath (smell was weird and it didn't dissolve as well as I wanted)
Temple Spa Good Hair Day Shampoo & In Good Condition Conditioner (felt like cheap hotel stuff, thanks Birchbox...)
Fortune Cookie Soap Salt Scrub in The Boy Who Never Grew Up (fragrance was great but the salt chunks were HUGE and it all felt so harsh)
Julep Blank Canvas Primer (sticky and hard to apply)
Agent Provocateur Maitresse
Philosophy Live Joyously
Guerlain Kiss Kiss in Baby Rose (just not a fan of this shade on me)

I have been using that Dove deodorant for years. I bet I've used 30+ sticks of it. Such a great scent, I can't bring myself to change!

I buy this stuff at Costco now it's so good.  Any of the other deodorants I've tried have just been disappointing next to this!  I think I'm finally using the last stick of a different brand and then it'll be all Dove all the time 😄

Espresso bar is one of my faves too!  It smells amazing!

Like notcreative I too am very impressed with how many scents you have used.  I am finally towards the end of a bottle of perfume that I've had longer than I should probably admit.

Also, was it you that had a couple of candles you went through a month or two ago?  If so, I'm thoroughly impressed with that as well.  It's a good reminder I should burn the candles I have more often.  I tend to do so when I have guests over or am having an at home spa night but not enough on regular days.

Also, almost laughed when I saw those Temple Spa Shampoos and conditioners in the nope pile.  I got those in last month's box.  I did get the same scent as the shampoo in a cream and really liked it but have a feeling these will be in my nope pile as well as I'm SO picky about my shampoos and conditioners.

I have some perfumes that have more of a staying power, so they're going to last a lot longer.  Most of these scents were gone after just a few hours.  Which one are you working on?

I burn candles almost constantly when I'm home.  It's the only way I can justify buying as many as I do! 😄

You know, I can see the Temple Spa scent being very nice for a cream.  I just couldn't get past the feeling that I was using up some bad hotel freebie shampoo and conditioner because I'd forgotten my own.  And I'm not exactly picky about shampoo and conditioner, myself!

I am impressed with the number of scents you finished this month.  I've never finished one ever, so this is awesome.

I reapply a lot since I spend 98% of my time at home and don't have to worry if I accidentally overdo it. Also those deluxe bottles were all partially used and I made it my goal to get them out of here this month!

Is it weird that I'm already excited for sharing my empties at the end of this month.  Should be a good one as I pushed myself to use the dregs of a few products that had been kicking around in my bathroom for awhile and also brought a few samples on my trip to Italy.

I finished a huge SK II moisturizer and may finish another full size or even two of skin are, I can't believe it and so excited, so I hear you 100%!

That's awesome sister13!  The huge products are always the most satisfying.

testing